You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Moving Picture

Real Ghost Stories

The Moving Picture

 

I wrote other stories about my brother Jay, but I didn't tell this one. It was the late afternoon at about 4:58. I was slowly observing the pictures of my brother and I could have swore I saw one moving. Every time I rubbed my eyes and blinked I could still see his mouth moving and words coming out. His eyes moved and his mouth broke into a smile. I don't think it was my imagination because it repeatedly happened. I was freaked out! In my mind I said, "Is this for real? Or is it just me?" I can still remember what it was saying. It said, "Hi Daniel, do you remember me?" I almost burst into tears. I was happy yet sad. It was really my brother.

After all these years he let me see him. He looked like a very nice boy. I am very sad that he got leukemia (bone cancer). I thought to myself, "I will treasure this moment forever..." I wonder what it would be like if Jay was still alive. He would be 25 years old. He probably would grow up to be a very successful man. I hope to be what my brother could have been. In my dreams I picture that moment. I don't think I will ever forget what happened to me on that day. I just hope that God is taking care of him on this very moment. I also hope that Jay is watching down over me right now.

I hope that you enjoyed this story. Please comment and tell me what I should do to stop being so afraid.

Other hauntings by Dannyhott

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dannyhott, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
I've always felt that when you fear something, there's usually a good reason. Not always, but usually. Maybe your intuition is giving you a warning sign?
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-20)
1408 is a great movie! This story reminds me of it, becuase it does have a similar expeirince like yours. Only that the picture was about a boat in the middle of an ocean. All of a sudden... The whole hotel room was starting to flood. Great scene! I don't read a lot of stories about haunted pictures. Very original experience!
moonandstars1542 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
When my great grandmother died of Leukimia or however you spell it, I would feel like she was sending me a hello whenever I looked at her pic on the wall. I miss her a lot.
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Ive done that Danny. When you lay on the couch in the dim light at night you can watch the mouths and eyes of the photos on our wall move too. Mine is just my imagination tho.
tootszky (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
Danny,
I agree with the others. Since he is your brother you shouldn't be scared (unless he's freaking you out). Have you tried talking to him? 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
Danny,
I think your brother is just trying to tell you he is ok. I had a brother die at age four after being hit by a car. While we never saw him, my two sister and I felt him sit on our beds (the mattress would depress) but it never scared us. We never even spoke of it as children but as adults we were talking about it one day and we were shocked to find that all of us had the same experience as kids. I mean sometimes you had to move your feet to make room for the spirt to sit down so I know being that all of us had this happen it wasn't just grief or imagination. Also there was no fear connected to it. Was it my brother? I don't honestly know but we all thought exactly the same thing, that it was him.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
Hi. I hope you are not afraid anymore. As long as you have faith in the Lord, there is nothing to fear. I have been studying the paranormal for a few years - I believe your brother did connect with you. Did you speak back to him?
ghosthunter123 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Danny,
Don't be afraid. You are very lucky to have a brother that loves you enough to come back and talk to you. Think of him kind of like a Gaurdian Angel. God Bless!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Danny,
There is no need to be afraid. I think that yur brother Jay as well as our Lord knows how sad you were and are to have lost Jay and how you hope for his well being. These are the signs being given to you to let you know all though he wanted to be with you, he is at peace, safe and well.

Try to take this as a blessing, know he is well and wishing you well until you meet again in Heaven.

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story,
God Bless! ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Oh Danny,
Your brother Jay is so safe, happy and no longer in pain. He is right now with his Higher Power, and be assured that he is being watched over as well, if not better, than how he watches over you.
The only thing I can tell you about not being afraid is to put YOUR trust in your Higher Power. Pray that the fear goes away and it is replaced by peace. I honestly feel you have nothing to fear from Jay. He is there to protect, like big brothers do. But like most big brothers, he will not be there forever. There will be a time when the visits slow.
You will always have him harboured in your heart. He will always be your big brother, no matter where he is. I hope you can get to the place in your life where you are content in the knowledge that this outstanding man was a great brother, and in becoming who YOU are SUPPOSED to be, you will have honored him. Do not try to be him, try to be the best you that you can be. That is all you can do.
Good luck. Thank you for this.
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
All I can say is if it's your brother don't be afraid he just wants to see you again. 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Hello Danny,
Only you know for sure if it was your imagination or if Jay was contacting you. Jay is dead but you Danny are alive and you have to learn to live your life without fear. About the only thing I can tell you is to put your trust in a Higer Power because there will be times when your faith with be all you have.

FRAWIN

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: