You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Shadow Man On Nowhere Road

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Man On Nowhere Road

 

When I was 15 my best friend lived on Nowhere road in Athens Ga. It was 1995 or 1996. I had just bought the white zombie album with more human than human on it new in the store.

We took a boombox down to this creek where there was a log we could sit on to listen to it. There was a "path" of sorts with two fairly high walls of blackberry brambles that went a good distance away and curved up the hill into some trees. Basically we jammed out looking down this blackberry tunnel.

My friend stood about six feet in front of me facing the same direction as me, as I sat on the log with the boombox. About halfway through the song "super charger heaven" while I was watching him spin a stick around like a kungfu master I noticed movement beyond him.

I see what appears to be a tall, thin, completely black and featureless man shaped...man.

It had very long arms and legs and seemed like it was creeping up on us. Its back was kind of bent and arched and its arms and legs also were bent as if it was sneaking.

So I see this thing and I think "holy crap I am going crazy. I'm hallucinating."

my friend suddenly just stops moving and completely drops his "bow staff".

I think "oh crap. Its real. He sees it too".

My attention is on my friend for a split second and when I look back where the thing was - its gone. My friend turns to me and says "so...I'd really like to go inside now" I replied that that was a good idea so we walked very calmly to this little divider fence we had to jump that separated his yard from the woods.

As soon as we cleared the fence we bolted to the trailer where we sat up all night in a closet under a blanket with flashlights and a machete.

I don't know about him but I never ever went over that fence into the woods there again. The whole event seemed very unreal. It all lasted maybe 10 seconds.

I swear this is true. I think about it at least once a week.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chznasty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Whodat (42 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-20)
Rob Zombie would be proud that a spooky occurrence happened during one of his songs. He's been a fave of mine ever since the time period your story takes place in.
Chznasty (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-20)
For the record I am a fairly hardcore skeptical type. I can't call a person I trust a liar but I gotta see it myself to really believe.
Chznasty (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-20)
Yeah caylo28. Id still be thinking I'm just crazy if he hadnt of seen it. We never really talk about it. Occasionally someone we both know will ask me about some crazy story he told them about a shadow man. Its true.
Caylo28 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-26)
Very creepy! It's always nice when someone else has the same experience as you to validate you're not hallucinating lol.
Some spirits can change how you perceive them by distorting their image or changing shape completely, he could have spooked you just to get you out of his area or maybe he didn't like your taste in music (I'm a big Zombie fan but I can see why some people don't like him)
Chznasty (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-24)
If anyone from the area reads this I was wondering if you had heard of a "ghost woman and child" somewhere along 441 near rock eagle. Possibly south of rock eagle. I know two people who told me they saw a woman vanish in the road
Chznasty (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-24)
Ive heard a fair share of strange stories from the area. I lived there from 13 until 27. Previously living in the next county over, Occonee county. I have had some other experiences but this is the only time I KNOW I saw what I saw.
As far as curiosity goes, it seemed more like it was stalking up to pounce like a tiger. Maybe if one of us was there alone we would have vanished forever
tigrisvpm (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-24)
[at] Chznasty Welcome to YGS. Its really different and spooky. Well, Thanks for sharing
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-22)
Chznasty - This spirit being was probably just curious about what you were doing.

I must admit that your description of your and your friend's reactions had me giggling. Casual remark 'so... I'd really like to go inside now', the sprint and spending the night in the closet, armed with flashlights and a machete.

I know that you were frightened and I'm not making fun of you but I found the way you put it rather amusing!

Regards, Melda
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-22)
My brother went to UGA between 1993 and 1998. He loved Athens and worked for the school paper and city paper there. I'll have to ask him if he had any encounters while there:)
Chznasty (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-21)
Its a cool place to live for the most part. Its Pretty laid back.
EJ3the1 (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-17)
Wow, that's creepy. Coincidently I am going to Athens, Georgia next month!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: