You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A New Beginning

Real Ghost Stories

A New Beginning

 

As you all should know I've been in a haunted house in my childhood, but unfortunately it doesn't stop there for me. I have been in 3 houses that I can remember which were all what I deem to be haunted. This is my third house, (I will post the second later). We moved from our house in the Poconos for my step dad's work. We got a really nice deal on a beautiful Victorian house from the early 1800s in a friendly neighbourhood that I picked out, (I was helping my mother house search). There was barely much to fix up and when we got in it, new carpets and windows have already been installed. The previous owner of the house, (he was elderly and loved it a lot), passed away peacefully.

When we first got into the house and moved in, it seemed very welcoming and friendly. For the first time, I felt at ease. It's a large house with an attic and basement, and I wasn't afraid of going there alone anymore. Once we were settled, there was an instance where my mother called me from downstairs as I was sleeping. She asked if I called her and I said no and continued napping. I thought nothing of it. Another occasion is where my boyfriend thought he heard me saying his name, and then it happened with my brother. I was pretty confused why this was going on. After that the house seemed pretty quiet.

A year or so in, some things started occurring. A lot of the time, (and I mean a lot), I would hear someone whispering my name always the same tone and always the same voice. I never know where it's coming from, and sometimes it's loud, other times it's soft. It can be when I'm lying down or even just on the computer. This house is old so I got used to some of the creaks, but a lot of the time I always heard footsteps on the side of the bed, or creaks right outside my door. One time my mother even heard someone running through the hallway when we were all sleeping. It really, really scared her. Other times we would smell a rotten smell from my mother's computer room. It was so strong it drifted through the hallway. It stayed there for an hour or more, and then disappeared completely. This has happened three separate times. I also don't know if I'm seeing things, but I often see shadows zip by me, and when I was sleeping recently I kept feeling something bump my bed from the bottom. No one is in the room and I have a large hope chest at the foot of my bed.

I have a puppy that sleeps with me, and he keeps shaking his head from time to time like something's touching him. He keeps staring at the ceiling and seems like he's about to growl. Other times he just hides under my bed. This happened last night.

I've also had some disturbing dreams lately, but that can be a coincidence. I still don't feel that scared in our house, and my mom still believes nothing is in here, just something that took a liking to me, (maybe). Our family has a strong line of people with a sixth sense on my mother's side and she has it too, but is afraid to use it. She's more of a chicken than me.

So what could this be? Could it be the old man, or a mischievous spirit? Sometimes I feel threatened, and other times I don't. I'm on-and-off about what it might be. I know some things can be disproven, but others are just undeniable. The bumps on my bed keep happening pretty often, too.

I would appreciate some suggestions. I've gotten used to it at this point.

Thank you

Other hauntings by Ikatsu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ikatsu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
I'm glad that the little bit of information was helpful to you! I looked back at what I wrote, and I said we "probably" lived close to Camelback. I think that was just a typo, we actually lived perhaps 5-10 minutes away. I may have known where your community was once, but I wouldn't anymore since I live in Colorado now. Anyway, can't wait to hear your story about the second house! Was that in the Poconos too?
Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Oh wow! Thanks so much Aya. I know Pennsylvania is a very haunted state, but I didn't know much history about the Poconos. I just know that it's very wooded and a lot of its houses are old. My second house was haunted and was probably one of the most eerie of all of my other houses.

I value that bit of information, and it explains very much. Also, yes, I know where Camelback is. If you mean the ski area, we lived like 10 minutes away from it. The second house was in a gated community--Pocono Country Place. Maybe you might have heard of it. 😁
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
Hi Ikatsu, I used to live in the Poconos when I was a teenager. It seemed like no matter where I went, I would always feel something as if it were in the very air of the region. When I couldn't sleep, I'd go on long walks through the woods at night. During those walks, I could very often feel the presence of many things watching me and even following me.

Look at the history of the Poconos. There are a lot of stories about witchcraft, Indian massacres, and of course the trail that George Washington and his men traveled on in the winter also runs through there (many died on that trail). It's a very, very haunted place full of ghostly activity. Hopes this gives some insight into what you experienced.

Of course, not all the spirits are friendly in that region (maybe due to the witchcraft that used to go on there). My house was haunted too, my family and I lived probably near Camelback if you know where that is. That house was the worst and most haunted house I've ever experienced. I don't believe they were human spirits.

Good luck, I hope my little brief history of the region gives a some insight into your experiences. In any case, my advice to anyone is not to invite anything into your life and to let it know that it's not welcome. You're very brave for not letting it get to you. Thanks for posting!
~aya
Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
To answer your question, Darkness, I honestly think something may be attached to me specifically, because in my second house, I heard the same voice, which was the first time it ever occurred. The very first time it was frequent and right up against my ear, before my TV started turning itself on and off. It was pretty startling.

I mean, everyone agrees on the rotting scent in one room from time to time, and my mother sometimes thinks something paranormal's happening, (rarely), but I think the majority of this activity happens to me specifically. Mind you, I don't antagonize anything and ignore most of it to the fullest, but whatever it is certainly gets my immediate attention, sometimes startling sometimes nothing new to me.

Do these experiences still happen? Yes. Just last night, (though I ignore it now), I hear footsteps around my bed constantly and feel as though something's watching me sleep. My TV usually changes volume from time to time, from extremely loud to soft, and gets muted randomly too to the point where I have to turn the TV on and off a few times for it to work again. (And yes we checked the TV, it's pretty much new and nothing is wrong.)

I still wonder what it is, and what it wants. Things seem to gravitate toward me.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
My Mother is the same way To chicken to Believe in paranormal too Know what I mean and I am just like you I do believe what know about the paranormal and that a very interest story and Yes the animals can sence spirits that Your puppy can see and feeling them when something touch your puppy.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
I agree with DARKNESS I also think it is a typical haunting and the spirit may also be attached to you.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Have you ever thought that something may be attached to you at all? The signs you were experiencing are textbook examples of typical hauntings. The hearing of voices and footsteps and seeing shadows and things from the corner of your eyes are typical things to get your attention. Do you still experience these things at all?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: