You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Party Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Party Ghost

 

It was about 1:30 am on a Saturday, I had a bunch of my friends over for a sleep over, we stayed up all night long and we were camping out in my backyard. I said "Hey guys I have to use the bathroom, I will be right back". I walked into my house and went up to the 2nd floor. Then I heard footsteps walking up the stairs. I thought it was my friends trying to pull a prank on me, so I ran into my room and put on a mask. I could still hear the footsteps, I went to the top of the stairs and jumped and screamed to scare my friends. Nobody was there. I heard the footsteps again, but this time, they were coming from upstairs, then it hit me it was probably my parents.

So I went upstairs to see what they were doing, when I got up there, again nobody was there so I went into my parents room, but they were sleeping. I ran out onto my balcony to see if my friends were still in the back yard. They were all still there. I didn't know what to do, then I thought that maybe it was a robber, so I ran into my parents room and woke them up, my mom ran into her closet and got her gun, my dad checked all the doors and said that they were all locked. They said that I was just tired and I was hearing things, I said that they were probably right.

So I went back into my yard and we partied. At about 5:00 am, I got out of my tent to stretch and everybody else was sleeping. I went out and sat in a chair. I looked up at my house and saw a dark figure looking at me through one of the windows. I stood up to get a closer look, but right when I stood up, it vanished. I told my friends but they didn't believe me.

The next time I had a party, the same thing happened, but this time my parents saw it, they called over a psychic, she said that it was the spirit of the owner in the 1700's, she said that he fell off one of the balconies at my house during one of his partys. She also said that he was angry because we were having partys in his house.

A few years later, when I was about 15, the same thing happened but this time it was bad, my friend went to use the bathroom. I was having a high school party. When he entered the bathroom, the door shut behind him and locked. By the time we opened the door, he had a scratch on is face and said someone or something attacked him, we quickly moved from the house after that.

We had a church right next to my house, the church service bought the house and used it for the priest. The priest did an exorcism and there was no more reports of a ghost, but the thought of that ghost, I would never forget.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pdelaney, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pdelaney (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
well since this happened me and my friends put like a ghost hunting team together and study ghosts now we did look ud the history of my house and realized that the owners before us 3 of them had the same kind of thing happen they did don't want to talk about it until it happened to me
Levithan_Cresce (5 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
bah there are more simple techniques to sen earthbound ghosts to the otherside, an exorcismen are rough on the ghosts, instead of just sending em away gently an exorcism "beats" them up pretty bad just to kind of throw them into the light to the otherside, its a painfull crossover for the ghosts, atleast the pain ends when they come to the other side but it still isn't a very polite way to send someone to where they belong
Stephen (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
Its lucky that the ghost didn't hurt your friend that much or your other friends and you
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-02)
Dear pdelaney,

Your story seems to imply a physically materialistic, attached ghost and earthbound human who died and had not crossed over. How fortunate for the previous owner ghost to have the church purchase the house and help release his earthbound soul per the priest. Thanks for your story.--Abby
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-30)
wow that's very crazy
I hear foot steps in my house a lot 😲
it can be pretty freaky when you are there alone

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: