You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Deal With The Devil

Real Ghost Stories

A Deal With The Devil

 

I was a third generation miner, and proud to be. But in the summer of 2010, the 135 year old company closed its door and locked its gate. I was crushed. Having grown-up as a miner, I felt as if I had little to offer the workforce. Besides this, I am from eastern Kentucky and there is very little work outside of fast food. On top of all that, I was selling my possessions, making a house payment for a home I would lose anyway.

My sister in Indianapolis, Indiana called me. She said there would be work for me in the growing city. Since I have no wife or children this was perfect for me. I had received a warm reception. I had a family that cared, it was great. Within a week I landed a good job in Greenfield just outside Indy.

Then it started. I was skeptical about ghosts and goblins, I had no religion to speak of. All this would change drastically.

I worked the night shift. My sister had her own business and she was gone a lot. Her husband was the top manager at a Kohl's store, so he was always gone as well. For my sake they put the dog in its cage during the day so I could rest. I was asleep in the early morning and Foxy, the dog, jumped on my bed and woke me up. She gave me a strange stare like she had never seen me before. Then the dog ran out of sight. Foxy had the habit of knocking the trash over, so I figured that I would put her away or clean up a mess later. I went downstairs and yelled for the hound. Then I saw her setting in the cage with the door latched. I figured I was dreaming and wrote the incident off. That was the end of sleep for me.

Most stories have a gradual build up. Not mine, it was full force from the beginning. Every 15 minutes the entity would wake me up. The TV would turn with the volume on full blast, or the bed would jerk violently. Always making noise. It made sure it woke me. Never letting me rest.

I remember one time while laying in bed, the people on TV started talking backwards. Then the dark manifestation attempted to have conversations with me through a vent in the floor. This was disturbing, I have no idea what language it was speaking. I asked it to "just leave me alone". It would reply with laughter. It soon spoke English in a broken dialect, part Latin/part English. It was understandable for me. Then it began showing itself physically, its gray color and extremely long arms and legs made it a very uncomfortable. The worst was its face, its eyes. There weren't any. It had two big empty sockets and constantly swayed its head side to side. It always talked about my private life and made perverted remarks about my girlfriend.

I once saw my brother in-law in the living room and when he turned to face me he had no eyes. Just empty sockets, then he walked through a wall. I called him and he assured me he had been at work all morning. The demon apparently could take any shape, man or animal. I was lost and I turned to alcohol to cope.

I didn't tell anyone, looking back this was a mistake. I made a deal with the entity. I told it to leave my family alone and I would talk with it. It loved the attention. The entity was very conceited and loved to show how powerful it was. It also was a master manipulator. The lack of sleep and alcohol was effecting my job performance. And as you can imagine my nerves were frayed. I was fired for falling asleep in my car at lunch.

I had never failed at any job before. This devastated me. Already in a weakened state, I took the entity's advice and ate a whole bottle of Synthroid, a prescribed medication.

My sister figured out what had happened, they were her pills. She forced a mixture of peroxide and water down my throat and I threw up. She probably saved my life. They were scared and I was drunk. By this time it was all routine for me. I was afraid to live and I wasn't afraid to die. I was admitted to a psych ward in Carmel. In there the torment stopped and I got much needed rest. There I studied the work of Jesus and acquired faith. I figured if pure evil can manifest, then pure love could too. I knew that I was sound of mind. But no sleep makes you wonder, it also makes you irrational.

To this day I'm not sure what that entity was. Much more happened to me then I have included in my story. But I know that it was part of its plan. I know the entity was smarter than me; I was a pawn in a game.

I don't know what the dark entity was. I think it is the devil himself. Since I left Indy my sister's marriage has come to an end and my nephew became a drug addict. Their lives have fallen apart. I didn't hold my end of the deal. I know it's the dark entity at work. Since then I have gotten sober and when I think of Indiana, I often cry.

I have gotten another house and I am awaiting my sister's arrival. I must get them away from that horrible monster.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Heath_McCloy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ERICSOS (1 posts)
-4
9 years ago (2015-05-26)
😭 I'm a priest no deals for me lolololololololllo 😐 😐 I don't think you shoiuld eathier
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
That is just crazy messed up! I'm so sorry to hear all this happened to you but thankfully you and your family can and will be safe now. I hope everything is still better for you and your family.
Chookie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
that is freakin scary, I hope that you do get you family out of there. Just remember this, in the end, we win. Don't let anyone discourage you... Keep going, and stay with the crowd of good. God Bless.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-30)
Rook's recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-30)
Heath, truly amazing story, I'm so glad you are better. I recently watched an episode of PW on uk tv and it was about an exorcist, he stated that any kind of weird things that demons/spirits do, do it to unnerve us as they know it will scare us, make use less confident-in this I truly believe- trickery is the devils work! Your story is inspirational but it saddens me with what you went through too. I hope all will be well in the future with you and your family. All the best.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-28)
I think that if any of us had been put in your position, we would have also suffered a terrible time at work. And though your decision to make a deal with such a being was a foolish decision, it was a noble one. You only wanted to protect the rest of your family. Now, since things haven't worked out with your sister and her spouse, you really should not blame yourself. Divorce happens plenty without any kind of supernatural influence. [I would caution any outside readers that if you encounter someone who just swallowed a bottle of pills, take that person to the ER immediately. Peroxide can also kill an individual, no matter how diluted the solution.] I'm glad you've managed to survive to this day, and that you are here to help your sister through rough times. That's what family's for! Thank you for sharing your story.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-28)
Hi Heath, an amazing account.

Did you let your sister know about these things at the time?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-27)
These are truly terrifying experiences. It may have very well been a demon, or something quite close. It sounds as though it was trying to weaken you and possibly posess you. Its amazing you were able to leave, even if it meant going to the psych ward. I hope you are doing well, and hope your sister and nephew follow in your footsteps in leaving the home.

Many blessings, and prayers go out to you and your family.
Niksterrific (19 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-01-27)
WOW, that was an amazing story, very frightening! I sure hope you have more. 😁
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-27)
Seriously scary.

This is the true kind of malevolent haunting. I am happy that you moved away. But sorry for your sister's family.
Wish you and your sister can put everything behind and start anew.

There was a time for me, when I was also down & out, many weird things happened to me (but not these sleep paralysis or ghouls or vampires or succubus/incubus types of thingies) but malevolent occurrences/events just like yours, with entities I can't explain, that directly and indirectly affected me, my family and my work.

At one stage I couldn't stand inside a church - I used to feel so angry and used to grind my teeth during the whole time inside the church.

Thank god, god was kind to me and I went back to him like a prodigal son and I am happy now!
Heath_McCloy (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-26)
Thank you all for the advice. Things are much better with everyone.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-26)
Heath
It is never a good idea to interact with demons much less make deals with them. You should have told your sister that there was something in her house that scared you. Even if she didn't believe you you should have insisted that there was somethingevil was in her house.
You are very lucky it didn't follow you, pray very hard that it doesn't follw your sister.
A poster on here named Rookdygin has a very good cleansing method posted on his homepage, use it. Also I can't say this enough never make deals with demons or any entities ever again.
CrystalLeo (27 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
That is a chilling story. I can't immagine it all just starting to happen all at once.
I know a few things for sure. Demons can take on the shape of anything and anyone they want to, but they also sometimes prefer to show you how they truely look because it knows that it will scare you more.
If you can, use Frankensence insence, it purges evil spirits and negative energy from your enviroment. I have seen it work for me before. Even though I haven't posted any of my stories on this site yet I have read a lot of experiences that are somewhat like mine and somewhat like yours.
I am a Christian and know that rebuking a demon in the name of Jesus Christ works even better than a nuclear bomb. They know him and they fear him. And it has worked for me as well when I was paralized in bed with something pinning me. Definitely not sleep paralysis.
I think you should cleanse your home, or any place you decide to live in. Lavender insence is always used to cleanse, purify and invite positive energy.
I hope this advice helps. I am young-ish still (20) but have done a lot of research and had a few run in's myself.
I hope you take good care of your sister, shower her with love. She needs it, even though it might not look like it at times.
Please don't ignore any of the advice that is given on this site. I see that they all work in some way for your better health and peace of mind.
Hope this helped.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
Every now and again on here there is a story that just chills me to the bone. Full on mate. I think its really crucial that you don't blame yourself, I mean, like, you are plainly compassionate and the situation was hardly ideal. I get pretty passionately involved with these kinds of stories because you did nothing to invite this... So many halfwits playing guess whp with their oujia bpards, just begging for drama, and some creepy spook just up and picks you. Seriously bro, send that whole era light and keep praying. Prayer heals. Best of luck with your sobriety and recovery x
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-23)
Wow. Just wow. Only changing shifts can cause a lot of sleep deprivation, and that can cause a lot of halucinations. Only a thought. Do you remember anything it said in Latin that you could share? What ever it was didn't seem to follow you, that's good. Every belief tradion says that perfect love casts out fear. So it's neat that you are going to care for your sister the way she did for you. No wonder it's leaving you alone. Great read.
xXWOLFANGELXx (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-23)
Wow. Seriously? Making deals with demons. Not the best idea. I'm sorry about the troubles you have had and your family. I would suggest to cleanse your place. Maybe someone here has a good cleansing you can try. As I am newish at this. Maybe talk to a leader in your religion if you folllow any particularone.
Thanks.
WolfAngel
Marquisinator (13 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-23)
Wow I am truly sorry for you I hope things get better for you:) never mess with these things I'm just glad it didn't horribly harm you. I really hope you and your family will be ok.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: