You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Sad Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

A Sad Goodbye

 

This story happened around 1996, few months before I migrated here in NJ.

While waiting for my visa, I decided to go back to school and took a quick computer course, and there I met Leo, (not his real name) he was really nice & friendly and we became the best of friends almost instantly, he was so fond of me, he said I reminded him of his girlfriend who was in another city taking up nursing, they didn't get to spend much time together because of their conflicting schedules, they were only able to see each other once a month. I've realized how much he loved his girlfriend because she is all he could think of and was always our topic of conversation, he shared all his plans for their future with me even his plan of marriage proposal, he planned to do it on her 21st birthday.

Then one day, I woke up really early, I think it was around 4:30am and the very first thing that came to my mind was him. I didn't pay any attention to it and tried to go back to sleep but every time I closed my eyes I would see his face, I was like, this is weird! I was able to go back to sleep but woke up late, around 7:20, my Class was starting at 8am so I hurried up and took a quick shower and while in the shower I was seeing his face again! It started to bother me!

I was on my way to class when I saw him, I thought his face was blurry but I still could see his eyes for some reason... He passed me and kept going down the stairs without saying a word, I asked him where he was going and that we are already late but no reply.

I went to the classroom and it was unusually quite! Everybody was there except for him and the teacher so I went to my seat and waited, when the teacher came, he announced that Leo's was gone: (he was found by his dad hanging from the ceiling, in his room around 6:00AM.

All I could think was, am I dreaming? I just saw him! This couldn't be real!

That night, I went to the wake with some of our classmates, I found out from his sister that he hung himself because his girlfriend left him for another guy and that the girlfriend was seeing the guy for 10 months already before she decided to break it off with him.

I also found out that he actually passed away around 4:30AM, the very same time that I woke up that morning thinking of HIM.

I know it's been more than 10 years but I am still thinking of him, still praying for his soul.

Other hauntings by smartwater

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smartwater, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-22)
That was just sooooo sad 😭 I wonder what the ex-gf felt when she learned that your friend Leo killed himself. And for Leo, he should not have killed himself for a cheating girl. He might meet someone better if he just let it go. I know it's hard letting go of a person you truly love. But ending your own life because of an unworthy person, that's (sorry for the word) insane. That's a lose-lose situation. He just brought his soul to hell. But then, hopefully we all learned from his experience and mistake. Love is patient, kind, does not boast, not proud.
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-30)
A very interesting and sad story 😢...sorry for your loss... Hopefully he is in peace...
MyleneAunzo (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
I guessed your friend leo remembered you before he do the suicide thing.

If I would put my situation on leo I would think that if I'll do this my friend would be sad but the pain of being betrayed was just too much that I had to escape and the reason why you were able to see him, its his way of saying sorry.

I would pray for leo.

God Bless.
TVXQsam (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-01)
That was so sad! 😢 I just hope he's in peace right now and you are moving on. Honestly, you could be the "best" girl for him if only he could sensed it in the 1st place. 😢 Anyway, you can still find someone like him. Look around and you'll be happy again. ^^
silver_surfer (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
sad ghost story... Just pray for him and hope his soul will go to heaven because if a person if committing a suicide, he will not be accepted in heaven but let's just pray for his soul and let's ask god to forgive what he had done of himself
dd2975 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
this is really something... Sad story... My mother had the same experience too... Her friend died the same day she saw him walk pass her in their working place... Continue on praying for his soul... I think he needs it from a friend...
Hongo-Yukina (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
That was so sad yet beautiful. Poor thing that Leo died 😭 😭 😭

I also think that if only he was able to talk to you, the two of you would've been together
TheTornPrince (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
two things made me sad here 1 was the girl leaving the guy and 2 was the way he said goodbye 😐
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Mikeshumacher, no, the girl wasn't allowed to go to the viewing and funeral. IF she felt or seen something I will never know... I left for U.S a few months after...
Mikeshumacher (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Wow this story is sad indeed. Do you have any news about the girlfriend? I'm sure she felt, seen or heard something too...
loveace (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
"sad. 😢
Sana sinabi nlng nia na di nia na gusto ang yong guy, maaga plng pra naman mejo nkpaghanda pa ang boy at di na umasa..."
mRose (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
what a sad story!. 😭
And you're bestfriend was lucky because her stalker didn't even touch the tip of her nails. But on the other hand, her boyfriend was gone... It really made me cry 😭 😭
JeffGhostbuster (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
I think before Leo hanged himself he should have seen you and I think If that happened the 2 of you are meant for each other...

It's one of the most interesting stories I have ever read and sorry for your friend too sad for me 😭 😭

I hope you find the man that IS meant for you...
may the god bless you ❤
filipinagurl (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
that is really sad. This made me cry: (

If that was my bestie I would... Who knows what: (

❤ Tsa
villain_prince (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-20)
so sad... 😢 but he must accept the fact. Or maybe if he is still alive right n0w, I think the 2 of you had the chemistry 😁 more powers...
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
To the last poster, lovedaniel. The best advice I could say is, "Do not try to call the spirit of a loved one from Spirit World." Calling a spirit forward is a painful experience for them, traveling back into our world. If you would really like contact, think about the person before you go to sleep, and you may be able to communicate withouth any pain involved, through your dreams. Just practice at it.
lovedaniel (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I am sorry about your friend. Also I have a question for my fellow readers... How can I contact a loved one safely? 😢
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
iam just after reading your story and how sad it is it was a terrible thing that his girlfriend led him on for 10 months before telling him she was seeing someone else. It was a lovely thing to happen to you that you seen him just before he crossed over you should allways be proud of that and its really nice that you still think of him and pray for him after all those years and iam sure his spirit will allways be with you protecting you everywhere you go. Hope you have lots of luck in the future take care.
Dave... 😊
-SarahS- (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
How could his girlfriend did that to him? She should be grateful with what she have. Hope that she'll not feel guilty about what happened
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
hi jessi... Yeah, I guess I'm lucky enough to see him one last time;) when nobody in the family did, not even in their dream: (which his mom wanted so bad...
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
that is very sad!
In a way, you should be thankful that you got to see him one last time
My Condolences
~Jessi
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
that's what I exactly told him when I went to his wake: ("you should have called me!"

Wow! Intuition, I've never thought of that.
Thanks for your comment jasmin;)
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
That is too bad that he felt that he needed to end his life. HE should have called you. I think that you woke up at that time and thought of him because you have a strong intuition. Having that intuition is a gift so treasure that. I also have very strong intuition. I can feel when something bad is happening to people I love and care about even if I don't get any other hints. My heart is very noble and I can always count on it to lead me in the right direction. ❤ Jasmin
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
thank you Nor_Cal_Girl for reading my story, yes it is indeed sad: (

Summer, it really took me by surprised what he did because he was so bubbly & always happy... In fact I saw him the day before the incident and he was ok, I mean really ok, no signs of sadness. I know he loved her sooo much but I didn't think he would take his life for her: (
SUMMER (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
😢 I'm so sorry for your loss. It's really sad. He must have loved her very much, I wonder why he didn't phone or reached out to the people he loved to help him in his time of need.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
that's so sad! I would think about him a lot if I were you too! It's really sad to hear about people doing that to eachother. Great story, thanks for writing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: