You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Spirits Playing With My Grandson?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Playing With My Grandson?

 

It all started a couple of months ago. I was awoken by the sound of my grandsons' music box playing rather loudly. Of course, being the light sleeper in my old age, I sprang to my feet and rushed to his room. He was fast asleep and no where near his music box. I thought it was odd since he was at one end of his crib and the box was at the other end. I just let it go and didn't think anything of it. It has happened four times. The past two times that this event has happened, it has woke him up screaming and crying. Since we live in his great great grandparents house, I'm thinking that perhaps they are talking to him, or playing with him or something.

However this past weekend the event was different. While I went outside to smoke, I noticed the smoke stayed in one place for 30 seconds or so. It kind of freaked me out, since the location was just outside my grandson's window. I asked if my brother Sid was there. My brother passed away four months ago. The next thing I knew I felt a freezing cold spot shoot through my shoulder. I stood there, trying to rationalize what it could have been. I blew more smoke out but whatever was there was now gone.

After pulling myself together, I went inside and continued my usual routine. I did not say anything to my boyfriend or my daughter as I just didn't want to sound crazy. A few minutes later, the grandson wakes up screaming and crying, totally freaking out. The weird thing was that he actually was still asleep and not awake. I have had other occasions with ghost happenings, but this one has me shaking in my bones. I don't know if the occurrences are connected or just my imagination. I don't know if they are good spirits or bad spirits. I'm just going to wait for the next one and see what happens.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, happygrammy3612, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Hi HappyGrammy

It would seem tnat everyone that has replied on your post are more fixated on your age than at the real problem at hand... And you do state a few times that you are freaked out.

My advice would be to do the usual backround check of the property, of the house and see what you come up with... I know its his great grandparents house, but maybe things have happened there that you didn't know about... So maybe worth a shot...

Another option would be to maybe go see a medium and see if there is a spirit attached to you or Grandson...
Like you mentioned, your brother passed away 4 months ago... For me, I get the feel that it is him... Especially because of the smoking/cold shoulder incident.

Hope this helps in any way!
Please keep us posted!
Rozo
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
I made the same mistake too Sceptic-Ari, don't worry! I think it is just a cultural difference, as I know there are young grandparents in England, but I would consider "young grandparent" to be about 60, like my parents ha ha ha
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
Dear Miracles51031,
Thanks for the heads up 😉

Funny that I thought it was a typo by an old lady (no offence happygrammy3612) with bad eyes 😳

And yeah... Our cultural differences are so culturally different... If you know what I mean ❤

Thanks
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
Dear happygrammy3612,
I will start by congratulating you on becoming a granma early in life. As Miracles51031 rightly said, most people here in good old India become grandparents only when they have either started greying or are not able to play a game of "catch" with their grandchildren. Your grandchildren are lucky that they got such a young granny 😁
Sorry for the misunderstanding though... Meant no harm❤

Regards
happygrammy3612 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
Yes I saw that about the young adult. I assure you that I did put the right age. My daughter did make me a grammy at a young age. I am 36 will be 37 in a few short months.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
god bless you happygrammy,
Have faith in the lord
Place your problems upon him
Peace to all
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Sceptic-Ari - I had to chuckle at your comment because our cultural differences sometimes are so... Different 😆 Now, I hope you know me well enough by now to know I'm not making fun of you or trying to be mean, okay? Just pointing out something here. The o/p is from the United States and it is not uncommon, actually it is very common, for grandparents to be young adults.

I personally know of a couple who were in their very early 30s and had their first grandchild. They aren't the only couple I know who were young grandparents.

Happygrammy - sorry for intruding 😊
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Dear happygrammy3612,
I am in no way experienced or equipped enough to give you any advise. I will leave that to my more esteemed experienced friends. But I will thank you for sharing your story.

One more thing; you need to recheck what age you have put up in your account as it shows here that you are a young adult.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: