You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Something Evil in my Aunt's House

Real Ghost Stories

Something Evil in my Aunt's House

 

When I was 15, we lost our home and had to move in with my aunt. It was definitely a full house. A lot of cousins along with my grandmother, my brother and myself all living together. I started noticing a lot of strange things almost immediately after staying there. Doors opening and closing on their own, footsteps moving up and down the stairs at night etc.

However, the most memorable to me took place one afternoon while I was downstairs in the den area. There were only 2 bedrooms downstairs, one at the bottom of the staircase and the other at the end of the hallway, in front of the den. I was in the den with my cousin Mark, his girlfriend and her 2 kids, and my other 2 cousins Kia and Tawana. Except for my aunt who was upstairs asleep, we were the only ones in the house. We were playing cards and listening to the stereo that was in Mark's room (the room in front of the den) when out of nowhere, we all heard a loud crashing sound stopping the music. Everyone jumped up in shock. Mark and I started to head for his bedroom when his girlfriend yelled out "who was that"! Everyone looked towards the room at the bottom of the stairs but nobody was there. She said that when we all got up after the loud noise she had seen someone walk out of that room and up the stairs. No one else had seen it but we all split up with Mark and I going into his room, while the girls went to check the upstairs. When we got into his room we were in total shock when we saw his stereo. It was on the floor and it had a big dent in the back of it, as if someone had hit it or something. It had been in the same spot for years and had never fallen or been moved before.

Just a few moments after our discovery, the girls came back downstairs also in shock. They told us that my aunt was still deep in her sleep, and that no one else was in the house. None of us could explain what had just happened. That was the most interesting thing to have happened to me while staying there. I haven't been there in a few years but my aunt still lives there. Maybe one day I'll go back to visit and see if there is still any activity.

I really enjoy this site because it gives me the opportunity to share my experiences with others who have had the same experiences as myself. At least all of you listen with open minds. Thank You All.

Other hauntings by futureghost211

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, futureghost211, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Has your Aunt ever experienced anything there? Or has it always been while she's sleeping? She might have a bit of poltergeist in her
futureghost211 (4 stories) (21 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
I just wanted to thanmk you all for your responses, however I do aplogize for my recent absence. I've been working alot. Thank you all so much.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
Hello Futureghost, I think the entity may have just been having a problem with your music 😊. I do not think it was an evil presence. Startling, yes, but not evil. Thank you for your story.
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Hi Futureghost211. I think the spirit detested the muzik that was been played on the stereo. You should take care of their interests also! LOL 😆.I guess that the spirit might wanted to gain your attention towards him so that you could feel his presence and his strength.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Hello Future, that was an amazing story! Maybe the entity didn't like the music. If you felt queasy in certain places then yes it's most likly to be huanted. The ghost is a little boy around the age of 10 to 14 I beleive. Creepy eh? Well hopefully my guess is correct and please tell us more!
~~
YUKI
futureghost211 (4 stories) (21 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts about this one. As far as anything still happening, I don't know since I haven't been over there for a few years now, but I'm sure it's still an active location. I can tell you all that this was the most memorable experience for me in that house, so that's why I wrote about it. Other things that took place there were minor compared to this. Things like footsteps on the stairs in the middle of the night. One time I was in the kitchen all alone when the front door opened and shut all by it's self. I actually saw it happen. 😨 Annie you may be right as far as it not agreeing with the music, it was a rap song 😆 I will never stay in that house alone. Thank you all for your comments.
Annie (202 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Sounds like the resident spirit didn't like your taste in music. 😁 Guess it was just trying to get it's point across. Though, not in a very polite manner!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Thank you for sharing your story with us, I enjoyed it.

You mentioned there where other occurances, can you elaborate on those? I would be very interested to read about them.

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Hi future ghost, I read your story and I would agree that there was something there but I wouldn`t say it was evil. There was not an attempt to harm any of you, your ghost merely threw a temper tantrum. Unless something other than this has happened, you had nothing to worry about.

Be Safe and God Bless
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Hey, I believe your story. You mentioned other things happened, so... Give us more! 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Hi future ghost. I read your story and I definetly agree with you that there was something in your aunts house. I liked reading your story. Has there been any more incidences after that? See you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: