You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Lady Who Scared My Aunt

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady Who Scared My Aunt

 

This was a time I was living in Kent and my parents hadn't split up yet. I was 5 or 6 and Bella 3 or 4. My half brother was about 8 or so and my cousins were there, between Belles age and my age and there are three of them. My parents were out of the house and had my great grandmother watching us until my aunt came over with her kids. I really didn't know why they came over, but as soon as they did, my aunt jumped into the shower. I never understood why.

Well being kids, we played tag in the apartment and hide and seek. The game went one for maybe a little more than 5 minutes until my aunt screamed and ran out of the bathroom in a towel and her legs bleeding. We just stared at her, until Bella and my older cousin went to the doorway at the end of the hall to look into the bathroom and ran back to my aunt scared, crying.

I didn't have to look into the bathroom to see who or what scared them. There was a lady at the end of the hall, who looked sad and scared. I admit, she was scary, but when she looked down, she had a baby in her arms and she was severely bleeding and was wet. I stared at her as she walked back into the bathroom.

I kept seeing her in the bathroom when I was alone. She never did anything to me, but she did scare me a lot. My mom said, while living there, I would sleep walk, but when we moved or spent the night somewhere else, I wouldn't sleep walk at all. I never forgot about that apartment or those apartments. I remembered where things were and how they were and how I acted.

Now, I don't live there, but my best friend does. We dropped her off at home and I noticed the flags outside were blowing in the wind and realized there wasn't any wind before. I told my mom that and all she said was, "I know these apartments really well." She didn't even look at me when she said that.

Then when we asked what she was talking about, she told us the story about a house just down the street that she lived in when she was my age (17). She said that a woman was haunting the upstairs bathroom, holding a baby and wanted to scare her and her other 6 sisters. She told me how the lady died and explained what the previous owners had told them. Apparently, the woman was cheated on and abused by her husband, that she killed her baby and drowned herself.

It was the scariest thing in my entire life and now I'm afraid of taking baths or ever having a bath tub. She apparently followed my mom to her new apartment, in those apartments. And no where else. I will never forget that place, as much as I want to, the memory sticks and the whole family tries not to talk about it.

Other hauntings by Mercury93

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mercury93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Deerfoot (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
How horrible. That poor baby.: (If the woman really did kill her child, I have no sympathy for her. Anyway, that's a super creepy account. Thanks for sharing.
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
Moongrim, my aunt was pretty much alright. She just cut herself with a razor, jumping out of the tub.

DragonStorm, I will not go back to those apartments. The time I dropped off my bestfriend there was the last time I ever went there. And knowing my mother's old house was just right down the street, made me feel like the lady was watching me for some reason. Nothing really comes up when I research it either.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
I agree that maybe you guys should look up the actual history of the place, and see if there are any different details to what your mother has been told.

I wonder if you could go to your friends place with a voice recorder and see if you can try and talk to her and possibly find some answers?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
What a loser of a lady, to kill herself and her kid because her husband was cheating on her. With a drama queen like that for a wife, it's no wonder he went wandering...

Though this does sound just a little bit to familiar...

White Lady legends are found around the world. Common to many of them is the theme of losing or being betrayed by a husband or fianc
mhalditah (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
I agree with Zeta. I think the lady doesn't mean no harm, I think she wants to communicate with you and seeking for help to find the light. Spirits cannot see the light because they still have unfinished business that they want to fulfill first.

Thanks for sharing and goodluck!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
This must be a horrifying and frightening sight to behold however; I don't think that the lady is trying to harm anyone or haunt anyone.

Just a suggestion for your family. If you see this woman again, talk to her. Ask her what she wants from you or if there is anything that she wants you to know. You might find that the woman is trying to tell you something. Something that exonerates herself from this heinous crime. I mean, are you sure that she killed her baby and herself? Maybe the abusive boyfriend killed them both and nobody investigated. I would have your parents do some research into this. You might be able to put this to rest.

Good luck, zeta.
PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
That must have been scary and can I just say, poor lady. She must have been so upset about her husband cheating on her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: