You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Death Or Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Death Or Shadow

 

I was 13 years of age when I experienced my first ghost. I was at my grandma's house about to celebrate by uncle's birthday. Let it be known that it was during the day around 1:30 pm. My aunt had gone to go buy food to celebrate my uncle's birthday.

When she arrived at my grandma's house I went outside to help her. She told me to go through the living room, but I had told her that I would go around through the right side of the house, to the back through the kitchen door. I saw my aunt go through the front of the door and as I was about to walk to the right hand side of the house to the back door to the kitchen, I heard a mumble as if someone or something was trying to get my attention. As I turned my head to see to the left side of the house, that is when my whole body froze.

I saw what looked to me as death. It was a tall person floating, dressed all in black with a hood, but thank God it never turned. As all of this is happening my legs started shaking and I was speechless. As I turned to the back of the home towards the kitchen door, the ghost started to mumble again, but this time I heard the voice louder in the ear as if whatever it was, wanted my attention again. At this point I did not want to turn to the side of the house to see the dark shadow. As I made myself strong I saw that it was disappearing until I did not see it anymore.

Recall it was daylight. Then my uncle came outside and he asked me if I was ok. I asked him to see if there was a person walking on the left hand side of the house to the back. He went to go check and he told me that there was no one. So then I asked if he was sure, as I was in shock he told me, "I am sure, no one is there". As I went to the back of the house I started knocking like crazy for someone to open the door. My Mom finally opened the door and the first thing she said was, "Are you ok? You look very pale." I told her that I would tell her what I had seen.

Many years later one of my cousins' wife witnessed the same thing on the same side of the home, but this time during the night. Every time I go to my grandma's home I wonder if I will ever encounter it again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bluejean, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

TRUCK (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Guessing this wasn't Death being as no one died and has been witnessed by somone else.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: