You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House I Lived In

Real Ghost Stories

The House I Lived In

 

I used to live with my mother, in Naches, WA, in a very creepy house. This house not only frightened me, but as well as my friends. There are five stories that I will share, and each paragraph will be a different one.

When I was around the age of 10 or 11, my mom worked at an eye doctor and had to leave before I went to school. Once she left one morning, I decided to watch "Ripley's Believe It Or Not!" I was texting my friend that morning until I heard a really strange noise. I walked to the kitchen to find the sink on. No one had touched the sink or turned it on. I quickly ran towards it and turned it off. It was cold near the sink, and I was scared of that sink ever since.

This story was when I was 10. I was taking a shower one night when I looked over at the curtains. I saw a bright blue (finger?) thing moving in towards me. I dodged it and turned the shower off.

This was when I was 9 or 10. I was in the most haunted area of the house, upstairs. I had just gotten a new phone so I was messing around and taking pictures. I decided to take a picture of the stairs. I looked at the photo and there was a figure of a man.

I was 11 in this one. I was playing with my barbies one day when I looked into the TV next to me to see a shadow. It frightened me. The next day, I had my birthday party. All of my friends REFUSED to go upstairs. This has happened before.

For my last story, I was 11. I had a friend who lived a few houses down, so we walked to my house to get barbies. As we walked outside, we heard the voice of an adult man screaming. It scared us so much, we ran all the way to her house.

These stories are all very true. My mother and my friends' parents never believed me/us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MarziPan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Naughtyb0i (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
A series of incidents that might not be "paranormal" but normal.
1) The sink: could be the tap threads are messed up & the tap let the water flow through or that the button for the garbage disposal was stuck.
2) The dark figure of the man could have been the handy man or some relative.
3) The finger: might have been a ray of a flashlight.
4) The scream: might be a neighbor busy doing some home improvement & smashed his finger with the hammer.
5) The shadow: could have been your mum or a jacket & pants hanging on a coat hanger.
RedCzar (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
The bright blue finger thing could have been a blue centipede but I don't know if they are around where you live.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
MarziPan: welcome to YGS.
Do you know the history of that house? Is it an old house?
You had these experiences at a quite young age, when kids are very impressionable and still is difficult for them to discern what is real from what is not; perhaps some of your experiences have a mundane explanation.
The man screaming could have been one of your neighbors; and the shadows just shadows.
Or perhaps there was really a spirit sharing the space with your family and making its presence known every now and then. For what you say I gather the "activity" wasn't constant.

And I hope you didn't use the scare with the sink like a excuse for not helping your mother to do the dishes! 😉

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: