You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandmother's Hands

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmother's Hands

 

The year was mid 2009 and I received a phone call from my grandmother, and she told me that she was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer and that she was given 18 months to live. This was her second time having it. She tried the chemotherapy and it just made her so sick. She was 81 years old. She said she just gave up and that she was tired. I didn't agree with her decision to stop treatment, but she didn't want to pursue it anymore.

It was New Year's Eve of 2010, and I was leaving my mothers house. My grandmother grabbed my arm with tears in her eyes and said, "This is going to be my last New Years" she passed that July 2010.

My Grandmother's Hands

I was in the dance ministry at my church. It was New Year's Eve of 2011 and my husband took pictures of me dancing with his phone, nothing special. A couple of weeks I was scrolling through his pictures and noticed something unusual about one particular picture. It looked like my hands were twisted backwards. Well, when I zoomed the picture, I saw two hands, it looked as if someone was trying to grab my hands or give me a hug. They were overlapping my hands. When I looked at it even closer, on the right hand (my left) there is a pink bracelet on the wrist.

Before my grandmother passed, my sister gave her a pink beaded bracelet for breast cancer (that is what caused her demise). Also, if you look behind me, you will see a greenish/greyish face with curly hair. I am not sure who that is, maybe my great grandmother, but those hands are definitely my grandmother's.

I have looked at that photo over and over, and I have also showed many people. Not one person can come up with a logical explanation as to what else it could be.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bhambrick, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Martin (602 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
Perhaps your Grandmother was somewhat incorrect, and she got to spend another New Year's Eve with you. 😊 I'd love to see the photo.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
So beautiful. And dancing with you! Did you feel anything extra, like inspiration or that she was with you? I can't see the keys on the phone for the tears, jeezo mio! 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
What a sad, but beautiful story, bhambrick. I would like to see a picture as well. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure that your Grandmother is watching over you.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
bhambrick: this is such a touching story. I second Spiritwaiting and would like to see the picture.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
bhambrick,Its interesting and rare that you caught such an awesome picture. I'm sure when others read this they would love a chance at looking at the picture themselves. If its possible, could you possibly post the picture? I'm sure it was your grandmother enjoying the time with you. Did you ever feel an engulfing warmth come over while you were taking pictures?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: