You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Demon In White

Real Ghost Stories

Demon In White

 

So, my girlfriend just called me around 3am after leaving my house and was on her way back home. As soon as I answered I noticed that she was crying. She was freaking out and told me that she was scared and that she just seen a man, dressed in all white with a sheet or something covering his face (he didn't have eyes or facial features). She said he was about 2 feet off the side of the road and in the middle of a field. I was kind of lost for words and being that I too have witnessed some unexplainable things, I knew that she was sincere and was genuinely scared. I tried calming her the rest of her way home but when she got into her neighborhood/gated community, she screamed and told me that the street lights went out as soon as she turned onto the road. I really didn't know what to say.

A few moments later the phone started breaking up and a midst the static, I heard what sounded like children. I couldn't tell if they were laughing or talking, I just know that it sounded like children. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to scare her any worse than she already was but within 30 seconds after I heard the odd sounds she got really quiet and whispered, "I just heard a child f*****g giggle in my car". Instantly chills went through my body and I was once again speechless because she had no idea that I heard children just moments before.

It is now 4:28am and I'm unable to sleep because I'm afraid that something from my house followed her. My house was originally build in the late 1700's but has been built onto since then but the original parts are still here. I don't know the history of the house but I know that there's definitely something here. My mother, her boyfriend, my brother, my grandma, and myself have all experienced things here from knocking to footsteps to what sounds like chairs being dragged across the old wood floor.

A month or so ago I was sleeping when I awakened to sounds of rustling in my room. I pressed a button on my cell phone (to make the screen light up) and looked around but didn't see anything. I have 3 cats so I figured it was one of them so I tried going back to sleep. I continued hearing the sounds so I turned the flashlight on and made my way to the light switch and just as I went to reach for it, something growled at me. Not a animal like growl but more of a bone chilling deep growl. I hurried and flipped the switch and laid in bed until I fell asleep with the light on. My little brother asked why I slept with the light on and I told him but I don't think he believed me.

Well a few nights ago my girlfriend and I went to get food at around 1:45am (she works at a restaurant and closes so she doesn't get off until around 1). Anyways, on the way back my little brother sent me a text message saying that he wanted us to hurry home and that he was scared because something growled in his ear and told him to get out. Now my girlfriend is seeing/hearing things? I don't know what to make of this or know how to deal with it but for now, I guess all I can do is hope for the best. It's now 4:42am here in Beaver dam, Va and I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep or not but if anything else happens I'll keep ya posted.

Other hauntings by Aaron94

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aaron94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-23)
Hi Aaron
Regarding the figure in white on the road side. You seem prepared or even determined to completely disregard the most likely and plausible explanation and opt for an extremely improbable one.
The street lights going off, for example, could be that it was getting close to daylight so they switched off at a pre-determined time, or there was some kind of outage. Unless we can prove it was some kind of spiritual activity, we must assume otherwise.
The human capacity to imagine is very powerful indeed and a great tool, but it can be our undoing if not used with a logical discipline based on reason and logic.
I believe that if we don't remain grounded then we can too easily wander off into the realms of superstition and hysteria.
And that's not good for anyone who is genuinely attempting to understand actual spirit communication and appearances (which would be MANY people on this site and around the World)
I feel sorry for you or your girlfriend if you have been subjected to, or raised in an environment of intense fear of said "demons" or of inciting Gods wrath etc. Just because we see or experience something we can't logically explain, that doesn't make it a "demon" or of evil origins or motive.
Ignorance breeds fear.
Regards
Mack
Aaron94 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-23)
Okay, so first, the thing standing by the road couldn't have possibly been a drunk person because for one, there were no houses around, and for two, who stays up until 3am and stands in the middle of nowhere for who knows how long, wearing translucent white flowing sheet like clothing?

In response to the comment about the room in which the growling happened, the room was my room at one time but my brother moved out and I took over his room and when he decided to come back, he took my old room. I know for certain that my house is haunted by more than one entity. My brothers girlfriend has woken up and seen a dark creature with horns standing in the door way and she said that she tried to move and wake my brother up but she couldn't move or scream or anything, that's why her and my brother moved out. I had a similar experience a week or so ago except I woke up to hearing heavy breathing and I saw a silhouette of a little girl in the same doorway.

I tried finding history of the house but I couldn't find any online because this house is half a mile off the road and the road that its on, didn't always have the same name.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-17)
Hi Aaron
I'm not sure if you are serious or not when you submit a story called "Demon in White" then proceed to describe someone seeing a man dressed in white with a sheet of something over his face standing by a road.
Clearly if you think that's what a "demon" looks like, then please, if anyone asks you to join in a game of test cricket, (you might have to Google that Aaron) then either politely decline or agree to play, but only if you're the drinks carrier and those drinks contain holy water.
You'll need it... Lots of it!
Regards
Mack
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-17)
Aaron: facts about your girlfriend's "experience": a man wearing something like a bedsheet over his head, and the street lights going out.
Are these events unexplainable and enough to consider them a demonic encounter? I DON'T THINK SO.
It is possible that your "demon" was nothing else than a drunk playing a prank on the unsuspecting drivers going through that road.

Do you share a bedroom with your little brother or did he hear the growling in a different room? How come he didn't believe what you said if, according to your narrative, every member of the family have experience some paranormal activity in the house? Why did he text you instead of just going to your mother's room when he got scared?

Have you heard children giggles in your house? Have you or any other member of your family been followed before for any of the ghostly inhabitants of the house? Have you noticed any change in the activity of your house after this particular night, like if kid ghost packed his ghostly suitcases and moved out? Has your girlfriend experienced anything at her place or in her car?

I'm looking forward for an update on this experience, hopefully including all the possible logical explanations for these events.

Thanks for sharing.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-16)
Hi Aaron! Sounds like it may be time to do some research on your home and the surrounding area - the local library, any museums in the area (Scotchtown is nearby) and city hall are good places to start. Just in poking around on the Internet, I found a few things that could be of interest.
Here's an account of a local haunt:
Http://wtvr.com/2014/01/16/holmberg-mystery-history-ghosts-and-now-fire-haunt-historic-hanover-home/
And here is a survey of Historical resources in your area - see if your house or anything near it is listed:
Http://dhr.virginia.gov/pdf_files/SpecialCollections/HN-042_Survey_Historic_Resources_Hanover_1990_LCA_report.pdf
And an updated version of the same:
Http://dhr.virginia.gov/pdf_files/SpecialCollections/HN-113_HanoverCo_AH_Survey_Update_2012_ANeville_report.pdf
Also, keep in mind that the area has seen two major wars and various conflicts in its history:
Https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00215/
Happy hunting! Let us know if you dig anything up:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: