You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Astral Voyage

Real Ghost Stories

Astral Voyage

 

As of this past Sunday night, I astral projected subconsciously and it scared me real bad. Before it even happened I was falling asleep in my room when I got this eerie feeling that something was watching me in the dark. I had been experiencing that feeling lately in my apartment. I was really spooked because usually after that I would suffer sleep paralysis. I didn't want to be alone in case it happened again so I took my pillow into my twin sister's room to sleep in there. After closing my eyes and trying to drift to sleep I opened them again because sleep just wouldn't come. I was no longer in my sister's room but I was in my own, when I had never gotten up to go back to my room.

I panicked and went to switch the light on. It didn't work, up and down I flipped the switch and the light wouldn't turn on. I had a feeling it was my spirit because by that point I knew I was still in my sister's room. I picked up my cell phone to call my sister and it wouldn't work. I then attempted to open my door to get to my sister's room because I was curious to see myself lying in my sister's bed. The door wouldn't open. I panicked; I wanted to get back to my body. I decided to lie back in my bed and try to sleep so that I could re-join my body in my sister's bed.

I closed my eyes and then after several minutes I opened them back up and sure enough I was in my body and back in my sister's room where I had fallen asleep to begin with. It was super scary.

I don't like experiencing astral projection when it is not of my own doing.

Can someone please tell me how to keep this from happening?

Other hauntings by victoriarachel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, victoriarachel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-14)
It's quite alright, Twilight. ๐Ÿ˜Š Worse things then being confused with Granny! ๐Ÿ˜†
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-14)
Sorry, I'm obviously very tired! I don't know how I thought zzzgranny had replied back. I meant val. Sorry for the mix up, and thank you!
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-14)
Sorry for the confusion miracles, I haven't had any problem's submitting, or commenting on anything. I just noticed that it was brought up on this post. But zzzgranny answered it for me. It's a shame how some "adults" want to behave in such a manner. But like I said, I was just curious about that. Thank you for taking the time to answer my many random question's lol. I'm just trying to get familiar with everything on here. So again, thanks for the help!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
Twilight - if I may? Are you referring to the stories in the category of succubus/incubus/sexual ghosts? If you are, it is as you suspected, for the same reason we no longer accept them. The comments tend to get way out of hand and explicit.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
Twilight1011 - I just looked at both your stories and I didn't see anything that said comments could not be made ๐Ÿ˜• I'm trying to multi-task here and I may have misunderstood what you meant, so if I did please correct me ๐Ÿ˜Š

As for some other stories that the comments section has been shut down, or we've asked members to stay on topic, it is normally because there is too much drama going on in the comments section or the original poster has been found out as a fraud.

I hope this helped a little. If not we'll try again ๐Ÿ˜Š
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
To zzzgranny, and miracles, I'm sorry this is off subject to this post, but it's about what I read in the comments here. I'm still new to this site, so I'm sorry for the many questions I've asked in previous comment's. I'm just always curious, but mean no offense. I see you wrote that certain stories as you listed here, are no longer able to be commented under. Why exactly is that? I don't have any stories to say in those field's, but I also noticed when submitting my 2 stories I had posted earlier this month, it says you also can not write to those. Which I understand that part, since you mentioned some were getting carried away, and starting to write fake stories, that were getting a little out of line, from my understanding. But I was just curious as to why no comments to them as well? I'm sure it's most likely the same reason, with some saying thing's out of line there too? Sorry to ask a lot of questions to y'all. Like I said, I'm still new to this site, but I do want to add that I feel in love with this site! I think y'all are all amazing, and I really do enjoy reading everyone's experiences. I understand if this gets deleted though. But hopefully you can at least inform me before you do, to my question. Thank you again, and sorry for any trouble.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
MISTER_MAGIC - I have to correct you. You have made comments that have been deleted. They were out of line. And considering I am the one who deleted them, I stand by my decision.
MISTER_MAGIC (9 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
I have not offended anyone on this site. I have no interest in "sexual ghosts". Moreover, I am not 10 years old. I do not need to be told to mind my manners.
I have had outstanding experiences involving aliens, fallen angels, demons, egyptian and greek gods.
I have photos of aliens and videos with shadow entities with glowing white eyes.
I think I will make them available to the general public in 3 or 4 years. It all depends on my mood.
Have a nice day!
MISTER_MAGIC (9 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
I just wanted to know what the alien looked like. Jesus Christ!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
MISTER_MAGIC: If you'll notice, all stories in the category of succubus/incubus/sexual ghosts have had their comments section closed. You haven't been around long enough to know that and I've been here long enough to not suffer your curiosity.

Mind your manners, and we'll get along just fine.

Triskaideka: no problem! โค
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
victoriarachel,

When I had these strange out-of-body experiences frequently, I found that the best thing to do while lying in bed at night was to imagine a tie between myself and the core of the planet. A nicely strong, sturdy tie. Something about that visualization seemed to keep me rooted in my body. I'm not sure why it worked. But it did. Also, you could probably find some useful books at your local or school library. This phenomenon has been studied for centuries! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+6
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
MISTER_MAGIC

America IS about freedom of speech. It's also about consequences. You are free to speak your mind. Others are free to do what they will in response to your words. This website is run by people who pour their time and effort into it, free of charge, allowing people like you and me to wander in and say whatever random potentially damaging things we like.

So since this is THEIR website, I think you should respect THEIR right to remove anything potentially offensive you say, and to scold you when you are being rude.

I am generally a nice person. I try to be nice. But I'm also honest, especially when people need to hear some honesty.

I suspect you are a troll. If you are not, please heed my words:
Have respect for other people's hard work and their feelings.

If you continue to unthinkingly run your mouth without consideration of others, this website will be the least of your problems in life.

[Sorry, mods. I couldn't not say something. I will not be offended if you delete this as well, since these tangential conversations are distracting. I just had to seize the opportunity to say something now while this person was currently online.]
MISTER_MAGIC (9 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
I wish I could post comments at the alien and the hag story but I cannot. Comments are disabled. Geeee...again! I thought America was all about freedom of speech.
MISTER_MAGIC (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
New comments for this story have been disabled. This is why.
ghstwrld (1 stories) (22 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
MISTER_MAGIC,

It's probably best to comment on the actual story you're asking about, rather than a different one that's not related. It might get a bit confusing. Just a suggestion ๐Ÿ˜
MISTER_MAGIC (9 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
Hello! I have a question regarding your other story. What did the alien look like? Whas it a grey alien, a reptilian, an andromedan?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
Yeah some of these experiences are illusions created by other sources no doubt!...There's a story here written by Granny's daughter monkey lemur... And in that story shes talks about her Dad... Who unfortunately passed away before she was born, he came into her bedroom one night and talked with her... From memory she mentions how the clock stop ticking I believe... And I suspect that her father created that reality feild from the power of his own love for her... To have that one off father daughter talk... Unbeknown to Lemur, I believe she was pulled into that field in spirit... As she believed it was real... The reason I call them projected reality fields... Is because when we die the illusions are over and replaced with these types of realities... I can't prove or preach what I'm describing, but just putting it out there..." Food for thought"...just one last bit of advise to the author... If you ever do strike one of these situations especially the evil one... Be brave and show no fear... They are designed to scare you into submission... They can only do so if you let them... Good luck!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
I recall reading the case of the Tortois... Evil spirit named as such, who posessed a college professor. This guy was able to Astral Project as well, to find out later it was just an illusion created by the evil spirit. Not to say this is the case here, but I can see where JimD is coming from.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
Rashidah and Jim... I think you both make some good points and I understand where both of you are coming from... Jim I do understand what has happen to some of your clients in regards to reality deceptions in the midst of astral projection... Some entity's good and evil can project false reality fields... And if its evil the nightmare of that experience is horrifying and can lead to mental disorders, depression and possible obsession as you pointed out... What I consider with caution when replying to stories like this, is not to plant that thought in the authors mind, as it can help play in the favor of creating these false projective fields... In my opinion it is better to rule it out first before allowing it in... Regards aussie.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
ok then I am sending an email your way. As soon as I am done typing ๐Ÿ˜Š
JimD (431 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
Hi Rash-

I don't want to take away from this poster or her problems. I do feel it's dangerous, but not everyone who does something potentially dangerous suffers an adverse reaction. Why is up to God. I had a case of demonic infestation (dark shadows, fear, chaos, hair pulling, being physically hit) after only one (1) use of a Ouija board, whereas others have used it more frequently without any harm - yet. Email me., if you want more info. Stay well. Jim
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
You have the ability to project yourself on natural basis... Are you a light sleeper? There are a couple of things that happen when we project ourselves unknowingly... Our realities somehow are meshed together... So on one hand you see yourself in your sisters room everything appears to be normal... You go over and hit the light switch and nothing happens... Thats because you are existing in parallel realties... You are in her room in spirit but not in physical form and you are trying to function as your physical self... As a point of observation, this is what happens to some when they die... They don't know which reality is which and you read stories here where people state that the light suddenly turned on!...see my point?...our spiritual consciousness and being has some amazing abilities... And some of the hauntings you read on here are from those who are confused by them in physical death... If you are waking up through the night, try going to bed a little later and when you wake up... Stay awake... If it bothers you that much... Look for ways to occupy yourself through the day that sees yourself tired in mind at night... Basically what I'm saying is you need to sleep more sound... Good luck!
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
We both got negative ratings for our experiences as I can see below:))

I respect your answer to my post. But what about those who did not get any form of negativity from this experience like myself?

What about those that have learnt a lot from these traveling and conversing with respectable old beings on the astral planes?
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
Hi Rash -

How are you? It's been a while and it's good to hear from you. I know you're a great person and speaks from her heart; thus meriting a response - in love & charity.

I know the world is not black and white; in fact, it's becomming more gray. However, it's a misreading of my ministry to take away the concept of simpliity; many, if not most, of my cases, which are exploding right now before Christmas, are both subtle and multi faceted. It is difficult to encapsulate what I do in a few paragraphs.

I told the truth about the cases of astral travel leading to possession and oppression, respectively. The embedding was quite subtle, and two seperate psychologists were unable to diagnose any mental disorders. If others do this practice without harm, I'm genuinely glad, but I felt compelled to truthfully relate two, actually three, real life cases. I guess that merits a negative rating. Not very fair, but neither is life.

I would have not responded, but as it was you, I mostly wanted to say hi and I hope you mand yours are well. God bless you. Jim.
Rashidah (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
We as humans can develop ourselves to explore various dimensions without the fear of it being demonic.

The world is not black or white. There are a lot of mysteries out there to just narrow it down that simply. Astral traveling is an excellent way to to try to uncover these mysteries. ๐Ÿ˜
JimD (431 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Hi;

Astral projection has now formed the basis of two cases I've been involved with. One was solved, thank God, and one is still active. The oppression is very bad. Pretty young woman.

Demons are experts at illusion and at making us believe we have powers we really don't. Their speciality is psychological warfare.

I counsel, quite strongly, to get and use Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night. Also, the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me" is quite effective and generally gets quite a reaction from these visitors. The initial (possible) illusion has hooked you, and now it's attempting transient possession, in the early stages.

If Catholic, I'd counsel receipt of the sacraments (Mass, Confession and Holy Communion, and often. Email me, should you require more at Dukes2352atAOL.com.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
I think you just scared yourself. Some people can do it while aware others like myself can only do it while sleeping. The only reason I know that I am projecting is because of what I've been told by astral beings I've run into. I can't relax enough to project while awake. This is really a great gift you just need to learn how to contol it. I've also noticed that sometimes when I'm having sleep paralysis it is because I've woken myself up after a voyage. I've only seen the outside of my house. It is very hard to describe and I have so many different instances of it I can't list them all. I think it is your time to project. I think that something (maybe your teacher) is coming to show you things and he helped you out of your body. That may be what you are feeling in the room too.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
Try this...
Tie a rope around your ankle, then anchor it to the bedpost. This will help you not to drift so far... Give yourself a little slack, so you can explore. ๐Ÿ˜œ
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
It would have been quite scary at the time especially if you have never experienced this before. Study up on it and it can really be a wonderfull thing to do, as Cosmo mentioned take a little looksie in to Aussiedaz's experiences. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Char89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Wow that would be scary but what a great gift! I hope you take advantage of it and enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: