You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Sleepless Nights Being Watched

Real Ghost Stories

Sleepless Nights Being Watched

 

At the age of 12, my Great Aunt had given me a Ouija board that she had in her possession for quite a few years that she was also given. At the time I thought it was all fun and games talking to supposed spirits. What I soon began to see, was a darker, more sinister side of this "game."

Fast forward 6 years. I'm in college and live with my roommate and my girlfriend. Just recently I have been losing sleep night after night and often find myself waking up around 3-4am every night with the feeling something is sitting on my dresser near my bed staring at me. Not only have I been losing sleep and having strange feelings at night, but my roommate and my girlfriend have said the same thing, neither of them even believe in ghosts or the like so they skipped right over that and made excuses.

In the past few days I've began noticing some of my things are moved around and in strange places. I found my wallet and room keys tucked under clothes in my dresser. I know I ALWAYS put them in the same place because I'm really OCD about it.

I'm starting to feel nervous in my bed at night and I'm terrified to look at my dresser, fearing that I will see something one time. I also get a really nervous feeling in the bathroom as well. It's getting somewhat difficult to deal with my lack of sleep I've been having as its impacting my grades and just putting me in a down mood.

Could I be experiencing some kind of paranormal activity or what could it be?

Any help is appreciated! If you have any questions, just ask.

~Branden

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BrandenE, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Oh. I forgot to add one more thing. Ouija boards act as a gate between this realm and others, and you open that gate when you speak to spirits using a board. I read one of your older comments which specified that someone else was being stalked by what may be the same entity following you. If you feel like it is absolutely necessary, there is something you can do to prevent spirits from using that board as a portal. This would require that you ruin this board. I'm not sure how willing you are to part with it.

In any case, what you must do is desecrate the board. How, you ask? Simple, but not something many people would like to do. You do your business on the board. All spirits, demonic or otherwise, will see it as filthy and cease to use it as a gateway into this world. I'm quite serious about this desecration business, but you might want to save it as a last resort.

I hope all this was of some use.
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
I find it quite remarkable that Azrael would be stalking you for the past few months. That isn't to say I think you're lying... I just don't think it's Azrael we're dealing with here. Just think about it. Archangel of Death stalking you? He would've taken you and moved on. Or so I would imagine.

For argument's sake, let's say it is Azrael. Well, the only reason he'd be around you is quite obvious. I'd say in that case, you're marked. I suppose you might be able to get him off your back until that fateful day, but it's highly unlikely.

Now, onto another scenario, and one I'm leaning toward. This entity, whoever it is, is not Azrael. I don't know what you've tried, but perhaps you've gone through the praying to Jesus stuff. Onto more potent methods. You can call upon the Archangel Michael to help rid you of this being. Should you ever find that this creature manages to get you back against the wall, there's something a bit better. Cast the demon or whathaveyou back to where it came in the name of Yahweh, God's unspeakable name, also known as the Tetragrammaton. Something like, "Leave this place in the name of Yahweh," or, "In the name of Yahweh return to the place from whence you came." And don't just throw Yahweh around; it's disrespectful.

Regardless of what I or anyone else suggest to you, if you don't have faith, it's futile. I'd like to stress that having faith and believing in God have nothing to do with being religious. I do hope that you believe to some extent, and that you are able to rid yourself of this being.
BrandenE (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
I've been really busy lately with my classes/finals/etc. And haven't had the time to post some more about my paranormal experiences.

After my finals, I returned home for the holidays with my family. Arriving at my house, I was surprised to find that my Quija board had been sat on my dresser near my bed. So me and my girlfriend began to talk about whether or not we should set it up. It seemed as if I was drawn to the board for some reason or another.

For whatever reason I don't remember, we set it up, lit some candles and turned off the lights. It was about 2:00am and my family had all gone to sleep. Before we started to ask questions, I began to feel a bit nervous. So we asked if anyone wanted to communicate and instantly, the eye-piece shot across the board to "yes."

I knew from the feeling in the room that whatever it was that has followed me to college, was there with us. So, now I asked, "are you the one who has been following me?" Yes again. At this point, my girlfriend became almost hysterical and demanded we close the session and go to bed.

I didn't ask questions, and we said goodbye. I put the board in my closet and we got in bed for the night. That night, I was so fearful of whatever it was that is following me, I had to sleep with the lights on. Even then, I tried not to open my eyes and look around the room because I had a gut feeling that I was being watched.

A couple of days later, I went to my Uncle's house (I grew up with him since I was little, he is a few years older than me. I consider him more of a brother than an uncle) with my younger sister and older brother. As we sat and bullshiatted with each other for a while, we got on the conversation of the paranormal.
His house was the first place I've had an experience with the paranormal, and it is not uncommon for strange things to happen at this house. The house is nearly as old as the town it's built in. I don't know the exact history of it, only that it is DEFINITELY "haunted."

After some conversation about things we've seen or had happen to us, we decided to make a Quija board. My Uncle and myself controlled the eye-piece while my brother asked questions and my sister watched. We started out again, asking if anyone was willing to communicate with us.
As before, the eye-piece flew, almost instantly, to "yes." Again, I got the same feelings as last time when I talked to whatever has been following me. My brother asked if it was this spirit, and again it answered "yes." After a few more questions, my brother asked what it's name was.

The eye-piece flew out of our control and rolled across the floor. My Uncle and I both accused each other of tossing the eye-piece, and we both denied it. So again, my brother asks for it's name, and again, the eye-piece went flying. The mood in the room changed dramatically, and my younger sister began to cry.

Then out of the blue, my brother says "Azrael." I asked him what he was talking about and he said, "I don't know... It just came into my head." So we looked online for the meaning of the word, not knowing what we were in for.

The first article to pop up went on to say that Azrael is the name of the Archangel of Death. Just typing this sentence right now is giving me whole body goosebumps.

My brother is not the kind of person who looks into this stuff to freak us out for his own laugh, so I don't believe who would have done so.

Now we sat in my Uncle's room and everyone is terrified to venture out by themselves, so we all head to the kitchen for a drink and some snacks. There is a guest bedroom attached to the kitchen, with a door that is always closed. As we walk into the kitchen, I'm the first to notice the door is partially open.
My brother noticed shortly after I had and walked to the door to close it. When he grabbed the handle, he told us he had the urge to go in and sit down by himself for a while. My Uncle, sister and I went back to my Uncle's room and waited for my brother.

About 10 minutes later he came into the room with a horrid look on his face, and refused to tell us why. We decided we'd had enough of the whole haunting thing and called it a night. He never did tell us what had happened in that room, and I had tried to push it all out of my head because I figured I'm only going to scare myself thinking about it.

We never talked about what had happened that night for the rest of the time I was home.

Now, my break is over and I'm back at school and now, it seems my sleepless nights are even less sleep filled. I just can't seem to sleep at all lately. I had pretty much forgot about all my "being watched" and whatnot until last night.

I had been unable to sleep and was sitting in my bed around 4am, wishing I could just get a few hours of sleep when I heard a breathy whisper in my ear that stood the hair on my entire body on end. I have no clue what it said to me, as the words couldn't be made out.

Now it feels as if I'm being watched everywhere I go. I can almost pinpoint the windows I go by where I know something is watching my every move.

I've tried to take some of the advice I've been given; saying prayers, etc., but to no avail. If anything it seems like it pisses whatever is following me off more than anything.

I'm not at all a religious person so is seeking the help of a religion even an option?

Just writing this now has given me an enormous amount of chills...

And to those who may say "Hollywood has created your fear, and you're playing off your own paranoia" or whatever bullshiat, all I have to say is simply "Piss off." I know what has happened to me and it has been confirmed by numerous others now.

Lastly, sorry if the story is confusing/jumbled around. I have only slept 8 hours in the past week and my thoughts are somewhat scrambled.

Thank you all for the support thus far.

~Branden
BrandenE (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
I demanded that whatever was watching me at night leave me alone, and at first it seemed to only amplify the activity. Again, I demanded it leave in the name of Jesus Christ and that it was not welcome, and it seemed to help. I haven't had any problems since, but still often find myself waking up around the same time every night.
lauren318 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
definitely relate to what you are dealing with... What helped me was cleansing my room by sprinkling holy water and saying the our father... Burning white sage also helps... I still in a way think something is around or lingering but I have always been sensitive so it could be anything passing through but there is definitely no more negative energy and I have been sleeping better I still wake up sometimes 3 or 4 times a night but never out of fear or because I am being watched like before...
ghosthunterX (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
my friend had been experiencing this problem but it doesn't have any connection with an ouja board. However he got rid of that spirit by forcing that spirit to leave. The spirit got mad and attacked him. He was unconscious for an hour. When he woke up he said that he can feel peace already so I believe that the spirit was gone 😐
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
I have problem with this for one reason. It sounds as if you were MADE to feel this way. What with all the 'post' warnings you received it's no wonder. I'm not saying you aren't suffering from some type of infestation I'm saying you've basically had the fear pushed on you. Normally, I call this "Blame it on Hollywood". But you've also got outside factors piling on. Fear is your weakness here. You haven't been "attacked" physically. Emotionally, you're a wreck, fear does that. "Fastforward 6 yrs" that's sounds like you're looking for a reason because you've already decided it's got to be something "against" you. This is only my theory, and it could be any number of things, but I'd say it looks like an intelligent haunting and maybe you're feeling guilty about playing with a Quija board so many years ago, especially if you've watched anything out of Hollywood in the last decade or so. Fear sells, that why they use it, MONEY. Like I always say, I could be wrong, but you came here for suggestions and that's mine. Thanks for the story, it's a good one.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Dear Branden E, so sorry about your bad paranormal experiences. I agree with all the above advice given to you so far. Excuse me, but why did your great aunt give a then 12 year old boy, a Ouija board? Maybe she was unaware, of the power it can maifest. Or maybe she thought it was just another game? I'm sure, everyone here would like to know.
Also, since you asked to contact a "dark" entity, were you just curious or did you want to become involved, and ask for favors, of the malevolient side of the spirit world. If you asked it for help, of any kind, it may feel you owe it, in some way, hence its' constent presence. From your story, It's obvious, these entities, frieghten you, and you want to avoid further contact. If you are not of the Catholic Faith, you may want to really consider, turning a new leaf, in your life, and giving Christianity a serious try. The time may be at hand for finding the love and light of God. JimD, is a good start. Good luck and many of Gods' Blessing your way!


❤ ❤ ❤
Jitow (362 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
There is no spirit that is not subject to the will of Almighty God through Christ Jesus. Call upon the name of Jesus, the name above all names. If it does not stop the event then you are not having one. It is that simple. You will here disputesw about this but only because they know it is true. Don't be deceived, don't let anyone pull you to the side with some new hoodoo. Do it the same way it has been done for ages. It is that simple.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Branden: See, the problem with Ouija boards all comes down to the operator's intent... I mean, how pissed off would you be if you were awakened from a sound sleep by someone asking stupid questions?...I'm not trying to bash you, but just making an observation... I have to go with Puppeteer on this one, and in addition to cleansing your space, it would be a good idea to have yourself and your girlfriend cleansed... Seems like this guy's attached to YOU, and not necessarily your environment...

Where is the board now?...If you can, after performing your cleansing, destroy it... You can google (how have we EVER survived without google? 😆) ways to safely destroy it...

Good luck, you've gotten some good advice so far... ❤
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Do not let this fear consume you! If you are dealing with a dark entity, they THRIVE off of your fear -- so that could explain the persistence.

Show him your bold soul, show him your light/love. (Sounds cheesy, and cliche, but it's cliche for a reason!)

Everything in this Universe is put here for a reason -- and this little guy is just here to challenge your soul and advance you to step up and face your fears. Very empowering!
BrandenE (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Some information I left out and thing's I've never connected with the recent happenings

**********************

The Quija board is, I believe, an original, or quite close to it. My Aunt was given it by a friend of hers actually who had said since it came into his possession, he was stalked by some entity for years.

Before coming to college about 2 years ago, I would often have the feeling I was being watched in my bedroom and once seen a shadow at the foot of my bed. I had to leave my tv on every night after that because of my fear of seeing it again.

When I received the board, I remember vaguely asking to talk to a dark spirit, so maybe I brought this upon myself.

I left the board at home when I came to college.

I DO live in a very old dorm, oldest on campus. Not sure if anything has happened here or not.

I'm not very religious, but these experiences have led me to saying prayers before I sleep, and often when I'm unable to sleep at night.

Last night my girlfriend was awoken with the sound of a low growling sound that I also heard (I was already awake as I constantly am...) and the sound of long nails running down concrete.

Thank you for the help thus far.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Btw hey there again Jim it's been a while since I've seen you. It's nice to know that there is another capable individual on the case. Seems we are both using our trademark cures again but together we always seem to come up with something that works between us Good to be working with you again

Your friend,
The Puppeteer
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Hey there First off sorry to hear that this is costing you sleep, you said you were playing with a ouija board yes then it is verry possible that someone is watching you though it may only be a darker spirit and not a demon. I personaly would recomend useing sage to purify the room and a small circle of salt around the bed and dresser if you are realy worried. Though I am not opposed to Jims sugestion of holy water and the prayer to Mary and Jesus not all spirits will respond to the same treatments If you have any questions I invite you to contact myself or my associates at the Ouroboros Exorcism Society. My personal Email is on my profile and the Society can be contacted at the following Email address: ouroborosexorcismsociety [at] hotmail.com or you can contact the Society directly at http://ouroborosexorcismsociety.webs.com
Good luck I hope you get some releif believe me myself and the members of the Society are only hear to help. Good luck and may the gods watch over you,

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Branden, I've been experiencing something similar myself, and know how horrid it can be.
I don't like to be in my home on my own.
However, I haven't been in contact with a Ouija board ever, so I can't relate to that.
If you need anything, or just a chat, email me:)
My email is in my profile

All the best

-Alice xox
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Hey Branden, I actually do have a few questions 😊 Have you used the Ouija board recently, and is it still in your possession? Do you live in a dorm on campus or in an apartment? Have you done any research to find out if something happened in the place where you are currently living? The activity you are describing could be just a curious spirit or is looking for attention. If it turns out that this is what JimD has sugguested, then he will be able to help you. He is our resident demonologist on this site and has helped many people. Good luck, and I hope you find the answers you need soon. ❤
JimD (431 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Hi Branden;

My name is Jim and I'm a demonologist. The Ouija board opened the door, even though it was quite some time ago. These symptoms are classic demonic harassment, at the early stages. Respond now, before more of a toehold is gained.

I counsel Catholic Holy water, especially on the bed and at night. Demons are more active at night. Also, the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me" said out loud or even mentally is most effective. If Catholic, I'd strongly also recommend receipt of the sacraments, especially Mass and confession, and saying the Holy Rosary (most effective). If you need more, email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com. Good luck. Jim.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: