You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Exploding Planchette

Real Ghost Stories

Exploding Planchette

 

I have posted a few stories on this site and in my first, I clearly stated that I have had 4 distinct experiences. However, today as I was reading through some of the stories, an incident popped into my head that happened many, many moons ago when I was around 13 years old (it could have been earlier).

We, my sisters and I, were visiting my aunt and uncle in Belfast during the school holidays. My cousins N and her adopted sister D were quite a few years older than me, as was my one sister.

One day my cousin N and my older sister decided to visit D in her newly rented apartment. I'm not sure where this place was, it is just too long ago, but it was quite close to my aunt's house. I, of course, begged to be allowed to tag along.

While there N and D suggested that we try a home made Ouija board (we referred to it as mirror, mirror), they quickly set it up. It was a large round mirror with hand written alphabet placed around the outer edges of the mirror as well as the words yes and no.

As far as I can remember there were no prayers for protection but after explaining that we all had to put our fingers on an upside down shot glass, which would act as our planchette, N and D started asking questions.

We very soon started getting answers to the questions and then the blaming game started. "You're moving it" says D to N. "No, you're moving it" N replies, "no you are", "no you are" and we all burst out laughing. As soon as we started laughing, the shot glass shot straight up into the air above our heads and exploded, sending small glass fragments shooting in every direction possible. Needless to say, we all jumped to our feet and ran as if our lives depended on it.

I never went back to D's apartment. In fact, I never saw her again. A year or 2 later D married and moved away.

I am now 56 and only a few months ago, D and I reconnected.

This experience scared the c...p out of me and I have never again tried to play "mirror, mirror" even though I am very inquisitive, I just don't know enough to do this safely.

I would like to know your thoughts on why this could have happened.

Other hauntings by annie16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, annie16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Chiku (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Very strange and new experience for me in terms of reading.
Good to see everyone fine and decided to quit playing.
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-02)
Hi Zaruje, yes it was scary, very scary, but nothing came of this after thank goodness.
AugustaM, thank you for your comment. That sounds totally plausible. However, if that is the kind of force "they" can use, then I'm glad that I ran AND that I have never dabbled in the Ouija again. 😠
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-24)
Maybe whatever entity was present took your laughing for disrespect - it may have assumed you weren't taking the situation seriously enough and decided to do something to get your attention and teach you a lesson; a show of force, if you will.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-21)
Hi there Annie16!

Thoughts after reading this is, 😨 😨 😨.
What happened to you is just plain scary. I hope that nothing happened to you after that.
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-20)
Hi Val. If your theory is right then it definately achieved it's aim. There is no difference between an Ouija board and mirror, mirror. I just think it wasn't well known then and as far as I remember, I have NEVER seen an ouija board for sale in South Africa. 😉
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-20)
Weird. Val, your comment about the planchette disappeared? Oh well Lol
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-20)
Annie16,

I'm not sure why the planchette exploded. The only "theory", I can offer is; perhaps something was ensuring you never played that game again? I'm curious; what's the difference between Mirror, mirror and the Ouija board? If there is a difference that is.

Val,

Thanks for the heads up 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: