You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Weekend Was Paranormal

Real Ghost Stories

My Weekend Was Paranormal

 

This past Saturday I helped my friend with moving. But it wasn't just any ordinary move... It was more like helping her flee from her own house! She'd been telling me for the last month about how it was haunted. She woke up with feelings of horrible dread and would watch a shadow move around the room. It was a tall shadow kind of figure that liked to stand in the corner, and then kind glide around the room. She felt the horrible vibes and knew that it wanted her out of there. It got so bad that she wasn't sleeping, because of feeling so horrible, so she had to leave quick. She's sensitive to these kind of things, she's psychic, so she really experienced it heavily. After all she told me, I wasn't comfortable going in there at all! But I had to go, because it wouldn't have been very nice of me to leave her all alone to carry those heavy boxes down the steps. So to the haunted house I went!

When you first see it, it looks like a nice Western kind of house (we live in Albuquerque, NM). A two story adobe style house with cacti in the yard and pretty gate in front. Not the kind of place you'd expect to make you feel sad but when I drove up to it I did feel sad. It was that strange feeling that's hard to describe. The kind of feeling you get when the dark energy is just surrounding a place, no matter how good it looks on the surface. Another friend was helping us, who is an ordained spiritual leader in a Native American tribe. (he wasn't able to bless the house because her roommates owned it, and they objected) He's more in tune and sensitive than me, so I think he felt what I was feeling times a hundred. He said, "When I walked up to this house I felt like I was going to pass out. The negative energy just hit me really hard." I was like whoa... Ok it's not just me. But I tried to ignore it and go get it over with.

She lived with two roommates, they got the downstairs and she got the loft area upstairs. Whatever this entity was, it seemed to really want that loft area for itself and that was the main place where the activity happened. Thankfully, as I was packing her things up, it didn't bother me. But later, as we were almost done, my mom went back in to get one last thing. By that time the rest of us were outside and it was pretty quiet and empty up there. When mom came back she said, "I was fine but when I got to the top of the steps it smelled like death, all of the sudden." I said, "Really? It didn't smell when I was up there five minutes ago." My mom said, "Yea I know... It came out of nowhere. It's not an ordinary smell. It seems to linger only at the top of the steps and it's like you walk right into it." We were left thinking that the entity was enjoying that spot on the stairs, now that we were leaving, and her senses picked it up as a vile smell.

Thankfully by that time we were done and we went to my friends new apartment. So far that one seems peaceful and she can finally sleep now. But I'll never forget her former house... It was so strange. It just left me thinking... What the hell was that? Was it a ghost? Some non human entity? I don't understand what it was or why it was so set on stealing her space. All I know is that it was real!

Other hauntings by Andrea22

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Andrea22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
Hi Andrea22, it is a good thing that your friend moved out of the house sooner than later. Well, you stated that the inmates, who shared the house did not allow her to do cleansing. But why, probably that might be one of the reasons why Whitewolf arrived at his conclusion Rook. Still Andrea22, please try to find a way out to do some research on the house, what is going on there, the background of the land or house or about its inmates, that could throw more light. I am worried about the kid, who you say behaves like being possessed and the mother does not care. God bless the child. Keep us posted of any further information.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
rookdygin,

Nope it was my mother Redwolf who had surgery last Thursday and the surgery went well and she is doing fine.

My statement was just feeling that I had after reading Andrea22 responses about the owners of the house. I could be wrong because the spirit might be causing the owners to act the way that they do.

Thank you again rookdygin for asking about my mother she says thanks for caring.

Whitewolf,
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
WhiteWolf,

Sorry got my 'wolf's' confused... It was not you who had surgery... Though I still hope all went well with it.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
WhiteWolf,

I mean no disrespect...Wait...I take it the the surgery went well?

Anyway, I mean no disrespect but how do you get to this observation...

"The way that you describe how your friends former room mates acted it seems like they have either dabbled or have practiced in dark magic."

Perhaps they were strong skeptics, or maybe very Christian in their beliefs, either would explain their not wanting a Native American Shaman to preform a cleansing in the Home. Yes, I agree, there is a chance that what you stated could be true, but with the information given I'm not so sure? Again I mean no offence, I'm just curious. Thanks.

Respectfully,

Rook
Qua (39 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
There's something fishy going on. I'm glad your friend has moved to somewhere safer!
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
Yea I do wonder if the owner of the house had practiced some dark magic, or whatever other forms their might be of attracting negative energy.She's very strange.She's a woman in her 60's, living with her adopted little girl. When I met her it was weird...she's very strange. She looks dazed... Like she doesn't know if she's coming or going. But then she can have a very malicious streak and do sly things. And when my friend was terrified to the point of not sleeping... This woman laughed at her. Really makes me think she was inviting it!
lostghostgal (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
Very Interest story and Don't blame your friend want to move out of that house and by the way I been to Albuquerque new Mexico in 1992 first time and Love it there friendly people wish I had gone back my own with out my family but sadly I am afaid of fly in plane. 😊
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
Andrea22,

The way that you describe how your friends former room mates acted it seems like they have either dabbled or have practiced in dark magic.

You're a good person for helping your friend out of that situation because it could have ended in a bad way and I hope that she is doing well in her new home.

Whitewolf,
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
[at] Miracles51031 It would be interesting to know how it is now... But I'm not sure she'd ever get a straight answer from them, if she called and asked. Sadly they're dark and twisted themselves, so they may have attracted the entity in the first place. The woman who owns the house has a seven year old daughter. I swear that kid sometimes sounds like she's possessed. Talking in three different voices and having fits! (like beyond the normal tantrum) And strangely her mother doesn't seem that concerned.It's very weird...I'm not sure they're even startled by dark energy. So she may never know how it turns out!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
Andrea22 - I'm glad y'all were able to get your friend moved out when you did. Obviously things could have gotten worse if she'd have been there much longer.

Has she kept in contact with her former roommates to know whether or not the loft has been rented out or if they have noticed any activity, including the odor, since she's been gone? I'm also curious about the background of the land.

How well does she know her former roommates? I'm just thinking out loud here. Not insinuating anything. Just curious.

Thanks for sharing another story, Andrea 😊
CatherynLynx (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
Yeah they say that Mexico and New Mexico are haunted places. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: