You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Flowers From My Grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

Flowers From My Grandmother

 

My grandmother or "Memow" whom I was very close to passed in July 2010. She fought a long, hard 10-year battle with breast cancer. She was 86 years-old when she fell in her bedroom and broke her hip. Her bones had been weakened by chemo. She was very upset that she had to spend her final two months in a nursing home but none of us were qualified or able to give her the constant care that she needed and we all had jobs. We each took turns taking vigil in her room before she died and she was surrounded with love.

My grandmother was my inspiration and role model. She babysat me when I was young and she taught me how to read and write at age 3. We were extremely close and I told her everything. My mother even wondered at how close I was with my memow. She, herself and Memow had not been nearly as close.

After Memow passed and the funeral was held there was a very warm feeling in her house. Miraculously flowers everywhere inside and outside of her house started exploding in blooms. Even flowers that were not due to bloom started blooming as did flowers that had not bloomed for years. To this day, many flowers are in bloom around the house every summer--many more flowers than there were previous to Memow's death. I cannot describe how comforting it is. My mother's late friend, Jackie Torrence who is a well-known storyteller told Mom that loved ones will come back to us as birds, flowers, dragonflies, etc.

I was going through a very hard time in my life when my memow passed and it was so good to know that she was OK. I believe that she looks out for the family and my grandfather who is a ripe 92 years-old and still going strong. My mother set up an email account for my grandmother and we write emails to her. I feel that she receives them. It is comforting, nonetheless. Has anyone experienced similar? Thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by SirenBelva

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SirenBelva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

speeding30 (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
I remember a story like this, when my aunt passed away my cousin was devastated because was her grandmother and her confident, after the funeral my cousin was sit at her balcony and a bird came from nowhere and started singing close to her, I think that was my aunt letting her now that she was ok. 😁
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Thank you, everyone for reading. I'm glad that others have had similar experiences. And thanks [at] Miracles51031 for the link! I liked it very much.
PeachyPumpkins000 (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
❤ That was a very sweet story. ❤ Thank you for sharing! You were certainly right when you said it was comforting to know that your granmother was ok. The flowers blooming around her house were definetly a sign that she was happy. 😊 I've had an experience that was similar to this. Isn't it fascinating how nature can communicate with us?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
SirenBelva - I also have heard that our loved ones can come back as birds, flowers, etc and what a beautiful tribute you pay to your Memow. I do believe she gets your emails.

There's a story on here you might like. Although it's not about flowers, it's the same premise and it's a beautiful story: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5818.
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing. I believe that loved ones, or at least, some part of our loved ones stay behind after their souls have passed into the next life.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Flower blossoming wow nice way to communicate through flowers...
DannX68 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Sweet story.
I have nothing like that, but a flower-story nonetheless. My grandma died back in 2002 and her boyfriend (seems silly to say boyfriend, I know, but they never got married and he wasn't my granddad) gav my mom a plant for her garden. For a while it seemed to be dying, but 8 months after his death, exactly on his birthday, three flowers blossomed on it.
So yes, those who leave us can manifest a "hello" in any way 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: