You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Spirit that Likes to Scare Me

Real Ghost Stories

A Spirit that Likes to Scare Me

 

This happened while I was younger. Before I moved to Massachusetts and for the record it had nothing to do with the haunting, I do not remember much about the house's history, however I believe there were people in it before us. So it started because I had lots of nightmares back then, these nightmares would range from things perfectly normal in a nightmare such as falling off a bridge in a car, but the thing that was really odd about them was, I could feel and experience the things even though I did not know what it felt like from any experiences. And furthermore, no matter what I tried, I could NEVER tell I was in a nightmare, I simply couldn't think of it I always thought it was real.

One of these nightmares was extremely odd, you'll want to remember this one for later. One of the nightmares I got up for some unknown reason as if possessed, looked out the window, and spotted a orange sky with a very slight purplish tint around the trees that surrounded my circle. And above one particularly tall tree flew four owls, that's all I can remember of the dream before I woke up.

Another nightmare includes one that had a continuing nightmare, the first being a large horrifying abomination that was completely black with eyes that looked like they could have been glowing yellow and infested with worms to make them look blackly bloodshot, and the second the same creature was towering over my bed just starring at me throughout the whole dream, which DID last a while.

Now here's when it gets creepy. No more dreams, one day I was in my driveway, and accidentally snapped a tree branch, as it snapped I heard a deafening ear piercing scream that nobody else appeared to hear, I do not know if it was some weird phenomenon where I heard the tree, or whether a ghost was haunting me.

The second sighting I was in bed, I looked up because I saw something, and a completely black figure crossed the hallway despite the door being open and the hallway light being on. I never saw it again but knew it wasn't a dream because I sat there in the same position paralyzed in fear for the rest of the night, in the morning I wandered out, looked where I thought the thing had walked, and immediately had a nervous breakdown just because I was that scared of what I COULD have seen, though I saw nothing abnormal.

But there was 2 more hauntings, remember the owl nightmare, because here comes a real one. For a long time I thought nothing of the fact that I would occasionally think I see owls out of the corner of my eyes. But I only saw these apparitions through windows or other glass things. And one night the day before christmas, I heard a large thump right outside my window, immediately causing me to hide under my covers screaming. It was a very large thump. But it turned out that a christmas reef had apparently fallen out of the window, but I doubt a fluffy reef could have made a noise that large alone.

And the worst was one day in bed, I felt something hurting my toe. And realized one of my feet looked really big, so I peeked under the covers, and a small owl was sort of nibbling like a friendly dog does on my toe, but in a bit more of a painful way, I immediately screamed in utmost horror and ran like the dickens out of the room to my parents, who I forced to come and see, but there was no sign of anything ever being there except my bed sheets being al upturned. However they still recall me annoying them. And that makes me know it couldn't have been a dream.

Ever since then I have been a bit fascinated with ghosts, even though even reading stories such as on this site leave me terrified no matter what I tell myself, I still like reading them. One night I always believed I saw a large pair of eyes staring at me from the far off woods between two houses, I never looked twice however. I have not experienced any hauntings in my new house.

And back in my old house, after I bought a dream catcher, all my nightmares and dreams altogether randomly stopped, and to this day I still have that same catcher on my window. And I no longer dream.

Other hauntings by Ciel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ciel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
You know? Now that I look back on this story it reminds me of what poor writing skills I had...

Hahaha

First of all I waited several hours to check on the printer. I have since moved twice the previous house haunted and my newest house in slight doubt. (Honestly? This new house, is a very old house. And it was in pretty poor shape when bought... And I live in the basement! I'm kind of surprised I haven't experienced anything decisive yet.)

But anyway, there are other things that are simply off. Whether it be spelling or things that could've been described better.

hyperboy (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-24)
dear ciel
All you have to know even it its a nightmare YOU have total control if you took the dream catcher off one night you would see what I mean but if something attacks you you still have a guardian angel whom will protect you no matter what there are no ghost at my house so I can't test it but nothing can over power you or anyone else so always think of happy nice things when your awake and when your sleeping if you do what I just said you can over power the spirits them selves good luck from hyperboy 😊
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-02)
It looks like the owl might be your Spirit Animal. Each time you have anything happen (dream, experience) with an owl, remember it vividly and try to find the meaning behind it. Spirit Animals tell you things about life and sometimes give warnings. Good luck!
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-29)
no problem. You know in my new house when I go downstairs in the middle of the night I ALWAYS feel like I'm being watched by something that wants to hurt me. But nothing more has ever happened on that note.
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
thanx abby for the advice I hope it works go though periods that will last couple of months of not remembering any dreams but every now and again I will get some dreams (good and bad) oh and sorry to jasmine for getting a lil bit off track
Shadows (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
It sounds to me as if somebody here has a guardian angel. :]
I TOTALLY forgot how to spell "guardian" so let's hope I got it right...
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Pardon Jasmine,

ellycat, the first thing one needs is a strong belief and great intention that the dreamcatcher hanging freely above ones head and near the head of the bed will truly work in the first place. Repeat the first thing one needs is a strong belief, believe with all of your might and with great intention. All 3D material things are but props or tools, the power to protect yourself and stop bad dreams comes from your own soul's spirit and center of who you are.

As Always, Abby
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
oh and the reason I have two in my room is cause I had one then my sister brougt one for me as a present that one is a bit more decortive it has mirrors on it while the other one has beads and feathers one it
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
the last one I had was I was in bed when this guy came into my room he really scared me and he told me to stand and I rufused but somehow he made me stand up he walked over to me and told me to " remember what you have to do " he then told me to wake up and he slapped me on the face that's when I woke up. Where I had been slapped it hurt really bad . It had a red mark that really freaked me out
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
I had never intended to buy the dream catcher to stop my dreams, it was... A trinket at the time, though I could if I wanted to say it does fit my personality.
Furthermore the incident with the scream I cannot remember well, my memory is simply poor though I always seem to have terrible luck in my life. Though I have never really paid it much thought and just figured well that's our world for ya'. But it is true that I am probrably scared of owls, though I have never ever seen any owls since the incidents at my own home, at least outsize of everyday normal stuff like on tv at a Zoo for example.

Oh, since I moved into my house sometimes I have trouble breathing where whenever I try to breath in when it reachs a certain fullness I feel this excruciating pain that just takes the breath right back out, so I sit there gasping in tiny breaths until it stops, I also often feel like I'm being watched in the dead of night, but never during the day, and incase your wondering no I'm not scared of the dark, however I'm scared of silence, though I usually have music playing.
Quatermaine (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
ellycat, why do you have 2 in your room?
Dreamcatchers are supposed to be personal to you, in sayin that personalise it for you.

Using something like clear nylon thread hang something personal 'to you' from it like a brooch or beads.

next make sure it is near where you sleep usually above your bed so that it is within your aura.

Also make sure it is free to hang in its own space, so hanging it on the wall isn't such a good idea usually a ceiling would be better suited. 😊

Can you also elaborate on these bad dreams?
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
your dream catcher worked? I sleep in two rooms cause I have trouble getting to sleep (one is mine the other one is my siblings room which has a spare bed) mine has two and my siblings has one in and it does nothing I still very disturding dreams is there anything you have to do to them to make them work ?
Quatermaine (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
No longer dream or no longer 'remember' your dreams?
You seem to have dreamt a lot about owls... Owls denote wisdom and knowledge.
Maybe that scream you heard when the branch snapped was an owl scream which can denote 'Bad Luck'... Do you remember if bad luck followed shortly after that happened?

And shane is correct there is a state called "Lucid Dream" or "Dreaming True" where you are very conscious that you are dreaming.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Dear Jasmine,

I appreciate you for taking the time to share your story here. I can understand how you could let your fears get away from you, especially after your dreams and waking experiences as related in your story.

Your dreams will return when you lighten up a bit and just let go and relax before falling asleep. Learn to face your fears. As for remembering dreams, keep a pen and notebook next to your bed and write down things you do recall as soon as you awaken.

My belief is that it is up to the individual dreamer to find the meaning within their dream. This comes with work, time, experience and patience. It also comes with trusting oneself and one's own gut instincts or intuition.

Peaceful Dreams, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Dreams can be very prophetic if you know what you are looking for. I know the meaning of owls in dreams yet because I believe you to be of a young age yet and to keep the fear factor down I will not reveal it. You can also learn to control your dreams and be able to do extrodinary things in them. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: