You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shuffles In The Kitchen - Haunted Coin Tray, Kitchen Ghost Returned

Real Ghost Stories

The Shuffles In The Kitchen - Haunted Coin Tray, Kitchen Ghost Returned

 

This is like the third story to - The shuffles in the kitchen. If you have read shuffles in the kitchen and Home alone- the shuffles return this will be more relevant. If you haven't read them please do.

As you know, there has been some paranormal activity around my kitchen. We haven't started the new kitchen; however some creepy things have started up again. The ghost in our kitchen is not liking other arrangements in our house. My bedroom is being repainted and our living room is being reorganised. In the kitchen is a The Simpsons coin tray where whenever someone places a coin down into it, it plays a random phrase. For the past few days, this toy has been going off and saying these phrases even if no one has touched it or is even in the kitchen.

There was one day in which my parents and I were in the kitchen. My dad had just arrived from work and we were talking about nothing in particular when the toy spoke a phrase. We laughed about it but the machine kept talking and we all stood there, no one even close to it, and the tray was empty simply listening to it.

Another time was when I had arrived from school and I was just pouring myself a drink which is completely on the other side of the kitchen when it started to talk again. I was kind of spooked.

This toy has been setting itself off for a few days now and it's getting creepy, considering the couple of changes that are happening around our home.

Let me say that this tray is actually pretty hard to activate. Sometimes you need to slam it to make it activate the phrase. It obviously is only supposed to go off when a metal coin hits it in a certain place but it has been going off without any touch whatsoever on its own randomly.

I'm worried. Please any suggestions?

Other hauntings by unknown_madness

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unknown_madness, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
I wouldn't rule the battery theory out just yet because some old toys can still play up even with new batteries and the fact you have to normally use force for it to work also got me thinking any wiring or the sensitive area could be playing up.

How old is this money box?

Sorry I like to think of all things that could cause this, even though I do believe you have something in your kitchen as I too have lived in many tiled floor houses and can understand how anyone can be heard when shuffling across them 😁
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
[at] taz890 ank you very much for your understanding. The wooden carpet thingies you described are very close to what we have so yes it is that.

Also we havn't thought about removing the toy. It hasn't got too serious just very annoying and even though my whole family are beleivers they would just believe removing it would be silly.
Thank you so much for reading
I love you all!xxxx
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Dear unknown madness, why not just get rid of the toy? At the very least put it away where no one can see or hear it? Just a thought... 😉
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
UNKNOWN_MADNESS so that is the battery idea debunked,
Have just read your other posts on here and now do think that something is possibly in your home, an old owner possibly one who has decided to show there pressence to you and your family.
Personaly I would say it sounds like the spirit is starting up due to the kitchen being done out but also it does not sound like anything to worry about
Taz
P.s the strips of wood you mention in an earler post in the door way could be old carpet gripper rods, unlike the metal ones most have now I do recall my grans house had wooden ones in her doorways that were left down when the carpets were removed as they were hard to remove and they too squeeked if stood on, just a thought.
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
thanks for the comments guys! 😊 thank you paranormal123 for letting me know. True friend! 😁 I have checked with my parents about the batteries and my dad had actually renewed the batteries days before the activity so it is definatly not the batteries failing. I think our kitchen gost HAS returned. Thanks for reading!
paranorma123 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
A similar thing has happened to my sister but with the T.V turning on and off just after her and her partner had finished re-decorating the living room. I was just letting you know you are not on your own 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
unknown_madness interesting post, have to say though did think exactly the same as shellzy.
Check the batterys, if that does not stop it playing then some thing could be happening.
All the best
Taz
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Hi unknown madness

Im just wondering if this toy runs off batteries? Sometimes if a toy is on it's "last legs" so to speak it can emit random sounds and noises as the batteries are running out. If it does have batteries I would suggest changing them with new batteries and then seeing if this toy is still randomly going off. At least you can then rule out if this is the cause 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: