You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: I Knew Before Anyone Else Found Out

Real Ghost Stories

I Knew Before Anyone Else Found Out

 

I have been thinking of things that have happened in my life that I could not explain, until now. Some of these things I have mentioned in posts, just feel I should document them as a proper submission.

When I was 15 I had an experience that I found very strange. I woke up one morning in October, this was in 1999, and I could not stop thinking about a specific boy. This is not the type of experience where, ooh she's a teen, she must have a crush on him. I knew him through my cousin, and the few times I saw him, he hardly ever acknowledged me, so there really was not any love lost between us. I could not understand why this boy was in my thoughts, constantly, for an entire day. That night I got news that I had strangely expected. That same boy had shot himself and was brain dead.

Fast forward to 18 November of 1999. This date I will never forget because it was my cousin's birthday. She and I had been sitting in our favourite "hang out", her mom's Toyota Corolla, and we were, as usual, listening to Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody was playing. She got a little pensive and told me that Carl (the boy who shot himself) appeared in her dreams, and he kept telling her he was going to come and get her. She did not seem afraid. She stated it as undisputable fact. He was going to come and get her.

On the 13th of December I had rode my bicycle to my cousin's house to get a CD that she had borrowed. I was in a hurry because I had not told my mom I was leaving and I did not want to get in trouble. When I got to their house, it must have been after 10 that morning, she was skipping around the house, in such a happy mood. She grabbed me and gave me the tightest hug, and then disappeared down the passage (I was thinking she probably went to go and get dressed, because she was still in her nighties by then) and I grabbed the CD and left. I did not say goodbye. On the morning of 15 December my mom took my sister and I to work with her. It was school holidays after all. I had woken up that morning and the first thing that popped into my head was my cousin. She honestly dominated my thoughts the entire day. By lunch time we were headed for a mall close to my mom's work, when she received a phone call. I remember watching my mom. Her hand started shaking and she said repeatedly "you can't be telling me this, this can't be true". I knew, down to my soul, I knew what she was going to tell us. My cousin had died in her sleep.

Her funeral was on Monday 22 December 1999, I had insisted on going to the undertakers and saying goodbye to her. I felt so guilty for not saying goodbye when I went to go and get the CD. When we walked into the room where her casket was, I was hit by the smell of the flowers placed on top, and when I saw her lying in there, I broke down. My mom squeezed my hand and told me I had to say goodbye, and I just couldn't. At the funeral service I remember thinking "just knock, wake up and knock on the coffin so we can open it and we will all be happy". But she never knocked. In the past 13 years, every so often, I catch the smell of those flowers. It envelops me for a few seconds and then disappears completely.

Last year, my gran (dad's mom) lost her fight with cancer. The morning of 17 May 2011, I was standing bent over the basin in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, when I heard my gran say my name. Clear as a bell as if she was standing in the doorway right behind me. She was over 500kms away from me at that point. I looked around and there was no one there, and I knew I just had to wait; I would be getting a call soon. At exactly 1:40PM that afternoon, I got a call from my mom. Gran was gone.

This is a part of this gift that saddens me. Being at my gran's funeral and, as the undertakers drove away with her after the service (she was cremated) having my little sister collapse in my arms, it was heartbreaking. Except for the boy, who I do not know why I even had the connection with him after his death, the two women were exceptionally loved in our family. They enriched lives, they lit up rooms with their smiles and laughter, they were special. And I loved them dearly.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
I'm very skeptical of psychic things. I often write it off as intuition or retrospect (hindsight warps what we think happened), but your stories are not elaborate or out of this world with weird experiences. They are very simple, well written and thoughtful. While I will probably always be skeptical of it, I thank you for writing this story. You seem very genuine.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Hi Loganz-sis; Bluerose19
If you read my story "she didn't want us to sleep", its about the same cousin. I loved her so much. Apart from my little sister, she was my best friend in the whole world. And my gran, she was one of a set of Identical twins (I was a mirror image of them when I was a girl) and she had formed the most amazing bond with my twins, being ouma-grootjie (great grandma) to twin boys. She would ask my mom to call her just so she could talk to the boys, she loved them very much. They still frequently ask about her. And she was an exceptional woman. I am very lucky to have a few wonderful women in my life to model myself after, each with strength that surpasses most men I know (not including my dad, who is an immensely good person too, like mother, like son).
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Trident...One of the most touching stories here.

It is a very sad story, thank you for sharing. Most things in life happen for a reason... I believe that.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Oh My God! I really feel very sorry for your loss my dear, especially your cousin. When I read your story with the dates, I really felt as if I went on a trance cause personally speaking, 1999 has been the best and the most amazing year of 27 years of my life until now. And specially October and November, I swear! Some of the dates were so so special for me I remember them even now!

Take care dear! May your cousin and your gran, both are at peace now.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Fergie
Hi there. You know, she had this funny way of just going quiet and then saying, something's coming, something big is going to happen. She had this feeling right before there was a massive fight in the family. She was only 17 when she died, she had such dreams and goals and it was cut short. That's what makes me look at my boys and want to give them as rich and full a life as I possibly can.
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Sorry for your losses. It is a gift to be able to prepare yourself for what is going to happen. Before my Grandpa died I went to see him. He was in a hospice. He had Leukemia. It was my first and last time. But something was telling me I had to go see him. He died a few days later. Another time I went to see my Great Grandma she had lung cancer and Emphasema. (sp?) She was on a machine. She was in an induced coma. A few days later my Aunt came to "pull the plug". I too get the brief smell of Lilys after my Great Grandpa's passing. He had a lot of Lilys at his funeral.
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Triden, thank you for your answer. It's more clear to me now.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Triden: I feel your pain, as you wrote this. You feel that 'death' has 'cheated' you out of wonderful relationships? I understand; I empathize!

IMO, I think that the link to this boy, was through your cousin. She had the dream... The premonition... That she would pass on soon. Maybe, in a round-a-bout way, she was trying to tell you that? 😕

I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

I too am sorry for your losses.
Thank you for sharing
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Hi Isolde
She was an epileptic, and had very much hated living a life where she was forced to take medication every single day to keep her brain from going wonky. She cried on my shoulder so many times about this.
She was completely calm, I don't think she ever saw what he said to her as threatening, she seemed totally at peace with it. What scared me at that time was the fact that she stated it so bluntly that there was no arguing it, she knew it was going to happen.
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Triden, I'm sorry for the losses you suffered.
I do have a question. When the boy told your cousin he was coming for her, was it in a bad way (like a threat of murder basically) or in a good way (knowing that she suffered from a disease of some sort). She seemed so calm in your story, but it did get me wondering.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: