You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mimic

Real Ghost Stories

Mimic

 

My dad worked for Bureau of Indian Affairs so we lived in Government housing. I'm not sure how old the houses where, but I always had this uneasy feeling like I was being watched in that house and that I was never completely alone.

Growing up in that house as a child I was afraid, I felt like something was going to happen, and that is probably why it seemed to bother me more than anyone else. Because I felt it, I felt something was there, even if no one else did or acknowledged it.

The first thing I felt in that house was someone watching me while I slept. I would wake up with my forehead tickling like someone was staring at me. I would look around but no one would be there, so I started sleeping with my face covered up. Then, I would hear strange noises throughout the house that made me very paranoid and, of course, made my imagination go wild. After awhile I started sleeping with my parents until probably the fifth grade.

One night, for some strange reason, I was scared so I wanted sleep in my parents' room but they locked me out, so I just sat in the hallway, looking down it afraid and suddenly I decided that I'm not going to be afraid anymore, I'm going to go to bed and if something happens, it happens. I turned off the light, left the door open, lay beside my sister on the queen bed and covered my face.

After awhile, as I was about to drift off to sleep, I felt someone grab my face and shake it violently. It woke me up and I immediately took the covers off my face to see who it was. I fully expected to see my sister there, mad about something, but she was still asleep beside me on the bed. I know it couldn't have been her, I would have felt her get back into bed. I got up fast to turn on the light and to look under the bed, but no one was there. I looked down the hall -- everyone's door was closed. If it was anyone else in the house I'm sure I would have heard them. You can't make a move in this house without being heard due to the squeaky floor and loud doors. I decided to leave the light on this time, but I shut the door and calm myself by praying; eventually, I fell asleep.

The first time I ever saw something in that house was trippy! It was winter and my parents couldn't afford to put propane in so we all had to sleep in the same room with heaters. All of us kids where sleeping on mattresses on the floor and my parents were asleep on their bed.

Sometime in the middle of the night I woke up and turned over onto my side and I saw my mother standing by the window looking at me. She smiled and waved her hand like wanted me to come to her. I shook my head no and then I noticed movement where my mom usually sleeps, so I glanced their and it's my mother still asleep their and that thing is not her. So I start screaming, crying, and trying not to look at this thing, but it stays there until my parents wake up so I rush and switch on the light. I just start freaking and have like a major melt down. My poor little mind just couldn't understand what the hell just happened! I cannot go back to sleep until it's light out.

I don't think my parents took me seriously until a few days later after my mom has this dream where she's going up to heaven, down to hell, and back up again. It's at that exact moment my little brother wakes her up because he's scared and she freaks out on him. My dad has to pull her off my brother and wake her up.

My parents tell our preacher about those two incidents and he tells them that my mom probably could have died that night if my little brother didn't wake her up, and that I saw her soul roaming before then. At first, I believed it, but after seeing doppelgangers of other people in that house, including one of myself, I don't believe it. I believe there was something paranormal in that house that could mimic people. I will post more stories of those other incidents another time.

Other hauntings by Lady_Bug81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lady_Bug81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lady_Bug81 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-08)
She could have, but I'm doubtful of that considering she was on the left side of the bed facing left and I was on the right side facing right. What grabbed me felt like someone was standing right beside me, on my side of the bed. Their was no mistaking that feeling! Remember, as soon as it let go; I jerked the covers off my face and saw no one their. My sister was still sound asleep beside me, so I quickly nudged her and said her name, but she didn't even budge. I was going to look under the bed, but I got a bad feeling so I stood on the bed and jumped as far as I could to the light switched and turned it on. I looked under the bed and down the hallway but saw no one. I shut the door and just stood their watching my sister to see if she was fake sleeping, even called her name again, but she seemed like she was in a deep sleep. If not, she was a good actress. I stood their thinking what the hell was that, I prayed and eventually got back into bed. If it was her don't you think I would have heard her or felt her get back into bed with me especially since she would have had to run around the bed to her side and then crawl into bed. I think I would have caught her.
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-06)
When I read this the first thing that popped in my head was the fact your were sleeping with your sister. People do weird things in their sleep, including severe cases of sleep walking. It is possible she grabbed your face and shook it in her sleep, isn it? Maybe she was having some kind of dream that caused her to do that.
Lady_Bug81 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-06)
So I was just wondering. If it can mimic people is it a shadow person, a demon, or just a powerful evil ghost? And any guesses as to why I was the only one in the house who occasionally saw and heard things? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I've often wondered about the things that went on in that house.
Lady_Bug81 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
Yeah, that was scary as heck because it was a violent gesture and it felt surrealI too. Even though it happened to me, I didn't really believe it either. That's why I didn't scream.

I remember talking to it as I was looking down the hall way scared. I said things like leave me alone, go away, and prayed for safety. So, I may have unintentionally pissed whatever it was off. I let it know that I knew it was their. Even if I couldn't see it. I also let it know that I was scared, so I was an easy target.

Yes, AussieChick95 I think the figure could have wanted me too! It freaks me out to this day when I think about that. Thankfully, we no longer live in that house. 😊
galatea_project (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
Eeeek! Thank God I've never had such an experience, but I have heard similar stories. The common themes in them were that the double seemed to impersonate someone familiar in order to lure their intended victim somewhere and usually something was off about the double. Some detail about the double would give it aeay as an imposter. According to traditional lore malevolent spirits who take human form are supposedly not allowed to be a perfect copy. I don't know if all that is true, but hopefully it was helpful.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Lady Bug, First I will say WOW! That is completely terrifying. Like all the other comments I agree, you were extremely brave. If something grabbed my face and shook it I would have screamed until my lungs gave out! And you seeing a spirit mimic your mother and your mother having
That dream, those are really scary. Brave is definitly what you are. Keep updating its interesting and stay safe. 😁
Cetic (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Oh man, my heart could not have taken this if it happened to me. I'm speechless at how brave you were being around that when your face got shaken. I would have screamed as loud as I could! I sure hope your family and of course yourself will be safe from harm. From what I've read praying goes a long way with the paranormal.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Lady_Bug,
Ok, I officially declare this incident as being creepy! I can not fathom why anything would shake your face like that. Although, I do not think what you saw in that house were doppelgängers. From what you have stated here, I lean more towards a mimic spirit. These are ones that can look and sound like someone you know - generally a household member, or someone who visits a lot. They're beings that assimilate a solid form, sometimes mimicking known living people, some just assimilating people. They often mimic human form and voices, but usually speak in outdated lingo and have strange mannerisms.
Anyway you slice it - still creepy.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
You seem sensitive to the energy around you. My son is too. So you know, it's not going to end, you'll always know and see things around you. But you can learn to read the sketch, and get better insight with it, that's what meditation is for. Sorry, just thought i'd throw that in. My mother had the sight and it drove her crazy. But my son and my sister (who both have it) meditate and pray each morning, and they can handle it better. So i'm only throwing my two cents in to save somebody elses mind. But i've heared of this before, it really seems like the sight.
Dududancewithu (12 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
That is way too creepy p.s. If your investigating ghost don't go alone 😊 😊 ❤
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Lady_Bug81,
I wouldn't have a clue what to do if someone violently shook my face like that, you are very brave. I'm glad you brother woke your mother up before anything could happen. Do you think that when the figure of your mother was calling you over that maybe it wanted to take you as well? (Just a thought). I look forward to hearing more stories.
Take care
Xx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: