You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman Who Called My Name

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman Who Called My Name

 

This is the first story I've ever written on here so, I'm very rusty! Anyway, I'll crack on. Now, this is a story that happened to me when I was 11 or 12. The house that I live in is approximately 120 years old, so ghosts or spirits are about. I say this, only because of my experiences.

I had finished school earlier that day, when I got home I had a game of Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64! What a game! Anyway, when I come off it I decided to put my Walkman on and was listening to some of my favourite music. I had listened to this song many of times and this was a usual routine. Play my games then listen to music.

This day, I was walking from my bedroom into my mums room, to see if I could find my mum. I had a feeling my mum or dad was in their room. I didn't hear them or see them but I just had a feeling someone was in their room. As I walked in, I didn't see anyone but, I started to feel something on my face. It felt like I had walked into a spiders web. As I wiped my face I heard someone say, "Matty Help me". I jumped because this voice was right next to my ear but, I Had a feeling that the voice originated outside.

I then walked to the bedroom window and looked out to see anyone, no one was about. Then, I heard "Matty help me" again, and the same thing happened, it was right in my ear. I froze and realised what had happened. Originally, I thought it had come outside, even though the voice was very close to my ear, I just had an incline that it had come from outside.

When the voice repeated itself for the second time, I knew that this voice wasn't from someone of this realm! I immediately ran downstairs to find my mum, I asked her if she has been calling me. She said no, she was cooking my tea. When I explained to her about has happened, my mum didn't know what to say apart from, "STOP PLAYING THOSE BLOODY VIDEO GAMES!".

My mum has had some spiritual experiences in the past so I was surprised that my mum said that to me. I guess she was trying to help me by not scaring me. I hope you enjoyed my story and I'll be posting more in the future.

Other hauntings by MattyDude2009

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MattyDude2009, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MattyDude2009 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
Thank you for your comments:) I've just posted another story about an Expeirence, hopefully you'll like it.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
I agree with the others in that your mother was probably trying to lighten the mood and trying not to scare you. Did you ever tell your dad and what did he say about it? Also, did you ever hear that voice again and did you try to communicate with it?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
MattyDude2009: I have heard of the spider web feeling before but can't offer you an explanation for it, hmmm ectoplasm? Maybe!
I think your mum may have had some experiences and from what you told her, she has made light of the situation as to not frighten you perhaps. Could this be correct? What does the the house/land history contain?
Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Hi Matty - all that I can offer is that you have a possible haunting. The spirit seems to know you; have you had anyone in your family pass recently? I'm not sure why they would come to you and ask for assistance... But please keep us updated if anything else happens. You mentioned that your house is very old, so that certainly helps the possibility.
And I must say, of all the Nintendo 64 games I've played, Goldeneye is my favorite!
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Very interesting, If were to hear it again do you think you mite ask how can I help you? Or even what is the matter. There is a reason it came to you maybe because it somehow knew you are sensitive to its presence. Did you ever research the history of your home? Maybe the spirit does not know how to get to the light and this is the reason it is asking for help. I guess I gave you more questions to think about perhaps you should look into this further. Wishing you the best!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
HI Matty,

Its probably because your mother was thinking that the experience would be scary and hence could have told you like that. But, I had my experiences. Well, there are paranormal experiences that are really worthy and some are more scary. But I liked the story and I don't think it is from anything outside since the voice was just next to your ear. Keep writing your experiences. It is good to share.
HauntedTomboy (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Hehe my mom used to tell me that all the time when I kept hearing someone call my name, it helped a bit but I was still scared. 😉
Watchful (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Your way of telling this story may have made it sound a little more humorous than it actually was, but I laughed when I read this. Especially your mum's response. Lol.

I'm sure it was frightening at the time, though. Lol.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: