You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dreams, A Girl, And A Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams, A Girl, And A Lady

 

A week after we moved in into our old house, I started having this dream of an old person sitting in a wheelchair below the stairs leading to the basement. I would dream of him/her 3 to 4 times a week. After the 3rd dream, it bothered me so I shared it with my parents and siblings, that's when my then 16 year old sister shared that she too has been having a dream of a person being pushed down the stairs (same stairs).

My adopted brother was sleeping in the basement one night, and he was awakened by a loud thud like something fell the stairs and when he looked to check, there was nothing but he noticed that there's an area below the stairs that's colder than the rest of the room.

One night, I was going down to the basement to check my laundry when halfway I tripped and fell off the stairs. The weird thing was I felt like I was falling in a slow motion and something was holding my feet, so I fell face first but I only had a small scratch on my right hand and a small cut on my upper lip... I feel like whoever/whatever was holding my feet, it was helping so I won't fall hard.

We gathered in the living room, my mom was hysterical, she wouldn't believe me that I was fine, she wanted me to go to the ER, but I insisted that I was fine and I really was. My 12 year old sister was sitting near the door that leads to the kitchen when all of a sudden she stood up and was all pale, she said there's a lady in the kitchen standing by the refrigerator as if listening to our conversation, we all got up and checked but no one was there.

New Year's Eve, all our family and some close friends came over. We were all having a good time. My 16 year old sister got tired so she went up to the master's bedroom since all the other 4 rooms are filled with people. She fell asleep right away. She woke up because she got cold so she pulled the cover up to her neck when she noticed a little girl standing at the bottom of the bed, staring at her. She thought it was Candy, our cousin's daughter so she asked her to come to the bed with her but the girl wasn't responding. My sister turned the lamp on but the girl just disappeared. She was so scared she ran downstairs. She looked for Candy and my mom told her that they had left about an hour ago.

My 2 brothers worked night shift so when all of us are at work and school during the day, they are home sleeping. Their rooms are on the 1st floor. They would be awoken by footsteps from upstairs when no else was home. They would still check just in case one of us had gotten home early but no one was there. Sometimes our dog would bark unstoppably at something upstairs.

In 2009, we sold the house and moved to bigger one. Our dreams stopped and the dog stopped barking at nothing.

There was 8 of us living at the old house and my adopted brother would often sleepover.

All 7 of us experience or felt something in that house, only my dad and my 14 year old sister didn't get to experience anything.

I apologized if it's a bit confusing

Other hauntings by smartwater

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smartwater, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
it sure is a lot of work: (but I do want to find out what really happened down there, hopefully I can find the time soon to further investigate...
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
That may be something to go on then. Maybe see if there is some records of the flood somewhere that may have listed those that were injured or killed in the flood, and see if there are any records of previous owners and cross reference the names of the two lists.

Sorry if it seems like a lot of work, but my theory is, maybe with the flood, someone saw it as an opportunity to push an elderly person in a wheel chair down to drown, that way they didn't have to worry about having to take care of them anymore?

Just a theory.

Thanks for getting back with the answer.

Peace
JustCurious
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
JustCurious, we asked 2 of our neighbors. The 1st one hasn't been there long so doesn't really know anything, the 2nd one is an old couple and the only thing they could remember is a flood about 30 or so years back, the basement took the most of the damage, but they don't think anyone got hurt.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
I was just thinking. Is there any neighbors that lived there that may have known previous owners or anything that may have happened in that house before you guys moved in?

If so that may shed some light in where to look next.

Peace
JustCurious
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
hello scribbl3r... My family and I really believe that something happened in that stair, that area is the most active in the house.
scribbl3r (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Sounds like maybe the old lady fell down the stairs in her wheelchair and passed away... Or maybe she was pushed? Perhaps she's just trying to attract attention to what really happened down there. The cold spot at the bottom of the stairs has me wondering if this spirit is attached the location where it passed on. Creepy. 😊
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
hello carmi;) I think so too, hopefully I'll find out soon.

Lola
StrawtotheBerry (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
I would say that something had happened by those stairs, since both you and your sister dreamt about them, AND you fell down said stairs. Looks like someone was watching over you though:)

~Carmichah
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
hello madyrina... We were wondering the same thing too, you see our old house was very "active" if you know what I mean but we never got that "negative vibe";)
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Great story. I wonder if the lady standing by the fridge listening to your story just wanted to make sure you were ok?
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
hello JustCurious... We tried contacting the previous owner but to no avail: (I've been wanting to research the history of the house but I just didn't get the chance yet. Thanks for reading my story. God Bless!

Lola
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
That is an interesting read. Did you ever figure out what could have happened in the basement that could have lead to the dreams?

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: