You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Can See, Feel And Hear Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

I Can See, Feel And Hear Spirits

 

I started having experiences with spirits about a year ago, around the time my brother died.

I can feel if there is a spirit in a room. It's very hard to explain. I can sense if there is a spirit in a room, because it will give off a sort of energy.

One time I was home alone, and I just felt this dark ominous presence fill the room, and the room seemed to get darker. Then it was gone as quickly as it had come.

I have also heard whispers around me when no one is there. One time, when I was in my bed, I was facing the wall, and I heard these snarls and growls and hisses right next to my ear. When I jerked around, no one was there.

I have heard footsteps, doors and windows slam when I'm alone. One time, I was at a store and I was alone in the aisle, and a bunch of items flew off the shelf. I don't mean fell, I mean they were flung off the shelf, and I was the only person there.

I have also seen people that will be there one moment, then gone the next. Or I'll see the outlines or shadows of what looks like people. One time I saw two people behind me, when I was looking through a reflection of a window.

The point of this, is I'm wondering if there is anyone else like me here on this website. Because honestly, even though all these things happen frequently, it still kind of scares me, and I'm wondering if they are trying to contact me or tell me something.

I've heard of people who have had experiences like these, and I'm just wondering if there are people like those on this website, that may help me. Because I have very confused, and I could use some advice.

No, I'm not crazy. And no I'm not making this up, I could really use some advice.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RachelMorris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

hunter123 (2 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
i can see and here sence and touch ghost and I see death glows and I was scared once but I'm not you get used to it I see ghosts with faces gone
Unpunown (2 posts)
-4
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
Are your story real? Or is it just for the audience spookiest story staged.
If it is real, then help those spirits or save yourself.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Hi there Rachel,

I'm very sorry for your untimely loss.

You're really not alone in seeing/feeling/hearing ghosts. There's quite a few people on here like this, I'm one. For people who are sensitive it's pretty 'normal' and not surprising when you consider how many ghosts are about. Good news is, you'll get to 'know' some of the ghosts, as some will be around you in a protective capacity. Please look into cleansing/shielding, this'll help the 'good ghosts' keep any negative ones at bay. I don't mean to scare you, cleansing/shielding is a good idea for everyone.

Ghosts show up everywhere but their presence isn't always linked to us, just because we know they're there. For example my neighbours have, I assume, passed loved ones visit them. These ghosts started to enter my home at the same time these neighbours moved in. Funny as it may sound, these same ghosts are not comfortable with me seeing them and politely leave when I do. I mention this because it's important to highlight the mundane ghost encounters we 'sensitives' often encounter.
You can hone your abilities with meditation, likewise you can block them if you wish.

Hope this gave you some perspective. Feel free to ask questions. Take care of yourself, you've been through a lot lately and all this must feel overwhelming. Do look into meditation.
michelelee (1 stories) (2 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
Rachel, You are not alone. I have always been able to feel when there is a spirit or entity in an area around me and I have always had feelings about certain buildings, houses, and even open areas in the country (some places terrify me for no known reason). I have been like this since I was a child around 5 or 6 years old. I saw my first pair of spirits (an older woman and young boy) when I was that age in my parents house - and it was not a dream. I was wide awake, talked to them and can still describe their clothing to this day, and I am 52 years old now. It is possible that you have some psychic abilities and your brother's passing was a trigger that has brought them out. With things being thrown around, it could be someone trying to get your attention or possibly poltergeist activity. As far as growling and snarls, you should do something about that, possibly a cleansing which can be done with sage. See if that helps. Talk to a medium and see if they can give you more advice. If you are alone and hear loud noises or see things being thrown, ask out loud if someone is trying to get your attention and if they need help or have a message for you. Have a tape recorder going because sometimes you can get EVPs which can give you the answer you are looking for. Don't automatically be scared of seeing reflections of people, because most of the time, spirits are not out to hurt you. 😁
sereneamour (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
Hi, I do felt their presence when they are around me too but they don't disturb me. I don't have that strong presence like yours until you heard them.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
Rachel,
May I ask how old you are? Much of the activity you describe could also fit poltergeist activity, which is often the by product of our own pubescent energy. I wonder about this especially since it started around the same time as your brother's passing. So you're dealing with a lot of raw emotion there too. I am sorry you've had to deal with that, but it could have been your 'trigger'.
I know it sounds weird, but in cases like this your age actually helps us to define the best advise for you.
You aren't alone.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
First of all, I'm sorry for your loss.
I, personally, have no experience in this field, but the fact that everything began after your brother's passing makes me wonder if he is the one trying to communicate with you or trying to get your attention.
Perhaps the next time you feel a presence you could ask 'it' not to scare you and better 'talk' to you in a dream? During our sleep we are more open to contact with spirits and we do not try to rationalize the 'impossibility' of communicating with a departed person.

Do not despair, you are not crazy... Things like these really happen.

I'm sure one or more of the more experienced members of the forum will soon give you their advice.
Minxiekitten (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
I wish I could offer advice (though having lurked unregistered for a long time, I suspect someone like Rook or Tweed could help). I can offer empathy, however; I have sensed things many a time (my reiki master tells me I'm a medium, but refuses to train me until I'm less ill) so I really know where you're coming from. It can be pretty unnerving, no?
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
Well, you have had quite the experiences!

I do not have quite the ability as you do, but I have occasionally heard and seen my fair share of ghost. My advice to you is try to ignore them. Or, if they do ask for help, help them.

As for the ones who are growling/snarling/hissing, I would do something about that. Cleanse your house. Try to rid yourself of those spirits who seem like they might hurt you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: