You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: We Are Not Alone in our Flat

Real Ghost Stories

We Are Not Alone in our Flat

 

We moved into our flat in December 2001; I fell in love with instantly. The previous tenant had died in the October of 2001. She had lived here for 40 years.

Within weeks of us moving in, I was hearing footsteps going up and down the hallway. I could hear a man and woman conversing in the kitchen just to name a few of the incidents. Six months after we moved in, I woke to see a young girl of five years of age standing next to my side of the bed. I recall she was holding a doll, and she was looking at me like I was her mother.

Recent events include photographing a face, orbs and even recording e.v.p.s in our flat. I have seen a woman's apparition, been smacked on my backside including other activity.

I did some research on our property, and it turns out that where our flat stands was part of a property that belonged to a Barnabas Felton who died suddenly in his home in the 1800's. I live in a block of four flats which are positioned exactly where his house stood.

Barnabas Felton died from a heart attack shortly after going bankrupt. He named the close where I live now. He must still feel connected. I am not frightened by the events, including being shouted at by a disembodied voice.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rachel44, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
Oh, please, Rachel send in the photo's. I really am happy that none of these events scared you. A love for the home may be the connection for you and the ghosties. Thank you for your story.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-22)
Hi again, rachel44. I would be very curious to know what you found on the EVP's. Could you let us know what, if anything, was said? I'm interested.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Amazing!I would tell the voice to stop shouting at me. I hope they are good entities. Talk with them and pray to God to take them to heavan if they are good. The child thought you were her moher becuase you look exactly like her. The child's name is Sally I do beleive. She lived there around 1987 to 1993 I think. No I didn't do resderch.It's just that I get the feeling of these things. Hopefully my guesses are pricise!
With love,
Yuki
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
Well I have to say you are braver than I. That would have scared the life out of me. But with you not being scared, there may be a reason for that. Thank you for shareing, and yes let's do see the pictures. God Bless ❤
Rosemary (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
I think I would forget about the man from the 1800's and look more recently to the woman who lived in the flat for 40 years.
After she died she no longer decided to continue to live there just as thought she had never died.
This happens more often than we would like to believe.
Sometimes Spirits begin making themselves known if they think you are intruding, and sometimes they just want you to know they are alive and write a story about them like you have done.
If you know the ladies name you could speak to her and she will hear you.
Then you can ask her who the little girl with the Doll is.
And ask her who hit you on the backside, and if it was here was she just trying to get you to know she is there and acknowledge her.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
Thanks for sharing, I'm with everyone else I want to see the pics. What did the disembodied "thing" say to you?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
What an intriguing story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us and for sharing the history.

I would LOVE to see the photos you have and definitely hear more regarding your experiences and history ofthe property.

God Bless!
Prettiest_Girl_in_the_Morgue (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
I would like to hear more details... Sounds really creepy... Glad you're not scared though, I think I'd be terrified!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Hi Rachel44! Thanks for sharing your story. Please do send the pics, I'd love to see them as well. I wonder if it was Barnabas Felton who smacked your backside. It seems you are not afraid or, at the least, do not feel threatened in any way. That's a good thing as long as the ghosts don't start getting bothersome. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Hi, rachel44. Thanks for sharing your story with us, I really enjoyed it. I'm with Athena - give us the photos! I crave good ghost pics!
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Will you please submit those photos? Glad you are not afraid of the events...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: