You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Night I Saw Lady In White

Real Ghost Stories

The Night I Saw Lady In White

 

This incident changed my mind. At that time (one and a half year ago) me, along with my little brother and parents, lived in a 4 story building just near the road. It would take two minutes to get to the road. Our building was connected to road via a narrow road only meant for two wheeler. Also the building had an entrance gate. To enter the gate we had to take a sharp right because the building was on the end of narrow road.

It was around 20:30 that day. My mother was preparing a dish and ran out of a spice so she sent me to bring it from market. Market was just 5 minutes walk away, so I went on my own. I didn't even bothered myself about taking a flashlight because I considered myself brave. Also there were streetlights to illuminate the streets. It took me about 15 minutes to return back.

As I was approaching the gate of my building, the lights nearby started to flickering. I didn't paid much heed. At the same moment I felt a little bit chilly. I don't know why but I turned my head and looked back and what I saw is still giving me chills as I write this.

I saw a lady in white standing. It was dark yet I could see her. I couldn't see her lower half because it was kind of faded but I saw her face. It was something beyond compare. Something that would drive away all the happiness. I remember looking into her empty eye sockets. Rest I don't. My mother says I reached home looking as pale as death and fainted at door.

I had high fever for next 3 days. After that we called a priest and did some purifying rituals. Then I got alright. Still thinking about that night give me creeps.

Thanks for reading.:)

Other hauntings by psyketz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, psyketz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

phanhrut (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-24)
Probably, the lady wanted to say something to you or she might be angry with you and wanted to show he anger on you
psyketz (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-15)
Thanks everyone for reading my experience. I want to thank Priyanka, SDS, ashar:) Love and Respect everyone
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-13)
PriyankaMenon, SDS and Ashar, thank you for taking the time to explain some of your culture, it really means a lot!
I've also wondered about how much a fever is due social conditioning vs energy expelled during an encounter. It's cool getting your take on the subject and it makes a lot of sense. Thanks again! 😊
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
The fever issue is being raised too much. 😆

Let me say that ghosts are ghost. They do have types but are not bounded by religion. Though different religions have different definitions. But we must not forget that God is one and the truth has only one form. The perspectives may differ. And by the way its not too comman. Here on this site I have read various experiences from different countries, different religions who suffered illness or 'fever' after a paranormal encounter. Its not a case that only an Indian ghosts causes it but it varies from person to person. Even after seeing the same ghost number of times in my life of 17 years never I have suffered any illness. But my both friends who have experienced it when they were with me fell I'll the very next day. So its not the case of India. It depends upon the person, his mentality, his energy, his tolerance

Thanks!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
Hi psyketz, quite a creepy experience indeed.

Tweed and Miracles, I think Sheetal with his short and sweet comment and Priyanka Menon have given an excellent write-up about the Indian Culture and our view about paranormal.

Miracles, I don't find you as a racist. You are quite forthright in your comments and replies, as a Mod, and as far as I am concerned, it is required when you are one of the persons managing this site.

Well, in our culture, I would like to add that we have been and are being brought up with views, cautions and warnings about paranormal entities. Priyanka has listed the various entities. They are illustrative and not exhaustive. In Hindu culture, there are four vedas. The fourth one, "Atharva Veda" deals with paranormal, how to control them, how to use them for some purposes etc.

We have been brought up with the notion that the ghosts, spirits are generally negative and they would do harm. Hence, whenever there was a paranormal encounter or sighting, our energy levels go off due to that fear, more due to the mental conditioning and that might be one of the causes for getting fever. I had it on one occasion, which I narrated in one of my write-ups in this site.

Hope I have clarified to a satisfactory extent.

Regards and respects to you all.

SDS
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-08)
Hi Tweed
Yes you are right it's common in India after ghostly encounters people fall ill in worst cases sometimes even death. India is a country of where people from different language, region and religion stay together hence this country has numerous tradition and beliefs, therefore there are various types of ghost even the level of black magics are different sometimes they are so powerful that the curse even do not get lifted by religious saints the one who cursed only him/her can remove. If ghosts are good then they are very good they can guide you, protect you, warn you about something else. Once my friend was warned by an shadow to go home quickly as her mom was worried and yes when she reached her home her mom's tension was relived. But if the ghosts are bad they are utterly horrible. They will chase you, haunt you they are horrible enough to make you unconscious. They drain out whole energy. In order to save yourself you should have lucky stars, enough faith in God when you face one you should be able to chant God's name and prayers at that time and most important be strong. Unlike western countries we have various types of ghost such as spirits, bak, yakshini (female vampire), pisach (similar to vampires), chudail, pitra, jinn, lady in white saree at night, virikas, hadal, rakshas (demons), dayan, mohini (mostly sexual ghost), headless ghost (who will haunt you to help them find their heads) etc there are more list is endless whereas dark art to harm a particular person or whole family is done by pitra dosh, konkani dagad, karni, putting curse by magic. Dark arts are dangerous here as they involve ghosts to harm others sometimes these ghosts sre compelled to harm others by the use of dark magic. Some ghosts can even hypnotise you, make you work for them or make you their slaves.
psyketz (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-29)
YeseGrey15
Yes I asked my neighbour regarding any unpleasant incident and I found out that there lived a lady who practiced witchcraft. One day she disappeared and no one knows where she went. When I saw her I felt so much negativity. And yes I told my mom about this.

[at] Tweed I guess you got your answer

[at] roylynx Yes I asked my neighbor about this and found that there are 2 another people who have seen her. And I don't think I'm cursed.

[at] sheetal thanks:)
Thanks for your replies guys. I'm thinking about going there once again. What do you guys suggest?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Sheetal - thank you for the explanation 😊 It's very intriguing sometimes how people react differently to situations.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Sheetal, thanks for the info that explains it. I'd been wondering if it was a sign of evil and that would be why prayers etc are given as a precaution. Makes sense.
Thanks again! 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Hello, psyketz... Does your locality has any bad history? I mean some unnatural death? Does any one else seen her?

Hello, Tweed & Miracles51031

People suffered from fever as they get scared and in this condition they get sick. It is also believed that these evil spirit can cause Health deterioration at great level. Fever is just a initial stage which affects the body badly. This is a kind of indication that the spirit is malign ghost.

Hope I am able to describe it properly.

Do comment if you need any further explanation!

Regards,

Sheetal
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Do you know the lady or the possible story of her?
Is there anyone else whom encountered the same thing?
Do think you are cursed in some way?
Looking forward for your reply!

Blessings from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Tweed - how ironic LOL I voiced this same question to some friends this morning. I wasn't going to say anything here because I've been accused of being racist. Glad you brought it up 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Hi Psyketz,

This question is purely out of curiosity and open to anyone who may know.
Many ghost encounters from India result in the person suffering a fever the next day. Does this mean something within Indian culture?
YeseGrey15 (20 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Did you ever ask anyone if they knew about this lady?
Did you get sick when you looked at her?
Did you tell your mom what you saw?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: