You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: It Wasn't the Dog

Real Ghost Stories

It Wasn't the Dog

 

When I was about twelve maybe thirteen years old, I was sitting in my mother's room watching her television lounging. My mother's room has a bathroom adjacent and the door was closed tightly. I started hearing something pounding on the bathroom door like a dog might if trapped. We had two inside dogs and one outside dog at the time so I thought that Bogie, my border collie, had somehow trapped herself in there and was trying to get out.

The pounding on the door was very loud and scared me very badly because I thought that I was alone in the room. I couldn't remember either of the inside dogs coming into the room to be with me. I figured that one of them went to sleep in the bathroom prior to the door being closed and had woke up and wanted out.

I got up to let the dog out of the bathroom because I didn't want her/him to be freaking out locked in there having a puppy coronary. It was very cold near that door, which was very odd considering I live in Texas and it is hotter than dog snot on most days. As I approached the door Bogie (my dog) walked into the room and stopped right next to me at my feet looking at the bathroom door and growling. Realizing that there could not have been anyone else in the bathroom, the dog and I ran like hell into the kitchen where everybody else in the household was helping prepare dinner at the time (I know I was being lazy).

My mother asked me why I had been banging on the door, which means she heard the noise. I told her that I had not and what had happened but she blamed my over active imagination and believed that I was trying to scare my younger brothers, who were looking at me like I had lost my mind. It should be noted that the other inside dog was sitting at my younger brother's feet begging for spaghetti and our outside dog was outside enjoying the warm Texas sunshine. I will admit to nothing but I did enjoy scaring my kid brothers once in awhile.

However this time I had not been trying to scare anyone least of all myself. I still wonder what would have happened if I opened that door because I got a angry vibe from whatever it was on the other side. It wasn't like the green mass with a face that I saw when I was 5 or 6, see Saturday morning cartoons for that story.

Peace out,

Bogienova

Other hauntings by bogienova

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bogienova, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostluver1523 (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
I just like you like to scare people just like you. But I did like your story a lot I thought it was pretty kewl



~~ Amy ~~
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-17)
That's the weird thing. Nothing was amiss in the bathroom. Nothing touched that we could see. I rarely went into my mother's room after that point. I didn't like the vibe.
bruce3472 (13 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-16)
First of all, seeing how you got an angry vibe coming from within the bathroom, I am quite sure that you somehow was linked to the thing in question. Because people with Heightened senses can react and quickly deduce things that are not right. In my opinion I believe that you would of had a traumatic experience if you had of opened that door. I cannot say what would of happened, but I can say that it would not be good. By the way how many times did this occur at your home? Because I believe if it had been more than once, maybe the spirit of the person who lived there before you could still be present. If this was a single incident, it makes me wonder why did it appear only this time and not any other. Like Kim Southo asked "was there anything amiss?" I am sure that this question can and might answer a few questions that I am thinking...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
you certainly have a way with words. Your stories are very colorful and imaginative, I can almost see them happeing.

have you heard this sound again? When the bathroom door was opened later on by anyone, was there anything amiss>
just curious.

God Bless!
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-12)
Glad I could amuse, Senor Martin. I guess Puppy coronary is not a technical term... Oh well...
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-09-12)
Puppy Coronary? 😆 bogienova, I must admit, I always get a smile out of your stories. Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: