You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Really Busy Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

The Really Busy Apparition

 

This happened in a little town (I mean one stop light, five hundred back roads - two of them paved - and four bars) in Kentucky. I was still desperately trying to get settled in, and get used to Kentucky, which is a very unique place to be, especially if you are from northern Ohio.

This was a little farm community, and everyone worked their farms, worked extremely hard in a factory somewhere, and then partied their Heineken off in the evening. So when I first met "the apparition", that's what I assumed he was, another tall skinny wild country boy still sketchy from a party, I was driving down a country road, and was passing a three-way intersection that was large enough to have a little grass island in it because it had been widened by farm equipment passing through often.

As I passed, another car pulled up to the stop sign and this guy started honking and shouting my name. I slowed down and backed up. No, never seen the man before, didn't know the car. He was a skinny blond guy in a dark blue T-shirt, sun glasses with flames along the edges, and a lei. Yes, a lei, like some people give out at parties instead of beads. Oh, and wearing cut-offs. I could tell because he was already hanging halfway out of his car window, waving his arm back and fourth, shouting my name and pointing at me and telling me he had to talk to me. I seriously decided to gun the engine, but as I was thinking no, he could probably take me, he said, "No, don't gun your engine. We need to talk. Here, pull in here for a minute so we're out of the way, 'cause there's a car comin'." There was a car coming, I could see it down the road, he was not facing it to see it. So I pulled into the grassy island, our two cars side-by-side and the guy with the lei on the other side of his car.

So I got out and said, "Who are you anyway?" and started walking around his car. He said "No, you need to stay right over there and I'll stay right over here. And I'm going to tell you who you are so you know you can trust me." Which he did! Then he proceeded to tell me a number of things that would happen in the near future, and what I should do about it. ALL of it happened, SOME of what he said to do I remembered to do, by the way. Anyway, this is really shocking. Like something from a movie. Jeez, from a guy in flame sunglasses and a lei. So without thinking, I started around the car again, saying "What the f---?" Well, wait until it happens to you, you say intelligent things like this over and over. As soon as I started around he said, "Now I told you, you have to stay over there or I have to leave. We can't get any closer than this." I stopped and apologized. He wrapped up his speech. Made some encouraging remarks. Told me to keep my eye on the sparrow like in Rocky, and climbed back in his car and left.

A year later, while still living there, a friend of mine and I were talking about different weird things happening to us and I mentioned this whole thing. She said, "Wow, that sounds like the guy that stopped for me. Only my 'apparition' happened about a month after your 'apparition'." Her car had stalled out on a lonely road, and she couldn't get it to start and she was running out of gas and killing the battery trying to start it. AND she had her baby with her. This guy with sunglasses and blond hair appeared at her window, suddenly, and startled her. She started rolling down her window, asking him who he was and he jumped back and told her she needed to stay right where she was and pop her hood. He'd get her car started. He opened her hood, told her it would start -- it started, and waved as he walked off, saying she could make it back on the gas she had.

Now this woman knew everyone in that county, she had never seen this guy before. A couple other people had similar "apparition", as we began to call him, stories. He showed up, he looked wild, he did something nice, and wouldn't let anyone get within three yards of him. Then he left.

Mine was weird because he knew everything about me, and everything he said happened. But no one has a clue who or what he was.

There's a Native American version of sprite I'm willing to go with...angel. Do ghosts drive Chargers? And what is a ready sprocket? Thanks.

Other hauntings by Swimsinfire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Swimsinfire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
SWIMSINFIRE - been while, how are you? Now my question is WHAT DID HE TELL YOU?!?!?! What has come true? And what a great encounter!
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-12-27)
Hmmm... A sprocket in general is a wheel with teeth that works with a chain. Ready Sprockets are an assortment of sprockets and hubs drilled and tapped for simple, convenient assembly with standard hex head cap screws. Perhaps since this is what he wished to be called, maybe he means he helps make life easier by helping the 'chain' of it along?
I've heard of 'ghost cars', think I MAY have even seen one once or twice, so I see no reason a ghost couldn't appear to be driving one.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-26)
This was an amazing story... It completely blew me away. I hope he continues his work and we hear more about this "guardian angel". Thanks very much for sharing this with us.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Yes, we all need a guardian sometimes. I don't think he only apeared to Native Americans, everyone in the town had a lot of heritage, but checked out other sites and kept an eye out on YGS for encounters with tall crazy blond guys who do gurilla acts of kindness, there are quite a few. The angel encounter sites mostly.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Swimsinfire, what an extraordinary tale! Obviously he was a good guy, seeing that he helped so many people.

It just goes to show, you can't judge a book by it's cover. Despite his outlandish attire, he seems to be a guardian angel of sorts. Was it only folks of Native American origin that he 'appeared' to?

Thank you Swimsinfire for sharing this unusual experience.
Argette (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-22)
That is an amazing story. I hope it's true. Because we can all use a little extra help sometime.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-22)
Yes, prety much everybody in that area had some or all Native American heritage and they mentioned a guardian spirit that visits in the guise of the poor or clown-like individual, who gives help or guidance. He never would tell his name, but he said just call him the Ready Sprocket. And he didn't always drive the Charger, mostly he walked or ran. I tried so hard to find him and never could. One lady tried to pay him, and he ran away. A guy tried to pay him, and when he turned around from his truck, the guy was gone. I don't live there anymore.
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-22)
Almost sounds like one of the ancient gods. They often took the form of humans, but often dressed outlandishly. They would appear to someone in need of help, and than just go away only to reappear and help yet another person in need. There are also stories about them giving messages about the person's future.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-22)
swimsinfire, This is an exciting story! What I would give to have been there with you. I wonder like Bad Juu Juu, if its some type of guardian spirit of the area, or just one that comes in time of need, at any place. Pretty interesting!
Frances23 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-22)
Goods story.I've heard of mysterious figures but never one in a party outfit haha. Did you see him or the car disappear? It sounds like he came off like a living, solid person... Was he ghost like at all? So strange!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-22)
Flame sunglasses and a lei? And cutoffs? Whoever this guy is, he sounds like the life of the party lol. He also sounds like a sweet guy. Maybe he's a local guardian spirit, since he seems to show up just when needed. If you still live around there, maybe you could go back to the intersection you met him at and leave a little gift. A thank you for the heads up he gave.
Ready sprockets seem to be sprockets that are ready to install http://www.linngear.com/part-type/ready-hub-dsr/
Not really tech savvy, sorry 😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: