You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Room

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Room

 

About two and a half years ago I lived in a different house. My bedroom was right above the garage. When I first saw the room I really knew something wasn't right about it. It seemed so dark.

Every night I would hear noise like footsteps and banging on the wall. I always got VERY strong feelings someone was in there with me watching me. Sometimes doors would open and close and stage noises from my closet. I heard a knock on my door even though I lived alone.

One night, there was a thunderstorm outside. When the biggest lightning landed it lit up my room for the slightest second. I saw two manly figures leaning against my wall. I was shaking in my bed. I wanted to call my friend so bad but I didn't want to make any sound or get up. I didn't want them to notice me.

Oftentimes I had closed my closet doors but in the morning they were open. I said to myself maybe I didn't really close them each night. So on my camera I got a video of me closing them just to prove to myself I really did. The next morning they were open.

I finally decided telling someone about it. They said I was just paranoid because I had just broke up with my husband and it was the first time living alone in a while. I agreed with her to seem less crazy, but I know what I have seen.

Six months later I moved out of that house. Two days ago I found out many, many people have died in that EXACT room. I believe it was their spirits doing that to me. I will never forget that. I hope one of those many people that died in that room didn't die because of the spirits.

Other hauntings by Vicki34

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Delaware

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vicki34, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Brooks24000 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-02)
Try to do more research about the deaths in the house, it could explain the stronger precenses and the weaker ones.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-26)
At least your away from the room now, and things have settled down, that's a good thing 😁
twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-22)
Hi Vicki34,

It sounds like the activity in that room probably WAS happening due to the past history. What Griff said is quite true, when we experience things in life that cause us extreme emotion, that is an extra release of our energy (which has been known to help spirits get stronger to manifest. Another addition to your situation then was that your mental state of mind was at a low point due to your breakup, and that also is a vessel for spirits to be able to attach themselves to you. It would be great if you knew or are able to find out if other people who have stayed in that room, had some similar experiences. That would rule out that your vulnerability was a reason for these entity's to bother you, or in general if these spirits are hanging out in the room and appear to the others. This story is quite interesting to me because about 5 years ago I was in the same situation as yourself. I was going through a divorce and stayed at my sisters rented house, which ALSO put me in the bedroom above the garage. Right away I noticed the room was seemingly darker than the rest of the house, AND it had a feeling all it's own like its atmosphere was SEPERATE from the rest of the house! I didn't experience any physical spirits, but did always have a creepy feeling in there! I also moved out within a year AND NEVER really researched that house, so, I still don't have a definitive answer about it's history, but at this point it really doesn't matter too much for me. It's after the fact, but it would have been great if after you filmed closing the closet doors that night, you were able to leave the camera on "record" mode, and POSSIBLY have caught the doors on tape "opening and closing. I hope this helps you in understanding what had happened to you there. Thanks for the sharing of your story, and please write back if you have more questions or curiosity. Take care!
Vicki34 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-21)
[at] Griff84 I ran into the man who sold me the house at starbucks and we had a long chat about it. That's how I found out. Yes, things have settled down.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Hi Vicki34, How did you find out the history of the room? It sounds like that could have been what you were experiencing if what you have been told is true. Also, if you were going through a bad time with yourself, it seems that this can be a trigger or conductor for things to happen also, its like poltergeist activity being linked to teenagers.

Have things settled again since you moved out?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: