You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Strange Object In The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Object In The Woods

 

I'm sure you will agree that encountering a ghost ranks right up there on the Richter scale of scary as one of the most bizarre, metaphysical stories we might come to share huddled around our campfires on a chilly night. With your permission, I have another story to tell, arguably not the same as a ghost, but just as unusual, nevertheless.

I was 14 when what should have been an unforgettable life-changing event happened to me. More precisely, this happened to both me and my stepfather way back in the early 1960's while we stomped around deep in the woods one misty October morning. Over the years that followed, neither of us ever spoke regarding it. Not one word did we share, unaware it ever happened. And it's too late now.

You see, my memory of the event returned only after my stepfather, and God rest his soul, passed away from a well-aimed self-inflicted gun shot to his head. Not saying when his memory returned, or if it ever did. But I do wonder about him pulling that trigger. He might of remembered.

As I was saying -- those woods - It should be understood the woods were generally an ignored expanse lurking at the outskirts of town, where decades of undisturbed grasses and twisted trees coexisted with the rusted wire boundaries of the near defunct Olin factory, a struggling Southern Illinois ammunition plant and home to those nationally distributed (you may have seen one) red road-side emergency flares.

The woods simply put were a no man's land. Isolated and devoid of life, save it for the occasional darting rabbit, or croaking frog, or maybe the late afternoon harrowing 'screech' of one lonesome katydid calling from any of a thousand shadowed entanglements alongside the gentle creek that meandered quietly, almost snake-like, inside this place of isolation. I loved it there.

It was on this one afternoon, my trusty. 22 rifle in hand, while traversing along the banks of this wooded creek, that I spied what I thought to be a child's wagon sitting further back from the water's edge.

Upon closer examination, its size was about right, but this metallic-looking, two-tone thing, a light-grey on top and a light-blue on bottom, was of a different shape. There were two tubes extending its length, one on each side, with a flat, boxed-in area on top between the tubes. A sort of truck bed, I thought. But more so, this thing might make a sporty raft; and the flat area, a perfect place for standing with pole in hand. Put this in some pond water... Yeah the fun from it sure seemed promising. And for that matter it might just as well make for a nice spaceship, came to mind. Confused over such thoughts, I stood looking in wonderment:

But for those tubes -- and no place for wheels -- and that streamlined, metallic look -- well? -- I just didn't know what the heck it was.

Whatever it was it was certainly off the beaten trail. And it surely hadn't floated here for it was too far from the water to be connected. And it made no sense for someone to drag it here just to abandon it.

But as much as I was wanting this makeshift raft, I finally decided it would be too much for me alone to lug home. That's when I thought of my step dad, I would ask for his help. We'd return the following day, he would later agree, and determine then whether it was worth dragging home.

The morning came and we headed out. Again me toting my.22. I always took my rifle when walking those woods, for target practice mostly, but also the comfort it gave me having protection against the unknown. Wish I'd left it home that day.

With some initial difficulty, I located the object. Hidden in among the camouflage, we had walked right past it. "It's sure going to make a great raft," I found myself thinking out loud. But taking a closer look, noted to my dismay a large crack across the flat area.

How could I have missed something like that?

I'm not sure who spoke first but the conclusion was this 'thing' was worthless; impossible to repair. As we turned to leave, movement caught my eye.

I stopped, aware my step dad had also stopped. But when I went to speak, or turn in his direction, I couldn't do either. I was restrained, literally frozen from head to toe. But frozen didn't keep me from seeing the two approaching creatures.

In no time -- Two, huge and bulky, 7 or 8 foot humanoid 'reptilians' stood towering over us. I couldn't do a damn thing other than stand fixated; silently screaming, extremely horrified.

How odd it was that our 'reptilian' confronters were wearing uniforms; an odd thought to have all itself. A form fitting cut from what looked to be brown canvas. Complete with boots, gloves and matching skull cap.

Surprising me equally, if not more so, was the one speaking: I was hearing English. But hearing the words in my mind only.

The one speaking was loud and angry. And addressing me! Menacingly drawing nearer, asking if I had intentions of shooting him?

Pointing towards my rifle, he repeated his question: Just as loud and just as angry, but nearer and all the more threatening. It was at this time that his companion, and thank God for him, stepped forward, and in a much calmer voice said "... Stop, this is a child, he is of no threat to us."

Unable to move, still screaming inside, my eyes strained for Dad. I could see him standing there, the tears running down his cheek.

The much calmer 'reptilian' seemed to be in-charge. And for that I will be eternally grateful, for he communicated on a friendlier, reassuring basis. We learned that yes the metallic object was a spaceship. And that these two beings were explorers, on a mission the nature they did not share. Our fears were quieted as the calmer one continued, saying they would not harm us, saying they intended to release us, saying we would soon forget our encounter. Words and concepts that came ever so pleasing to my mind's ear. With passage of time, and nerves settling all around, I alone was permitted a limited exchange of thought, much as one would do verbally, but using mind only. The angrier 'reptilian' having placed himself in front of Dad.

When I questioned how is it two large (whatever they were?) could fit inside such a small space as that toy-sized wagon? A chuckle was heard. It was explained they possess technology allowing them to shrink their ship -- the smaller size giving an advantage in avoidance. It was by sheer chance that we had stumbled upon it. Any damage to their ship was a mind trick. That they were aware of me the day prior. That they had chosen not to confront me then but became curious when more of our kind returned. What they actually were is still a conundrum.

There is little more to say. I do have vague memory of Dad and me walking, and the trees and such moving steadily past. Dazed, neither of us speaking, just headed for home. And very relieved to be doing so.

Sincerely,

Jerry Bridges

Spring Branch, TX 78070

Other hauntings by JerryB

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JerryB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-23)
Hi Jerry

Wow - What a tale (of the unexpected! LOL sorry couldn't help it)

If I had seen these lizard people I think I would of cried if I could too. I say that this sort of thing happening is not something I would choose to remember if I had a choice. I do however believe in lizard people and would just like to say thanks for sharing your experience. Its opened up a whole discussion of possibilities that I am trying to explore myself. Well written. Well Done.

The rest of the posters on this thread - thanks for also adding more info for me to explore - plenty of food for thought.

All we need to do now is work out how to get the rest of the world to open their eyes to what's going on right under their noses.

They say ignorance is bliss, personally I think its just stupid!

Anyway that's me done, this is going in my favs.

Merry Christmas Everybody! The future is coming ๐Ÿ˜
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
Thanks Jerry... I don't get the emails, but I do pop into EH on a fairly regular basis. There's still a lot on there I haven't got to yet. I'm so glad you're enjoying it! ๐Ÿ˜
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Caz. FYI, I receive daily email links to Educating Humanity. I may have told you that already. This morning came a link up with a Saturday Night Live (SNL) comedy sketch related to three witnesses reporting to The Pentagon their individual encounter with a UFO. Good for a chuckle or two, and related (maybe stretching it calling it that) to my story here. Thanks again for that website.
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-26)
Thank you again for your welcomed comments regarding our Thanksgiving Holiday celebration. Those that are celebrating same, I send my best wishes. And to say, you too may have also noticed how holiday celebrations have morphed so drastically, (thanks to big store greed for wanting more and more of the good old American $$) that such actually no longer resembles what started the event in the first place. For example here it is Thanksgiving but I have personally been noticing Christmas trees and blinking colored lights and targeted tv commercials and music, and what have become other Christmas related items, in stores as early as the day after Halloween. Thanksgiving Day has almost but disappeared in all that, again because the stores must have figured out where more of the $$ really is. I like all the holidays and celebrate each in my own way, regardless. Today is a family day regardless of what the powers to be would foster upon us. Now that may have sounded a tad bitter but not my intention, I just wanted to say thank you, and check in and see what you folks are saying about ghost and related matters.

Caz.
Thank you for sharing that personal info on yourself. Pure Scottish, I like that. I like your whiskey and your candy (butterscotch just happens to be one of my favorites - ha) -- I'm being silly aren't I. Sorry, couldn't help myself. I was surprised to hear you have 2 daughters (1/2 & 1/2 you say) and a husband named Jerry -- good name! I've never been to Scotland but my oldest daughter, Heather, a few years ago decided that's where she wanted to go so she volunteered as an Au Pair and off she went for nearly a year. Took care of two little Scottish girls. Loved it there she says.

RedWolf.
Sitting at our table to-day will be three of my seven grandchildren and a son in law with Sioux Indian bloodlines. Can't get any more Thanksgiving spirited than that around this household. Thought you might appreciate me saying that considering your own Native American heritage.

Well, I'd better get myself busy, things to do. Rainy here to-day.
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-26)
Daz...Yes, the Government, probably Eisenhower at the start, struck a deal with the aliens, which I believe was 'us' in exchange for technology and without knowing the details, perhaps they could take so many per year, I'd guess that part of that deal would have included a condition that we had to be returned safely to our beds. However... While the aliens may have stuck to that for a time, I think they realised that actually, they could do anything they damn well pleased and there wouldn't be a thing we could do about it! Whilst we know that abductees do get returned to their beds, I don't believe they 'all' do! I think the aliens races have their own agendas and 'not all are good'! Think about the thousands of people who go missing every year and are never seen again, dead or alive. It's as though they have disappeared off the face of the earth and perhaps some literally have! Of the abductees who are returned to their beds, many of their lives have been ruined! They constantly live in fear both for themselves and their children who are often abducted too! As for the 'wiping us out', they won't do that, but there is a plan to wipe most of us out and enslave the rest, but that's the Illuminati, so I'm not sure how involved the aliens are in that! If you haven't already, please do watch that film 'THRIVE' that I recommended! Meanwhile, have a lovely Thanksgiving Day and a wonderful visit with your son! ๐Ÿ˜
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-26)
Lord, I don't even know what all is wrong with me...but...'Have a cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down'...that sounds just about right to me, haha,
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-26)
To all of my American friends here I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Also I once told an English friend that England should also celebrate this day. After all they did get rid of a bunch of people that didn't want to be there anyway.
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-26)
Jerry
The weirdest non- paranormal (?) thing that has ever happened to me was at a retirement party for the director of the Special Ed. Dept... A lot of people knew I had back problems. This one woman noticed that I was rubbing my back a lot and came over to see if I was okay. She asked how I was and I told her I was getting back surgery but I have an extra vertebrae in my lower back. All our a sudden she was shaking my hand then grasping both of my hands and was telling me what an honor it was to know me. I asked her what she was talking about. In return she asked me if I ever went out at night and stare at the sky and wonder what was out there? I said yes, she asked me a few more questions and said she knew I was highly intelligent. I asked her what was going on. She told me I was a Star Child. I told her that I had never heard of such a thing. She told me that people born with an extra vertebrae had an ancient recessive (alien) gene that only 1 in about a million more or less people shows up in. I was doubtful and thought the woman was a little nuts. I related the story and my youngest son searched on the computer. Wouldn't you know he found a website about it and he said mom the lady wasn't crazy after all, it's all right here. We reviewed it, and sure enough according to the criteria they put forth I am a Star Child.
I still find it hard to believe. Beam me up Scotty fix my back then beam me back down by Christmas. ๐Ÿ˜†
Regards
Red
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Daz...I'd love to answer your post now, but it's past my bedtime, so I'll answer it in the morning if that's ok as I've a few points to make! Good night all... Sweet dreams! ๐Ÿ˜
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
I live in England with my English husband Jerry, but I'm Scottish through and through! My two daughters are half and hawf! ๐Ÿ˜
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Caz, some of those questions and points are good ones, why don't these E.T's just kidnap these oil tyrants and environmental rapist and educate them about the environment instead of picking on ordinary people probing their bodies and raping their minds with subliminal suggestions and fear... Hmmm my answer to that?...when I was 13, along with a classroom of pupils our science teacher made us cut open a rat and pull out it's organs just for the exercise of learning, at least these E.T's put us back in our bed in one piece. We humans are so egotistical and selfish in nature, we can't stand the thought of there being another intelligent species out there in our galaxy that far superior and advanced to us, that they would view us like rats themselves and what? We somehow have a right to object to these abductions all because it's unfair and not the best of british, "hah" the hypocrisy in that, what am I eating for dinner tonight... There are no laws among these E.T. Races that stop them from experimenting on humans except I'm sure they do not want to wipe us out... Apparently our government's are in on these abductions for the exchange of technology and that would be right wouldn't it? And kidnapping one of these oil tyrants would be like kidnapping a member of ISIS... The ideology will still be there, you can't change the coarse of a river by picking on one dumb fish among a river of many... The change in the world, has to come from the mass consciousness of it's people and our attitude towards many aspects of our civilization. Starting point for mine is to view ourselves as earthlings, not as Australian, American,black,white or blue,Christian, Muslim or what ever... Disclosure on E.T.s and setting up these free energy devices in country's like Africa might just change the flow of a river... Building more bombs and nonsensical wars demonstrates how immature we are... Anyway these discussion have been interesting, have a happy thanks giving day, my son is in the states ATM and I'm on holidays soon and look forward to meeting up with him... Take care all!

Regards Daz

Regards Daz
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Caz. So "sweet" (ha) of you saying that. Seriously thank you. Can I ask where you live by country?
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
PS...Jerry, also meant to say I've been watching Bill Hicks and enjoying him very much, so thanks for that!
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Jerry...Wishing you and your family a lovely Thanksgiving Day tomorrow! ๐Ÿ˜
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Great way for me to start out my day, coming first here to this YGS site and then based upon what I see here I'm off to YouTube to watch a video or two. This morning I watched a video of, again as you suggested, Jim Sparks, never heard of him before this. Some of the other people who spoke, yes I have heard of and have in some cases heard related and detailed accounts from.

Listening to Jim Sparks I hear mention of my own similar experiences. This is not going to sound very well thought out, or an intelligent response, but -- Wow!

Reptilian aliens, telepathy, paralysis, abductions (the last subject is something I haven't discussed with anyone, ever but do have some vague memory of myself -- not exactly as clear as Jim Sparks recounts but some similarities nevertheless). I would love to go into more details right now but have to get my day started as things need to be taken care of around the home here as preparations await for family gathering here tomorrow, I.e., our annual Thanksgiving Holiday. BBQ and outdoor kitchen awaits my elbow grease, cleaning, among other tasks already assigned to me.

Got to get back with this, and I will, as soon as possible. Later.

PS
One more thing, yes that name John Titor, time travele, that's right. I had some things not quite right but that's the guy I read about. Don't know much about it but additional research awaits. It may not go anywhere, it seems what I do know it may be a hoax, maybe not. But thanks for helping with that.
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Daz...This is the first thing I've read re Jim Sparks and I thought you may find it of interest! I'm a bit shocked, but without knowing anything else about the man, this letter rings true! Http://ufotheater.com/an-open-letter-to-jim-sparks/
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Daz...If we can go 'walkabout' during our sleep state and interact with dead relatives, who knows what's possible? ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'm off to hunt down Jim Sparks! ๐Ÿ˜
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Jerry, check out Jim Sparks on youtube, this guy has made it passed my B.S radar at this point, I think he's the real deal, he has been abducted for about the last 20 years and talks about meeting a time traveller in a bar and guess what mate, that conversation took place via telepathy. He has also travelled into the future which leads me to ask this one question. Is having a precognitive dream a form of time travel? If we have three states of mind, the physical, the subconscious mind and our eternal higher self, is it possible when we dream, we lower our consciousness unknowingly into the fabric of the universe where there is no space or time and our higher self can access the domino analogy? If it's not time travel then what the heck is it? We don't seem to ask these questions enough do we at this point of time in our history!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Jerry,

I believe you mean John Titor.

Look up Coast to Coast (late night radio show) and search the site... Many interesting shows... Be careful it can get adictting.

Respectfully,

Rook
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
I must apologize for jesting with a subject I seriously do believe either is, or will be, therefore it must be now possible. If it will be then is (as in right now) can be traveled to (from a date in the future when this time travel became possible) and not only -- is -- but was (as might be any date in the past).

A few months back, I saw on the Internet a story of a person who wrote on one of the many forums that he was a visitor from the future. There was big fadoo about this guy who claimed that he was a lower ranking military enlisted guy who was basically made, directed to time travel. That he went back and visited with himself and his father and mother. That he was looking for something related to an early computer chip that was no longer made that it had some major significance for his time. As I recall he claimed time travel was perfected but basically limited to about 30 years in either direction.

His name and what became of this has escaped me. Anyone have any input to this?
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
You know I became really interested in time travel when I was around 13, and why I remember that is because I had this illusion one day while walking down the street that I saw myself there, waiting for me, knowing I had come back from the future and wanted to speak with myself. And as I got closer there I was sitting in this big black car, top hat and gloves, and seeing myself like that scarred me away and I never got around to talking to myself. I said I would always remember I was 13 when this happened, because that is what I was, 13.

Now if you believe that...
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
-- aussiedaz -- I don't believe you had even one misspelled word in all that.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
Guys, I have a theory on time travel and how these E.T's move through the universe if you're interested... When you do your homework and study the double slit experiment, intangible particles and consciousness, you come to the understanding that matter is basically an illusion of the mind and there is no such thing as time only motion... Now imagine a row of domino's stacked up in single file, going all the way back in time of which we understand it, to the big bang (14 billion years ago). Can you imagine that first domino falling onto the next one and creating motion? That motion is the present time and reality for who ever exist with in it, even though we are moving forward in motion, the domino's of yesterday are still standing there in static motion and the domino's of tomorrow are ready to fall, can you imagine that? Ok here's where it gets crazy, as soon as we expanded our technology and consciousness enough for time travel to be possible a new probabilistic future was given birth too, we created another motion of domino's falling and a new reality way out in front of our own motion of time about 50, 000 years ahead... So now we have two present civilizations existing in motion separated by about 50, 000 years if you can imagine that, what we work out and master in this future reality, is the means to lower our consciousness under the domino's right into the fabric of the universe and resurface any where we want to along the row of domino's via my own analogy and in accordance with intangible particles, where two particles can interact simultaneously anywhere in our universe with out the need of space or time... These E.T's are most likely our ancestors from the future on a different timeline.

Regards Daz.
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
Jerry...Yes, I've watched them more than once myself! I know about his father and I thought there was some connection to the Phil.Ex. This particular article was saying how some of the men on board were partially 'melded into the ship' when it reappeared and some of those were still alive! Others could not be seen, yet could be heard! ๐Ÿ˜ข
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
Yes everyone, I follow exactly what you are saying in this regard. Can't say that about many other things but in this case -- exactly.

Good Caz, I may watch it all again myself. I did stay up last night and rewatched the videos of Philip Schneider again. Not sure how many times that is now. It's okay, never enough. By the way his father was a German U- Boat Captain.
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
Jerry, you can count me in on the voters list and though I've never saw an alien, I have had several really good UFO sightings, but for now, I'm busy watching the Citizen Hearing On Disclosure on YouTube! Thanks Daz! ๐Ÿ˜
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
It's a tough one to answer Rook, but I think amnesty to all of those involved is a starting place, we have to let them off the hook because we need them to come forward and bring to light the technology they have and the only way to do that is by guaranteeing them they'll walk free...it's going to hurt a lot of people because some bad stuff has gone down and all of us have been lied to for so many years... But that old saying the truth will set you free, the president and mainstream media need to be unshackled to do the the necessary P.R work, we are resilient we humans, we will adapt and move forward.

Regards Daz
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
I have to agree... Media and the networks in general have put blinders on the Public... Anything truly newsworthy seems to get buried underneath stories of 'did you see what piece of clothing the Kardashian's lost today?' Either that bit of fluff or no mention of it at all.

Or they cover the stories at Holloween... And make them seem like 'haunted house scares' thus reducing the story as back page filler. Disclouser is needed... The question is how?

Respectfully,

Rook
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
Dr Greer is a brilliant man Jerry, did you know after he spoke to Clinton they offered him a billion dollars to keep quite?...Here's a man who walked away from his medical profession where he was on about 1.8 million a year to take up the ball in Ufology for about 200, 000 a year... Offered an unbelievable amount of money and knocked it all back, because of the crime on humanity and the need for disclosure... One of your host from 60 minutes wanted to do a story on him and arranged to meet up with him at his house... Dr Greer received a phone call from this host who informed him, they wouldn't let him do the interview... Dr Greer asked, who are they? (reply) You know who they are Dr Greer and this is the big problem Jerry. They have mainstream media that tied up, there is no such thing as free press in the states any more IMO. The Citizens hearing on disclosure should have been a media's delight worth big bucks in advertising... The disclosure movement should have been offered millions in exclusive rights of coverage that should have had millions of Americans interested and watching the hearing. Not a whisper of interest from any of them in the press gallery of Washington of all places...I'll be called a conspiracy theorist, but I know bullshiat when I see it!
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
Hey guys, if anyone is counting votes, count mine in because I'm also aware of the Disclosure Project and later the Citizen's Hearing, all week of it, loved it all. Dr. Greer is the one crucial link in all of this, no question in that. Thought that now finally Congress will listen, you can't have these kind of witnesses step forward and share their amazing stories without feeling, knowing disclosure is upon us. But disappointingly not one word on any of it since, except from people such as yourself who remember and have come to accept the truth in all of it. I'm one.

Soon, everyone.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: