You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The Myrtles Plantation: File #2 (the Voices)

Real Ghost Stories

The Myrtles Plantation: File #2 (the Voices)

 

Last year (2014) around Halloween, I and my fellow paranormal investigator (the only one left on my team at the time) decided to try something new: we brought in a medium to the plantation. This guy was someone that we both knew and we both also knew that he had several near death experiences as a child. This had left him extremely sensitive to the entities that haunt this world. I don't know if any of you believe in that sort of thing, but we said "what the hell" and decided to give it a try. Little did we know that this decision would lead to some of the most frightening voices that I and my fellow investigator have ever heard.

We began our investigation at the gazebo in the center of the pond/moat located behind the plantation house. We began an EVP session and we asked several questions about the spirits who reside there.

We were not catching any breaks, so I decided to single out one of the spirits: Katherine Winters. I called out her name and asked if she was with us. We all immediately heard the water splash behind us as if someone had jumped in. This startled us and I pressed on with my questions. The medium we had brought began to cough and retch. My fellow investigator helped him sit down while I yelled the final question: "Come on, Kate! Are you too afraid?! Talk to us!" The medium began to be physically ill and we had to leave the area. When we reviewed the EVP session, what we heard scared all of us. As I asked my final question, "Are you too afraid", we all heard a distorted male voice clearly ask back "ARE YOU?"

We were all frightened by the voice, but pressed on with the investigation, vowing not to run away like we did before in the investigation titled File #1 (The Electric Touch). We went to a grove of trees and began another EVP session. It was not long before our medium was again feeling physically ill. The medium walked up to my recorder and asked "Who is the one who keeps affecting me?" After we reviewed the session, we all heard the second intelligent response of the night, an answer the medium's question: "I AM."

We recognized that voice as the same one from the moat. We became even more frightened when we realized that the same entity was following us. My fellow investigator wanted to do one last EVP session at the Caretaker's Cottage, and despite my better judgement, I agreed. As we conducted the session, my fellow investigator heard something dragging inside the cottage, but I and the medium could not. When we reviewed the session we did hear dull dragging coming from inside the cottage. We felt a familiar presence watching us, and the medium advised that we leave immediately. We agreed and ended the investigation there.

I have been in contact with the medium since then, asking if he would like to come back and do another investigation with us. He told us:

"If you are going back to the Myrtles, then no. Whatever entity has familiarized itself with the two of you over there, I don't want any part in it."

That chilled my blood, and he hasn't gone back since. And to tell you the truth, I myself am very wary about venturing back.

Other hauntings by J_M_Shepard

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, J_M_Shepard, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cosmos (26 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-01-21)
Hello J M Sheppard,

Thank you for posting this experience, it's surely a chilling one. I can see that this is an old post so not sure if you will read this but I still hope you will.

The name, Kathrine Winters you called out that night. Is the same one that was lost more than a century ago (Cathrine Winters)?

Http://www.whereiscatherinewinters.com/

I found this interesting story on the net about Cathrine, the child that Who was lost long time ago, please see the link above. It seems like it's a popular hunt for many. So, I was wondering if it's the same person you were trying to reach that night, and any particular reason for that particular person?

Although, you already mentioned that provoking was not the best way to communicate with this spirit, I wonder why your medium friend didn't lead the communication part with the spirit. I wonder what was the reason bringing a medium to a investigation and not let him do the work. I wonder what was his role in this investigation?

I guess, if the communication with the spirit was done more positively your medium friend probably wouldn't be s as better help and he wouldn't feel that ill on each attempt.

I would also be interested to listen to the recording. Perhaps if YouTube doesn't work putting the file on Dropbox and sharing the link with us would do the work.

Once again thank you for the post.
J_M_Shepard (3 stories) (23 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-15)
db:
I am trying to upload them to YouTube, but it is proving difficult. As soon as I have the EVPs uploaded onto my YouTube page, I will copy and paste the links into a new comment on this story.
db (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
Hi J M Shepard, That is a chilling account. Will you be able to upload the recording so we can hear it? Thanks for sharing!
J_M_Shepard (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-08)
Hi Tweed.
I was wondering when you were going to put in your 2¢. You are absolutely right about the provocation. In all truthfulness, I felt bad about using provocation on a little girl spirit, when it shouldn't have been used at all. But still, I think you are correct when you state that our attitude going in that night was in response to me being scratched by the dark entity from The Dark Area, and I do believe that it (whatever it is) was waiting for us. There is one more thing that happened later on that night, but that will be recorded in my next MP File on this site. That event is what confirmed to me that I was being targeted by a not so nice entity.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-11-08)
J M, for goodness sake.

I was about to ask:
'In what universe is taunting reactions from ghosts an ethically sound practice?'
Then I read the comments. Glad you've learned that lesson. I agree with Chapulin, a peaceful approach is a good idea always. Maybe, just maybe, the investigation group's attitude going into the evening the electric shock happened played a part. I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of territorial mentality for that presence too. You ghost hunters, man... I just don't get it. Please remember you are encroaching on their (ghosts/entities) space, not the other way around.

All this from someone who tells ghosts to F off by the way. Only when they annoy me in my space, and nearly always ghosts I've a mutual understanding with. Wouldn't ever venture into an unfamiliar haunted location and entice a cuff up. I'd be better off mooning a cop.
J_M_Shepard (3 stories) (23 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
Chapulin:
The only spirits that I choose to provoke are the ones that do harm to and terrorize the living. As I said, I haven't done any provocation since then, and I honestly don't think I will again. There was too much unwanted attention from this entity that has seemingly familiarized itself with us... And I believe that this entity is the same one detailed in an earlier story titled The Myrtles Plantation: File #1 (The Electric Touch).
chapulin1234 (guest)
+3
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
Thanks Aaron- I just don't like "investigations" where people is bullying spirits, I just think everyone (live or dead) deserves respect 😁
chapulin1234 (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
Thanks Aaron - I just don't like when people run investigations by calling the spirits names and stuff. 😭, be well 😁
Claudia
J_M_Shepard (3 stories) (23 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
Chapulin:
Please forgive me, but I was trying out provocation (a very poor choice) and I have never used it again since that night. There was a lot of activity because of it, but we were attracting the wrong kind of attention. In a sense, yes it was bullying, but as I said I have never used provocation since that night.
chapulin1234 (guest)
+7
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
Investigation methods?, sorry but it sounded to me like you were bullying them,
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
thanks for the story.

If you know someone that could give you a proper cleansing before and after then it may be worth going back and trying to confirm the evidence you have already gathered.

The other thing is to listen to that little voice inside, good luck and I hope you keep us in the loop and some more stories. 😊
kaykay3313 (guest)
+3
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
If I was you I wouldn't go back there it's sounds like a mean spirit if he was trying to affect the medium like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: