You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone's Watching Over Me

Real Ghost Stories

Someone's Watching Over Me

 

When I was about age six I woke up early one Easter morning as I was anxious to see what the Easter bunny had brought that year and as I sat up in bed I was met with a six to seven foot man at the foot of my bed. There was a pause as I was confused to why he was there and who he was but after staring at him for several seconds and just maintaining eye contact without him saying anything or any kind of emotion on his face naturally I got scared and hid under my covers.

That was the first time I seen the "Tall man." After that I seen him quite a lot growing up, to the point where I was no longer not only unafraid of him but just accepted his presence. I'd see him as I'd walk into a room or when I woke up he'd be there or I'd catch him out of the corner of my eye. I never really questioned his presence until I got older then I just questioned my sanity until other people started seeing him too.

My mom came into my room one day when I was about fifteen and I was trying on different make up and my mom said "who are you talking to"? I told her I wasn't even talking. She said that as she was coming into my room she could see a really tall figure standing a few feet away from me through the crack in my door.

Then when I was about 19 maybe 20 my boyfriend and I had this apartment in a really old building which had haunts of its own, (that's an entirely different story though) and my best friend/cousin was staying the night and she spooks easily so she didn't want to sleep alone in that apartment so I slept out on the futon with her. She woke me up in the middle of the night with a wrought iron grip on my arm and her eyes were as big as saucers! Then I saw the tall man standing behind her beside the door to our apartment, in retrospect I should have reassured her but I just fell right back to sleep cause I was so used to seeing the tall man.

Well the next morning my boyfriend came out into the kitchen while we were having morning coffee and said "Babe! You'll never believe what happened last night! That Tall Man that you told me about was standing in the doorway to our bedroom!" My cousin was pretty upset with me because she had thought someone had broken into our apartment because we lived in a very bad part of town and she'd never seen a ghost before then.

Fast forward 5 years later, I had just recently started connecting with my mom's side of the family and I told my grandfather about the Tall Man and he told me he's my great great grand father from the 30'S, my great grandfather can still remember him when he was a boy! Said he was really tall and on the slim side & was an old farmer. My grandfather also told me that many of my cousins have seen him as well and my uncle even used to play checkers with him when he was very young! I felt so happy to hear that I wasn't the only one and that it's my ancestor, feels great and touching to know I have someone looking out for me from the other side.

Other hauntings by melodie31293

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melodie31293, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-28)
Loved your story. It's nice to know that someone is watching over you. Apparently this is a family thing your family is comfortable with. Perhaps your 2nd great grandfather just wanted to be kept in your memory so you'll continue the oral tradition when you have children.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-27)
Melodie, your Great Great Grandfather is Slender Man 😲!

Sorry couldn't resist! 😆

I really loved this. Is it wrong of me to be a bit glad your cousin got a scare? I don't know, I was pretty amused at that, especially your nonchalant reaction, very cool.

Thanks for sharing.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-26)
melodie31293, what fascinating, scary and somewhat sweet experiences you've had!

When I was reading your story, the first thing that popped into my head is that he could possibly be your spirit guide! I don't know much about guides, just, that they are supposed to lead you throughout your life, help you through good times and bad and are, specific, to your journey as a human being and spiritual soul. I referred to a guide who is, also, of an incredible height and build that my psychic friends have acknowledged and pointed out to me in my story; "Lost Loved 0nes Or Spirit Guides".

Usually, a person will have more then one spirit guide and up to three, but, it varies from person to person. It appears you have a very dominant, determined, accomplished and experienced guide, among other characteristics, too which is why I feel that you may see him, while, you don't always see your other guides. Also, maybe the connection between you two is highly significant which makes your communication more effortless than with other guides or ghosts.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
Hello Melodie. Love your story. One question tho, why is your great great grandfather showing itself to you and your other cousins?
prashantkumar (17 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
Very Beautiful story! That's the presence of comfort and supportiveness, rather than hate or for the motive of scaring the people.
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
Melodie31293-Thank you for sharing your story, I also feel I have someone who has always been there watching over me, it's nice to know they are there. I did find your Mother's response strange though, if I had seen a tall man in my 15 year old daughter's room, I would be asking, "Who was in your room, I just seen a man!" Did she hear voices when she was about to walk in?
Thanks for sharing
Trentinray

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: