You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Planchette

Real Ghost Stories

The Planchette

 

What I am going to narrate is not my own experience, but my late maternal grandfather's (nanaji). My grandfather had died when I was just 11 years old.

My grandfather was a guard in Indian Railway; he used to live in a bungalow at Kharagpur town which is located at West Bengal, India.

The incident happened when he was just 25 (don't remember his exact age.)

My grandfather and his friends decided to make a Planchette.

They were 5 friends (sorry I don't remember their names) but that day 1 friend was out for some work so all 4 friends decided to do the Planchette but only 1 friend was not serious about it and started making fun of it, he joined just for fun.

So everything was arranged, Planchette board, candles, the lights were put off and all closed their eyes everybody was told to remember the person who is dead but that friend do not bother about what was said, the process was started but he instead of remembering the dead person he thought of the 5th friend who wasn't there and after few minutes strong wind started and all the candles put out,

Then suddenly a shadow figure appeared and slowly it took the shape and everybody was surprised to see their friend. My grandfather asked when you came. Please come and sit with us, I am going to put on the lights. His friend replied no need to put on the lights and I have not come to join you, please tell me why did you call me? My grandfather was surprised because he didn't call him. His 5th friend again asked why you called me. You know I had a bad incident because of you people, after saying that he disappeared and everything was changed back to normal, the wind stopped and the lights were put on.

After half an hour they all got the news that their 5th friend met with an road accident and died on spot. Then the friend who was culprit burst out of tears and cried, he apologized and told that he was remembering him during the Planchette. All were shocked to hear that, my grandfather told that never think of any alive person during the Planchette because the spirit really comes during the process if the person is alive he/she will die.

Other hauntings by Flora23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flora23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-16)
hi flora23, nice to see a person from kharagpur, WB. I spent my first 16 years in kgp and it had its own eerie charm. The facts are little sketchy but I understood the story line, my father had similar experience with planchette going wrong and the family who executed that planchette, all evil befell on that poor family members... Father died, mother fell sick fatally, sister went mad and only the son remained who was originally in the planchette session and is somehow surviving on a paltry job.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
Flora,
I found your story quite chilling, even if it meant stepping outside of my own belief system. Like Rook, I don't believe that someone can draw my spirit out of my body by thinking of me -during a seance or any other time.
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
[at] spiritwaiting

Lol! I know, right? And here I thought I was the only one! =p
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
[at] rookdygin, Its ok. I completely understand. I do this every now and again. I will push the positive but will give the negative vote. 😊
[at] Instant_crush, I get excited to comment, and it really sounds different when I think it than when I actually write it out lol. 😆
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
spiritwaiting,
It's fine lol! I, too, have the same problem sometimes, getting my words right and getting my point across! =)

Rook,
Sir, you do have a point. It's all too very overwhelming, what can happen in the spiritworld. =)

Northcoastie,
Umm...i don't think many people know this kind of stuff can happen lol! I mean, I doubt that any one has ever thought of summoning/calling a living person during a seance! Just saying! =p
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
I never heard anything like this. Very strange experience 😨 But I want to make a point that Its just a co-incidence nothing else. Agree with northcostie 😉. Overall this is a very interesting experience of seance. ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
I am going to stop using my iPad mini when I want to give a positive vote. Spirit waiting you have my apologies that was supposed to be positive Karma.

Respectfully,

Rook
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
instant_crush, Sorry I worded what I was trying to say all wrong. I was agreeing with the fact I do believe that it is a possibility the spirit could temporarily leave the body. Anythings possible with the paranormal. Because we don't know everything there is to know. And I agree with Rookdygin on the astral projection and the thin line of thread that connects us. I have read a lot about that. Great point. I believe our souls can travel else where, but we remain connected with our bodies until our souls are finished with our lessons here.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
This sounds like one of those 'warning stories' about getting involved with the Paranormal... You know the type... Scare them enough with the story and they will never want to try it?

Just my gut feeling on reading this... Though I must say this... Our spirits CAN exit our bodies they however remain connected via a fine thread of energy...it's called astral projection and while an individual can choose to do this OR it happens while someone is asleep we CAN NOT be draw out of our bodies if someone is trying to summon us... Yes we may feel a bit 'drawn out' but our spirit will not 'go anywhere'.

I hope that makes sense.
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
Not doubting your story but I doubt the theory. If this was the case, anybody could take anyone out simply by thinking about them during a séance. Hey, can't stand your idiot neighbor who always throws his dog's droppings into your yard...séance! Sounds more like a horrible coincidence this happened.
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
[at] vasway4210,

Well, I wouldn't have believed this story or the fact that spirits can leave a body during seance. But see, our spirit is like electric current and body like an appliance, right? The current remains constant even though the appliance keeps on failing and getting changed. What I am trying to imply here is that, an external source can disconnect the power supply. That is, spirits can be summoned even when they are in a body. I know I suck at explaining but I tried my level best...! =p

And lol, after reading this story I am looking forward to uploading the incident and see what people have got to say about it...!
vasway4210 (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
Instant_crush, you make an interesting point. Although from my point of view, I don't think that your spirit could leave your body (while you're alive of course) simply because it was summoned during a seance. However, I could be totally wrong, & am definitely interested in hearing your uncle's story.
vasway4210 (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
CuriousDevu, I owe you an apology. I was trying to vote your comment up, but being on my phone I accidentally pressed the wrong arrow. I'm very sorry. My bad. You're completely right in what you said.
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
well, [at] curiousdevu and spiritwaiting, don't get me wrong but umm...see, think of it this way-imagine you are driving on the highway and someone calls/summons your spirit. Wouldn't it result your spirit to temporarily leave your body? And wouldn't that lead to your losing control of the vehicle? I think this is what MIGHT have happened with the 5th friend. =) I don't mean to imply you're wrong, am just sharing my opinion.

I'll upload an experiece of the almost same kind my maternal uncle had in his youth once the submission is allowed again. You'll get my point then. =)

[at] Flora23, sorry for including your part in the end, but the story acts as sort of a lesson for all. These seances are meant to be taken seriouly else, this is what happens. =)

-Radhicka
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
Flora 23, Curious Devu is right about the planchette amd seance. I'm not so sure about the thinking of a live person and they somehow meet their demise. Everyone has their own beliefs and experiences and it could very well have happened this way. And yes I agree it could very well have been coincedental, but what if it wasn't? Something to think about. Although I definitely won't be trying to figure that one out.
curiousDevu (10 stories) (45 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
I'm sorry for being a miss Corrector, but what you probably want to say is a seance. The planchette is the pointer on the Ouija board. About the 5th friend who passed away, that's a coincincidence. A person doesn't die if you think avout him/her during a seance.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: