You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hovering Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Hovering Ghost

 

I've remembered this recently, I definitely forgot about it for quite some time. This happened years ago, my step mother would take naps every once in a while on my bed, in my bedroom. She was still taking a nap in there one night, and I saw a shadow of a man hovering over her. It was creepy, but he wasn't harmful. The way his shadowing was represented seemed like this dark red type of color, his movement seemed gritty. He liked my step mother a lot I guess, cause my father saw him over her more than once, I only caught him hovering over me once, the strange thing was when I saw his full figure over my step mother, he had no limbs, it was just a head on a neck and shoulders, a body connected underneath the shoulders. I haven't seen him since the first time my eyes witnessed him hovering over my step mother.

Another ghost came around shortly after, I can't remember what my parents called this one, but I think it was salad fingers. They both felt three fingers over their cheeks from the same ghost, and one of them I think witnessed what his true figure was, his hands was like the feeling of metal and I can only describe what his hands felt like cause I never really saw the figure of this ghost before. I don't even remember how my parents described him, it was probably hard for them to describe to cause he looked unnatural, I don't even know if they seen his face. But shortly after they attempted to explain him to me, he caresses his metal hands over my face to introduce himself to me since hes the recent ghost I claimed that I haven't seen, nor felt before, he was creepy, but I think I liked this one, like it's weird but he's one of the ghosts who've come around that I have thought of as intriguing, in his weird way.

Other hauntings by Kya1994

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kya1994, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-08)
Miracles51031-
Thank you, and again I apologize.

I didn't know of this before only because I expected it to indicate it is the administration, but I recently have figured it out even while not knowing of it. Not too long ago I requested for my last submission to be published if there are no grammar or punctuation issues with it, the main reason I want it published is because it didn't have my drama in it. I'm not trying to apologize too much, but I get like that when I feel ashamed, and filled with a bit of regret for my actions or ways of saying things.

I won't deny that, it was probably hard to notice cause there were hundreds, and if not between twelve to fifteen comments in that one story underneath, so I understand if it was hard to find, or even notice. I should've asked the same question in a different story comment, at least one without too many comments. I'm not trying to blame other moderators for my actions if that's how it looked, I only commented that question once, and I should've commented the same question more, so the blame is on me. Thank you for the admin link, I will book mark it and will ask whatever is on my mind if I have future questions for other discarded stories.

Respectfully,

Kya
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-08)
kya - here is the link to contact administration. Http://www.yourghoststories.com/contact.php I'm certainly not trying to add to the drama, but we have many members with learning disabilities or who can't spell or write well, as well as some who are deaf and almost blind.

Also, unless something has changed administration sees every story that is returned, and the reason why. A couple of stories I returned in the past were published by administration because they didn't agree with my decision/reason.

Follow the instructions on the link I've provided. This will enable you to speak your mind to admin. And as for asking a mod the email address, unless it is buried, I can't find where you've done that in the comments section of any of your stories. We typically do not ignore requests like that, in fact we encourage our members to contact admin if there is an issue. We do.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-08)
From what I can tell the contact link is on every page. If you're on your page with your story and everyone's comments, just scroll up to the very top and you'll see the banner at the top with your log-in information and other links like glossary, submit your story, etc... Click on contacts and you should find the FAQs and the link to contact someone about why your story was rejected.

From what I understand in the comments, when they emailed you to let you know your story had not been published, they explained the reasons for it then, but this seems to be a good way to get in touch with someone about it as well. Or maybe you could just hit reply in your email?
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-08)
ms_st0308-
If you mean that in emails, I can't find "contact" is this supposed to be somewhere else, like on a moderators page? If you don't know, it's okay, I generally want to find out about it, whoever knows. It does make sense, I just still haven't figured it out yet.
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-08)
Miracles-
No, I shouldn't get by with it, I have no objections to the last thing you said. I assume it's already discarded from my comments, and I truly feel like an idiot.

As I mentioned in my comment for zzsgranny, I have tried contacting the administration before, and I mentioned in the comments of one of my stories if the email is different from this sites email, but I got no word of it even though I asked. I feel ashamed of myself honestly cause I claimed before that I would do better, when I'm obviously not a short while after I claimed it.

Not knowing instructions of contacting the administration makes it difficult to tell the administration anything, and my story, I'll get help with it. I haven't mentioned this before because of people like Lark, but I have learning dissabilites, and no it's not a big deal to me I feel normal enough and I'm not crying a river about it. But I'm mentioning it only so you know why the punctuation, and grammar are the issue to my story, and so you know why I can't figure out how to contact the administration.

Really I apologize, and I should've known better. I assume I'll get one more chance if I'm possibly forgiven. I can be stupid at times, and like I've mentioned before ban me if you think it's necessary, I understand if you don't I only have one more chance.

I shouldn't have done that, there are times when I shouldn't do things on my own, even though there are times when I can.
(face palm) I need to stop this... As ridiculous as I can be, I hope you understand the circumstances as to why I broke a rule for posting a none fixed story in my comments, and why I have quite the attitude. I feel bad about it, but if I knew how to contact the administration, I would've done that already, instead of acting like a fool when I claimed before that I'd do better.
😢

Respectfully,

Kya
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-08)
I think if you got to the link that says "Contact" at the very top of the page you will find another link under the category "Frequently Asked Questions" about halfway down. There is another link that says "Why was my story rejected?"

Just a wild guess since I've never done it before, but I think that might be how you could contact an administrator about your story. But it seems to be pretty easy to access.
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-08)
zzsgranny-
I've been trying to figure that out, I shouldn't have put my drama in my comment. I'd email the administration if I knew of the email itself, but no one will tell me if the email is different from the one of this site, or not. I deserve this lecture, and I apologize. What has my nerves is the email issue, cause I don't even know the email of the administrator, or if I need to contact it a different way, I have asked a moderator about it before and I got no word of it. My drama is ridiculous, and I don't blame any of you if you agree to ban me from the site, but not knowing how to contact the administrator contributes to it.

Yes, I need to stop this, and I've said this quite a lot. Honestly I'm disappointed in myself, cause I'm obviously not doing better like I said I would. And I mean that attitude wise, in case you think I'm referring to doing better at my story. *sigh* Right now, I'm angry with myself, like before I had no right, I will contact the administrator if someone will tell me how.

(face palm)

Respectfully,

Kya
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-07)
Kya - wow! Seriously? Where, in the email where your story was returned, did it say because this isn't a demon site? At least twice it was returned for poor writing. If you would like, I can and will give our members an example of why it was returned 😠

I cannot help but feel you are deliberately going around our rules to get the story you want told. Not going to happen.

When stories are returned it is for a reason. If you wanted it published, you could have fixed the punctuation, grammar, etc and resubmitted it. But you, and no one else, is going to put a rejected story in their comments section and get by with it.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-07)
Kaya: I don't believe you're being entirely honest about the reason your story wasn't published. We do have a category for demons/possessions/exorcisms.

I wasn't the one who reviewed your submission, but if I had been, given the information you've already shared about your father's psychological condition, I would have rejected it also.

Once again, for everyone: if you have a problem with the moderation or editing of this site and the stories CONTACT THE ADMINISTRATOR. Don't bring your drama here!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-07)
ladydarke
Could you tell me what the chakras are? I've never learned about them. I mean I know about the six senses but I don't know anything about a seventh. Please don't think of me as stupid but as I've said I've never learned about chakras. Thank you
Regards
Red
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
ladydarke-
I'm pretty sure he did, maybe he leaned to bit of both, he had no intention to hurt anyone at least, or maybe he's just looking for people to help with his amusement.
With how old his arm felt, it did seem that way, and I did assume so. 😊
Well I don't know about jerk, maybe he was, guys at sometime can be jerks in there own ways depending on the time and place.
I'm trying to get it published, I have submitted it maybe more than three times at least. Last time it was discarded because of the name title, and my recent submission of that one at least has the event described in it, the one describing the crown of my four head rattling. So yes, I'm definitely trying to get it out there. There have just been times when it didn't sound believable, or didn't suit the guidelines to the site. And yes, the seven chakra thing I have learned about, I think the first time that drew my attention to it was this show that anyone of age could watch, even adults could like it. Avatar The Last Air Bender, it was always our family show, and I believe in the end of the second series, at least three or two episodes dealing with the chakras was something the main character had to learn in order to get into this "avatar state" they called it. The producers behind the show did pretty good at making it funny, intriguing, and nearly realistic even though it was a cartoon. This is the second show I came to know where they actually changed clothes, hair, and they even changed through age. Pretty good show, if you haven't seen it, feel free to watch with family, or kids involved in the family, its at least more hysterical for them in the first season. But yeah, I don't know everything about the energy that comes from the seven chakras, you know what the energy's are called from each chakra, but I know of the chakras, and that they can be activated if I listen well to the music that works for it. It keeps me pretty calm, and positive, so I really enjoy it. 😊

Well, its not that it was painful, it is from dread, the second one you assumed. It was tiring out my head, and I think it gave me a headache. I cried, because this demon trying to get into my head seemed scary, scarier than any of my other ghostly encounters, and it needed enough energy to break through, but even so after all of my fathers crying, for all the deaths this demon caused, thankfully it wasn't enough for this demon to get into our heads, it was doing the same with my step mother to. The crying came from the fear of a demon trying to enter my head, what scared the daylights out of me is that he might've succeeded in the moment.

Trust me, you wouldn't want to know what it really felt like, its like something evil trying to get connected to you the same as the loved one related. Like, something is attempting to corrupt the mind, and possibly do something unforgivable if it was trying to gain that chance. I know your curious to know it for real, but its not something good to experience. I have no idea what could've happened if it got through to my head, maybe it would've made me see things, or worse. I don't even want to know what it could've been capable of it got through my door, I'm just glad it didn't have enough for it.

Lol, well I'm glad it got your attention in a positive way. Not everything was descriptive, like where this demon was haunting people, or how my father described it. It is described in the story, just not very detailed, I'm leaving a few things mystery so I can get questions to answer, and a few things to describe if people ask me to. I don't know how much longer it will take for my last three submissions to possibly get published, but I will find out, and hopefully my fifth, or sixth submission of this story will get published since its more about the event, and or what I saw. I'm glad your interested, and I'm looking forward to answering your questions in my next stories. 😊
ladydarke (113 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
I think that 'arm #2, articulated right arm from the 16th century' is one of the most ingenious, even if its not the most realistically artistic. It has three fingers so it looks hand-like enough, but the ring finger, arguably the most useless (it can hardly even move on its own) is instead replaced with what looks like a slot to put in various useful attachments. Maybe one for closing buttons, one for holding objects like forks and pens, and so on. Not sure if the thumb is broken off, or if its partially there to look right but also has a slot for more attachments.

Because global communication has been very limited for most of human history, I would imagine there was no central database of prosthesis research that developers could keep improving on. Probably, each person had to pretty much invent their own from scratch using the best technology available to them. So, it's possible that even though the picture shows one from the late 16th century, your guy's was made even hundreds of years earlier or later along much the same design. Regardless, I totally agree it is in no way a modern prosthesis and the ghost is probably from a hundred years ago at the most absolute minimum, so definitely old. True statement that he's likely been around long enough to scare as many people as he wanted!

I understand what you mean about being scared in the moment even with a positive ghost. Makes perfect sense. And your guy could totally just be sort of a jerk who likes scaring people with his hand; probably was much the same when alive. I think that when people are faced with terrible hardship, such as losing a limb or suffering from illness and whatnot, it either makes them bitter or better: do you think so? Maybe your guy leaned toward bitter.

Will you be posting a story about the entity connected to your father that tried to get in your head? I thought it was interesting how you said the crown of your forehead rattled so much it made you cry. In one of your stories you mentioned listening to third eye music, so I guess you're well aware the sixth of the seven major chakras is on the brow, and is known as the third eye chakra. I know what you mean about feeling it buzz; I understand that sort of sensation is often associated with the third eye chakra opening or activating. I have a Tibetan singing bowl that vibrates at the third eye frequency and it definitely messes with my brow chakra. I've read that evidently some people can find they're doing too much too fast, and it can give headaches or be uncomfortable or even painful. But the rattling you describe sure does sound like someone beating on a door, trying to get in.

I wonder what exactly a rattle in your sixth chakra feels like? I'm picturing an extreme buzzing sensation, like vibrating so quickly that if it were a physical object, like say it was my singing bowl and it went crazy, it would be rocking or rattling against the surface it sat on. I wondered if you cried because it was actually that painful or just from dread or whatnot?

I'd like to read all the details and I hope you decide to post the full story with vivid descriptions. The little sentence you gave was like a movie trailer. >^.^<
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
Ladydarke-
Yeah, even though that is the point of the you tube character, he is quite disturbing, I barely watch it, and when I do its when I'm in an odd mood to see something weird, but that may happen once a year, or every three years I suppose.
Well he can be scary, not that I'm not scared when he does show himself around, fear is quite common in the moment almost every time even if a positive ghost shows itself around. He probably didn't expect me to compliment him that way, it might be why I haven't seen him since then, he expected me not to like him or something or expected me to have more fear of him, but not really, I can't deny I'm not scared in the moment when the ghost encounters me, but I couldn't deny that he is intriguing in his own way either, mostly because I have this type of acceptance when it comes to different people.
The arm under two, articulated right arm from the early sixteenth century looks about right. He definitely scared my parents, I don't know if it was much of an ice breaker thing, even if its something he used to do back in his day. With how old that arm is, he probably had more than enough time to scare as much people as he wanted, maybe his intentions weren't really to get us to like him, but whether he liked it or not, I liked him anyway. 😊 I don't know if he was happy about that, or if he was just confused as to why I would even like him in the first place. I just have an understanding to people who have become different, or has always been different, that includes spirits. If I were scared to a certain extent, its possible I wouldn't have good things to say about the spirit, but truly I have faced worse. A demon has tried getting into my head once, now it was only possible because the demon is connected to my father, the crown of my four head rattled so much, it got me to cry, it was one of my worst spiritual encounters. So considering I have been scared way worse, I come to like spirits as long as there no demon, as scary as any spirit can naturally be. 😊
ladydarke (113 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
Glad to hear he didn't look like Salad Fingers 'cause, yeah, disturbing! The voice doesn't help either, but of course being disturbing is the point of the YouTube character. >^.^<

Wonder if your ghost could have been the spirit of someone from the past with a prosthetic hand? I found a link on the history of prosthetic hands: it looks like they had some really lifelike ones and most were made from iron, which fits with what you felt.

http://io9.com/the-history-of-prosthetics-reveals-a-long-tradition-of-1552921361

Maybe one of the hands on that link will be somewhat similar.

Evidently they had better prosthesis than the pirate hook everybody thinks of when it comes to historical prosthetics, but one expects it would have taken serious money to commission a nice realistic one. They were probably custom-made works of art, I imagine. Maybe poorer people had to have the hooks and whatnot, and your guy had the best device the local blacksmith could rig for him in his price range? It might also be some specific attachment that he used all the time to perform his job, whatever that was.

He might even have been quite accustomed to scaring children/people with the hand for jollies and is still doing it? If you think about it, people from the past were ostracized for disease or disability, so maybe a jumpfright with the hand followed by a joke was the best way to put the white elephant on the table and get everybody laughing with him? Maybe it's what he used to do as a social icebreaker, and he's trying to do the same with your family? I suggest that because you say you're not really scared of him.
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
ladydarke-
Not that he looks like salad fingers from this video, but yes, I pretty much got the name from him cause of his weird hands, he only had three metal fingers, I don't know if it was on one arm or the other. I don't think the ghost specifically liked metal like the actual salad fingers, he just liked scaring us with the metal he had on him.
ladydarke (113 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
Salad Fingers... So disturbing. Didn't think he had metal hands, though? Just he likes to touch metal? If we're even referring to the same Salad Fingers from the YouTube series:

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpVTORX_ifk

If so, um, yeah, that'd be something else to wake up with a thing like that rubbing your face in the night!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: