You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Dad's Workpace

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad's Workpace

 

This story was told to my brother and I many years ago and I have just decided to post it.

My Dad is a mechanic but not the stereotypical one you would imagine. He works 24hours all the time and is a profesional where his work is his passion. I will not give the location of his work or any similar details but he works with fixing popular branded trucks, etc.

His work's workshop is in the bowl of chalk cliffs and there is a slope going down to it. My dad once described to my brother and I that this place is haunted. He said it was buried on Viking/Saxon burial ground and many strange sightings had happened.

For instance, a long while ago there was a car accident nearby and a man had hobbled seriously injured to the workshop before collapsing on the ground, dead. My dad said that many years later a newbie had the job of watching the CCTV for the night. It showed the slope that allowed someone into the workshop area. The man said he saw a man outside of the window (not on the CCTV) hobbling covered in blood with ripped clothes. Human instincts, he ran out to help the man but when he got out, no one was there. Confused, he checked the camera recording. If this man was real, it would have showed it but it only showed nothing but the newbie running outside after nothing. My brother and I were not surprised when my dad told us that the newbie never did return to work there.

Another indent my dad told us was set in the winter. This winter the snow was very deep and being in the bowl, it was so deep the workers couldn't open the door to go home. So they were forced to sleep on the cold floor of the workshop. Many strange sights and sounds happened that night as the workshop is always empty at night. The lights kept flashing on and off and a racket was heard like there were a herd of elephants around when there were only about 3-5 workers in the exact same place all together.

My dad has also experienced weird orbs and lights around the workplace especially on his own.

So, what do you think?

Other hauntings by unknown_madness

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unknown_madness, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
thanks Javelina!
Your Aunt's saying is rather strange. Not all homes here in the UK are haunted. In actual fact, there are only a few that are. So don't believe your Aunt's saying though no disrespect!
Thanks for reading! 😊 ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
unknown_madness,
I liked reading about these experiences your dad had, my mom had a quite a few herself. It is sort of funny about the guy who quit out of fright though. I keep picturing him freaking out and wondering if the zombies were out to get him. 😆
I have an Aunt from England. She has a saying that goes something like this:
"If you live in England, and your home is NOT haunted, there must be something wrong about you." 😆 (I though it was funny)

Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed the way you told it as well.

Jav 😊
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
my dad is a beleiver yes. But he doesn't work at the workshop all the time. He gets called out to fix vehicles like lorries, trucks etc almost all over England. But when he is at the workshop to hand in important files or whatever he said that's when he had these experiences.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
I think I can't believe your dad works there alone at night, which I presume he does since you say he works 24 hours. He must be brave. Is he a skeptic or believer after all these experiences?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: