You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Rocking Chair

Real Ghost Stories

Rocking Chair

 

I was maybe 7-10 years old, when around christmas I had spent the night at my aunt Lori's house to be with my cousins. I was sleeping on one couch and my cousin Emily on another. My aunt lori's rocking chair was at the head of the couch I was sleeping on (my cousin was across the living room).

I had fallen asleep and awoke to the sound of the chair clunking (it made very loud noises when it was rocked in). I turned my head around to see who was rocking in the chair, no one was there. I got off the couch and touched the part where your butt would be, it was cold and I was so scared. I then said to who ever was rocking in the chair "please stop you are scaring me..." it wouldn't stop. I went to go wake up my aunt lori, she had came out of the room and the chair stopped, she said "nothings wrong Rachel, go back to bed..." As soon as her door had closed, the chair began to rock again, at this point I was scared, I thought that if it was a nice ghost or my Grandma Helen, they would have stopped.

I woke my cousin Emily up to go in the next room, she didn't even seem to notice the chair was even rocking. When we get into her room and close the door, the chair began to rock harder and harder... almost violent rocking.

I don't know how I went to sleep that night. I think that's the most scared I've ever been my entire life. I'm now 16 and it bothers me to this day, I've always wanted to find out who was rocking in that chair that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RchlsSweet07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Amiie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
I've had a similar experience, but I dint have a rocking chair in the first place, and there was an old man sitting in it.
but tbh, it could of been your imagination, has it happened since? ❤
RchlsSweet07 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
more things than this happened around the house yes lights t.v's would go on and off you could hear footsteps food falling out of the panrty all kinds of things
Brian07891 (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Did you ever ask your aunt Lori if she ever experienced anything weird happening in her house... Or was this the only thing? Cause if nothing else happened mabey it was just something passing through and it caught your attention...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: