You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Chiming Clock

Real Ghost Stories

The Chiming Clock

 

In 1992 Hurricane Andrew went through Homestead, Florida and my unit was then temporarily stationed in Tampa, Florida. During this time I flew my son back and forth from Tampa to Miami to be with his Dad. Due to this I had many "frequent flying miles" and was invited up to Fitchburg, Massachusetts for Christmas by the family of my best friend.

A little background on the house: It had been in the family for 40 years and had one time been a morgue. The basement was dug out by the mother but another set of stairs led to another basement where they said the bodies were kept. It is now being used for their carpet store. They also sell oriental rugs in the garage by the house. The Mother died from Cancer in the home.

The day of the encounter my friend and I went into Salem and of course went through the Witch Museum. And I bought tons of ghost books. That night I decided to go upstairs to read said books. I could see the lights from downstairs and everyone laughing at a television show they were watching.

I became tired and turned off the lights. As I laid there all nice and warm the little cuckoo clock by the beds chimed. Thinking nothing off it I rolled over to face the door. As I laid there a bright light (like Tinkerbell) came through the bedroom door and floated to my bed. I knew immediately that it was my best friend's Mom. I had never met her so I said "thank you Mrs. D for inviting me to your home". I then rolled over to face the wall and fell asleep.

The next day I told her daughter what happened. When I mentioned the clock her eyes got real big and she said "that clock has not worked in years"...

Other hauntings by lbs2011

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lbs2011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Ibs2011--I enjoyed your account of the chiming clock and the floating light. It does seem very likely that the visitation you experienced was the mother of your friend. I have heard (and experienced) an unseen ticking clock in conjunction with a paranormal incident but was intrigued to read of an experience being preceded by a clock chime.

As in my incident, it seems the phantom chiming was to get your attention and the light was the mother paying you a brief and reassuring visit. Thanks for sharing your subtle and straightforward experience.
RadioGuy42 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-14)
Has anyone else in the house experienced anything strange?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: