You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Town House

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Town House

 

This is a true story that my parents told me. I remember this house, and my one friend lives here now. This is in Pennsylvania, near Harrisburg.

When I was little (very young), I lived in a haunted house. There was this spirit that you could hear. It would sound like stomping up the stairs, but running. It would sound like three big dogs. Now, we had one dog, but he'd stay in my parents' room in the night. He was always cautious about the stairs and often just sat and stared at them.

Now, whatever this spirit was, it would steal my parents' stuff and it would end up in a cubby hole in the attic. This made my parents very paranoid and a bit annoyed.

One day my mom saw whatever it was, and thought it was me. She walked into the hall, thinking it was my shadow, as it looked like a small child's. She didn't see me, so she looked in my crib. I was still in it, sleeping soundly. She freaked out and told my dad. He wasn't really concerned.

They have both told me there was always a feeling of someone watching them in their sleep, as well as a feeling every once in a while of being touched, like around the legs or on the shoulder when sitting. They always looked behind them to see if it was me, but I wasn't there.

My friend lives in a house and has been reporting stuff like this to me. I am actually surprised, as she lived in the same house as I once did. She said that she often sees shadowy figures, but it looks like the same shadow all the time. She has no siblings other than an older sibling, and this looked like a five year old. She is very confused and a bit curious.

Does anyone know what this was? I'm very curious and would like to know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Carrielover617, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-21)
Hello Carrielover617, welcome to YGS. I don't think whatever your parents experienced was residual. Still it could be a spirit trying to draw the attention of your parents when they were living in that house. You said one of your friends is living there and so if he has some encounter, then ask him to investigate. May be you could also involve yourself in the investigation. That could throw more light.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
arianabutera (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-20)
it might be a a child spirit who once lived in this house! 😊 it might be just checking up or has missed their home
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-18)
Greetings, Carrielover.

My first thought was to ask if the cubbyhole in the attic is large enough to hide a person, such as an escaped slave on the underground railroad? If so, this may be an intelligent haunting by a child who wants attention. Children who have nothing, or who have abandoned what property they had, have a tendency to become acquisitive, even hoarders. Taking personal items and leaving them in the same place each time would indicate that the spirit involved is less interested in keeping the items than it is in feeling the validation of adult attention.
The cubbyhole is clearly a place of significance to this spirit; if it is not large enough to hide an individual, is the house old enough to have served as an inn? Inns during the colonial period often had cheap accommodations in the attic: small beds separated by curtains rather than walls. This may prove to be a useful line of inquiry.
I don't believe you are dealing with a shadow person at all; when they interact with people, they tend to instill abject terror and behave with deliberate malice toward the living. Your parents' experiences, and those of your friend, sound more like mischief than anything else.
Take care,
-Biblio
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
Hello Carrielover617! It seems to like residual to me. I would like to suggest you find out the history of the house.

Regards
Ephemeraismylove (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-14)
I disagree with PagalLadka I have hear of several incidents where shadow spirits have hurt people.
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-14)
Shadowy figures never harm any1. Try to investigate the story of your place and if your friend have seen that paranormal shadow before ask her the history of your house
Carrielover617 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
Thank you, Sam222. I shall search that, as I was very curious! 😜
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
Carrielover617,
If your asking what the shadows might be; they may be "shadow people;" a phenomena witnessed by many people including myself, they are scary (I don't like them), but usually they do no harm, unless you consider fear harmful.
Carrielover617 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Hmm, no, I don't think I ever did. Thanks, if I can get the address, I will search it:3
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
I sounds like a child spirit who actually means no harm. Have you tired to research the history of the home? You may get an ideal of who it may be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: