You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Vibration

Real Ghost Stories

Vibration

 

It looks like we have a new ghost in the house. I slept in today, and so I think this happened between 12 and 1:00. I grabbed a bite to eat, and since I missed breakfast I ate lunch and went back to bed to see if I can get another hour or two of sleep. My sleeping schedule has been quite off lately, but that's because my sleeping kicks in when it's morning for some reason. Surprisingly I was able to sleep while I was thinking after I ate lunch then I was eventually dreaming weird scrambled things that moved from one thing to the other.

The scrambled dreams were quite small, and mostly not important but it was as if I was all over the place. Then oddly enough I felt a presence, and some sort of vibration in the atmosphere, and in the floor. I thought it was nearby neighbors doing work on something outside, or those workers moving cars around with their machines in a nearby car dump lot, but no. My bed felt as if it was being circled by something, and at the same time hearing this weird vibration I then heard a buzzing sound joining in along with it. The thought occurred to me that it might've been someone in a wheel chair, but it couldn't be.

The room I'm temporarily slumbering in is a mess, and my bed is surrounded by storage items so I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be enough room to circle my bed while in a wheel chair, but then again it might be different since this is someone from the afterlife. But still this vibration and type of atmosphere is quite new to me, and I didn't feel anything negative. This new presence I have no doubt it's a new spirit, and it's because this vibration that occurred happened to wake me up. Although I was still quite drowsy, but I had a good sleep up until this atmosphere and presence woke me up. After the circling finished I felt someone touching me, and this hand he touched me physically, and this touch it also had some sort of vibration to it, but the vibrating from his touch was pretty slim compared to the type in the atmosphere.

This feeling was quite strange, but it didn't feel negative, and I wasn't frightened like I usually am when I encounter spirits, or when spirits encounter me. I felt a hand rub on my shoulder and back, and I know this spirit is a male, because he whispered into my ear. "Let me play a game" "I want to play a game" or something to that extent, he said something about a game and I didn't know what he meant, and for some reason, I wasn't scared at all.

Other hauntings by Kya1994

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kya1994, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
Kya:

First, some context: I have lived on two continents, in 3 different States, and in upwards of 20 residences ranging from a tent (six weeks in summer before our new home was ready: long story) and trailers, through apartments and a terraced house, to a semi-detached house, a cape-cod, a bungalow, 2 ranches and a mini-mansion. [I only wish it had all been in that order!] I say this you you can see that this question is not intended to sound judgemental or condescending in any way at all: what kind of trailer are you living in? Very small trailers, say 16', resting on one axle and one leg (one *very* long year: two adults, two kids, two dogs, don't ask!) are quite unstable and will shake for peculiar reasons (including dairy cows being herded 20' away, twice a day, every damn day. Really: Don't Ask!) whereas larger trailers, such as double-wides, are almost indistinguishable from houses on the inside, until heavy machinery (trucks, excavators) or strong storms reveal that the construction, though solid, is not attached to the concrete slab. In your case, I'd suggest that the larger the trailer, the closer any outside influence had to be to create the vibration; the inverse is true for a smaller trailer. When you state "my bed felt like it was being circled by something," do you mean that the vibrations emanated from a moving point, or were the vibrations consistent WHILE the buzzing noise was circling your bed?

I'm more than a little concerned that the voice you heard wanted to play a game (did you ever see "War Games" with a 21-year-young Matthew Broderick?). How did you respond? Did you brush it off/ignore it? Did you tell it to go away? Did you ask it to explain what it meant? What kind of game would it be capable of playing that you would be able to participate in, or enjoy? I'm only a little bit concerned, because it sounds like it could be a harmless, lonely, elderly person who wants to play Gin Rummy, but it could be something/someone who wants to leech off your psychic energy for its own use (that would explain it circling you to see if you could detect it).

I know that I've said this before, but most people ask "what's the worst that could happen" as a joke. I ask that question with all seriousness on a daily basis, then work out how to deal with the most likely consequences, so I'm prepared. Sometimes, this leads to my speculating on the more cautious side, when it is not at all justified; other times, my intuition will not leave me alone until I've done something about the situation. I want to stress that this is probably a my being over-cautious, but it never hurts to have the "Twelfth Man" (a reference to "World War Z") troubleshooting an idea.

Take care,
-Biblio.
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-20)
RedWolf-
Cool, I wish I had dreams that continued. 😊 It happened to me once or twice with the sleep dreams. I'm quite surprised I wasn't frightened by my awake dream, I'm usually frightened by anything like that.

Respectfully,

Kya
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Kya,
I have had a dream so realistic I thought was real. Then I woke up to use the bathroom had a cup of coffee because my husband was getting ready for work, he never let's the dogs out in the morning so I did all the while still dreaming. I went back to bed after I let the dogs in the house. Went back to bed back to the dream and someone in the dream asked me if I went on coffee break, I said yeah something like that. Then the dream resumed.
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Miracles-
I know, I was agreeing with you... I'm not denying it was a dream, and I don't intend to claim anyone to be wrong about it. I just never experienced the paranormal like this before... It's just a fact, and so is the dream suggestion...

Respectfully,

Kya
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Kya - just because you've never experienced something before doesn't mean it can't and didn't happen that way.
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
champion-
Your description is similar, in my situation it's like this spirit is capable of activating the third eye or something with how relaxing it seemed, whether it came into my dreams or not, I honestly don't know. I know for sure that this was a spirit, and only because the voice wasn't familiar, nor the touch, it was just something new, I never had such a vivid daydream before.

Miracles-
I'm not trying to be in disbelief of it, sorry if I sounded that way in my last comment. I understand that it can be a dream, but I just never had one awake before. Having a dream as such wide awake is also new to me, it's possible this spirit walked into my dreams I guess and it woke me up.

Respectfully,

Kya
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Kya - I understand why you are reluctant to believe this was just a dream; however, I have experienced one so real I submitted it to this site. That story was rejected. What I felt was so real, I woke still feeling the arms around me. And I was wide awake, not asleep. Needless to say it freaked me out. So you saying you don't believe it to be a dream because the touch felt so real isn't proof it wasn't a dream. It could have been a very, very vivid dream. You said yourself it was the best sleep you've had in awhile.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Hi Kya1994, you said when you encounter spirits or they encounter you so it seems you are sensitive to spirits? This one could be explained away but if you are sensitive then perhaps this was another encounter just more pleasent. I have felt the vibration before almost like a static hum reverberation at the perfect pitch and volume. I can't remember what was going on at the time but it was very peaceful and relaxing to me. I don't know if it was the same as you felt but just wondered if my description is spot on or not? Thanks for sharing.
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Goggzy-
No, I live in a trailer park, which is why I found it quite odd that vibrations was involved in this one. And I think your right, I haven't felt him or seen him since that evening.

Miracles-
Possibly, I didn't feel unconscious though, I wasn't even half asleep, I felt quite calm honestly because this vibration feeling was relaxing my third eye, as if the vibration all together was going through my body. I feel sure that it wasn't a lingering dream, and vibrations from the dream, but what you say is true so I might be wrong. That touch felt so real.

Goggzy-
I understand, I could be wrong. I just don't know about that cause a bit of my schedule doesn't add up accurately to what the situation might be.

Tweed-
I don't doubt it, it makes sense. To be honest I haven't slept in weeks even though I've tried, and the sleep I've gotten that evening was actually the best sleep I've had in a while, so I don't know if I have sleep fatigue since I'm in deep need of sleep. I need sleeping pills really bad, my insomnia is taking a toll on my eyes, and energy.

Everyone-
If there are anymore suggestions of it being a dream, tell me more of what's on your minds. I want to figure out if it's a dream or if it was actually a paranormal experience. Thank you for your opinions.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Kya, especially if your sleeping patterns are jumbled, you can be experiencing fatigue. I get a buzzing sensation and it's inner ear related. This sounds a lot like what I experience. It clears up when I've had adequate sleep. But it can linger for a week, which is about how long it takes us to adjust. I also dream vividly when in this condition and have lingering waking dreams as Miracles brought up. The touch sensation could be muscles relaxing too, this can feel like pressure from touch which could also work its way into a dream. Fatigue does strange things.
Goggzy (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Miracles
I was going to say this as this happens a lot for example if you dream of someone speaking in your ear you wake up hearing them. I just saw water/tremors easier to diagnose in California
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Kya - this could also be lingering effects of the dream. With an intense dream, you could have woken and still felt the vibrations from the dream.
Goggzy (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
This could be intelligent haunt but as this is new it will probably have been a spirit passing by, with the vibrations can I ask has there been any tremors or if there is running water nearby (river etc.) as this sometimes causes houses to vibrate this happens to my house as there is a river running within 100 metres from my house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: