You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bloody Banshee

Real Ghost Stories

Bloody Banshee

 

I have always called this thing a Bloody Banshee in my own head. It was over 30 years ago when I was between the ages of three and five. There was a room in our house that my mother tells me no one else would stay in but me. I am guessing at the time no one really cared about the opinion of a four year old baby boy.

I've always been haunted at night. I get shivers in the dark, seem to see things that have happened before and used to do quite a bit of ghost hunting when I was a teenager. This just happens to be the one thing I can not explain or track down any information about.

We had a typical San Fernando Valley backyard, but not at night when my "Blood Banshee" was about. Her arrival was always announced by this horrible sound. Almost like a screaming steam engine hissing and burning. I would know she was coming. If I looked out of my window the normal landscaping would be changed. There would be desert and the swirling and coloring of a sunset as far as I could see.

Sometimes you could hear her before you saw her and sometimes you saw her on the horizon before you heard her. Just wailing and screaming as she made her way to my back window. She was all fire red. Cape, Body and to an even deeper extent, her eyes. She would yell and scream at me all night long. "Let me in!" "What's your name?" Even worse were the times when she would try to reason with me nicely.

Even at my age I could see the rage in the background and I knew that if I didn't get her what she wanted her anger would be even worse then before. Sometimes she would hit the house so hard the whole thing would shake. Often I would not get any any sleep at all because she would stay until right before sunrise.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ftilly79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
Oh my god I am truly frightened by your story. Its very creepy, getting chills right now
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-25)
I'm also curious why no one would stay in the room, what reasons were given to avoid it? This entity hit the house so hard the whole house shook, someone had to notice. What did your family say about the shaking house?
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-25)
Not to disprove anything, but I do tend to question and rule out all possibilities before acknowledging a genuine haunting. But you said you were between the ages of three and five. How many times do you recall seeing or hearing your banshee? Are you sure it wasn't a realistic, recurring dream? Were you possibly sick at the time and suffering feverish hallucinations? I had what I dismissed as a dream when I was little. It involved me sitting in my bedroom at night and staring at the wood paneling on the wall of my bedroom. Light was reflected onto it from outside and I saw the shadow of what I thought was a plane go across it. This frightened me greatly because the shadow was so distinct.
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-25)
Wow. I'm almost speachless because this story was so creepy! I felt chills reading this. I agree with Girlie: check out the history of the house or even the town surrounding it. Or the land the house was built on. Sometimes it's not even the house, it's just the land. And I would like to know why others would not go into the room as well.
Thanks for sharing.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-25)
Very strange. I don't believe I have ever heard of anything quite like that. Did you check on the history of the house, or why know one else could stay in the room (a.k.a what happened to them) and did you stop seeing it after the age of five?
Creepy story though. Thanks for sharing.
GIRLIE ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: