You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Grandpa Says

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Says

 

This story started when I was about 5 years old. Wait, let's backtrack to when I was 4ish. The old house we lived in my most comforting spot was under my parents bed. On scarey nights when I was not allowed to sleep with them I would sneek back in and sleep under their bed. Sounds silly but it's very relevant to the story. Also my favorite game in the whole wide world was that POPOMATIC TROUBLE game. I think we had one at our cottage. We would spend a lot of family time there growing up.

So back to the story. I was about 5 years old and living in a new home a few hours away from the other one. One dream I remember so vividly. I was under my parents bed in my old home because I usually would just go under my own bed in the new place. I was playing popo with my Grandpa. He was asking me things and just having a darling conversation. I cannot remember the conversation but I do remember him specifically telling me that he is going away and everything will be ok. And I didn't understand because he was right there with me and had asked questions. But I had felt at ease with everything.

My Mom woke me up out of my dream. I was playing popple in front of a door mirror. Who knows if this was me, a dream, or my Grandpa. However I can't tell you about any other dreams that I had when I was five (except a reacuring nightmare hehe).

That was around the time my Grandpa passed on. I never pieced it together until my late teens. Its always stuck with me that everything is going to be ok.

Other hauntings by Reallifeexp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reallifeexp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
ok not sure how I missed this but have to say I really liked this one 😁
Nice to have your grandpa let you know and also using your comfort area too
Thanks for adding
Carl
Reallifeexp (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
I am not sure weither it was before or after. Or if my mom woke me from that one. I might have just woken myself up but either way I was infront of the mirror down the hall, playing popple. I remember it like it was yesterday. He was there under the bed with me. Letting me know.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Im assuming that you had this dream before he moved on am I correct? It is nice to know that passed love ones can reassure that everything is fine after they have passed on. Thank you for sharing this story oh and I love that game Trouble. 😊

Dan
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
did this take place before or after your grandpa passed away? Thanks for sharing a great story!

Champion
applemunchkin18 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
😭 that's so sad. But one thing I liked is that you're grandpa left with a promise that everything was going to be okay. Long live!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
Reallifeexp,
How sweet! Your grandpa was letting you know that it would be alright. I like that.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: