You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stranger In The Condo

Real Ghost Stories

Stranger In The Condo

 

I had a three bedroom condo in Victorville, CA. My friend, his wife and kids were staying with me as he was looking for a job and a place for the family.

It was the weekend and I had gone out to meet up with some friends for dinner and drinks. I got home around 1 am, trying mot to make a sound because he and his wife was a sleep in the front room. I walked down the long hallway to my room. Right as shut my door, my friend was pounding on my door. I opened it and saw his eyes opened as big as softballs, panting hard and the look of fear in his face. I asked what's wrong, he finally spit out that something was sitting on his chest chocking him.

Growing up I have always been very sensitive to spirits, good or bad, and my friend was aware of this. I thought he was doing it to get attention as he has in the past. First thing I did was check up on the kids, they were sleeping, and checked the other rooms and nothing.

I was by the front door, starting to call him out. That is when something caught my eye in the kitchen. There stood a real tall black figure just standing there. I started to tell it, "You are not welcome here," to get out. Still it stood there, so I started telling it, "In the name of Jesus Christ, I command you to get out." It started to move towards me. I thought my friend was going to faint. It went to the front door, covered it black and then, as if smoke, started going through the cracks and then it was gone.

My friend told me, "See, I was telling the truth. I heard you come in and as soon as you got to your door it happened and when I could finally free myself I ran to your door."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rockabilly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Teffy88 (10 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-17)
Wow! That would have terrified me. Did it leave for good or have you seen it since?
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-20)
haha! You're more brave to confront it than I am. I usually ignore it when I see something. Or I pray if I sense it's an evil spirit. But I usually freeze up and can't seem to speek and tell it to go away. You get points for that.
Rockabilly (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-20)
Looks like my response did not post. Thank to all. I have many more experiences. I never did see the tall dark figure again. My mom told me growing up, to use the lords name to protect myself.
Rockabilly (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
I never saw it again, although I have had many things happen since then. It is my normal, I am use to it.
Rockabilly (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
Thank you all. I have many strange things happen to me in my life. My mom always said that if saw a ghost to stand tall and brave, and use gods name and it will protect you. And that it did.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
Rockabilly- That's right! You tell it! Makes me angry thinking about this thing that thought it had a right to mess with people. Thank God you did what you did... And for your bravery. Must have been crazy to be in that situation. Like Yalisai said BRAVO! - notjustme
Yalisai (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
Bravo...!Thats the way it should be handled. My Grand father alwasy used to tell me how bold we should be if it comes to spirits. He is a priestwho firmly believes in paranormal!
DanellaChevelle (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
I like the way you kept your cool and how brave you are. That's what we all ought to do whenever we experience things like the paranormal. Be brave and never be frighten, for they sense fright in us.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
Did you see the shadow again?
I think you handled it quite well. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: