You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Neighbors Ghost Opens Our Door

Real Ghost Stories

Neighbors Ghost Opens Our Door

 

Cinco de Mayo my family and I were at the neighbors playing cards.

I got this strange feeling I needed to go into the hall. When I stepped in the hallway I heard my 1 year old nephew screaming and crying. Following his cry I find him in the very back bedroom (master bedroom) in the bathtub! I know that he did not climb in that tub on his own because he couldn't climb into our tubs at home and their MB tub was larger than ours. (My sisters family and mine live together)

We asked my son and his friend if they had put him in there but they said no. I pulled my son aside and asked him again (away from his friend) "Bug (sons nickname) tell me the truth neither of you are in trouble. Did one or both of you boys put "cousin" in the tub?"

He swears up and down left and right that they have been in the room the whole time playing the Sega (yes the Sega in 2017 lol). I believe my son because he has some tells when he lies (like not being able to look me in the eyes) but none of them showed.

I tell NL (neighbor lady) a couple days later that there is something paranormal in her house. I see her curtains move late at night when they are all asleep (their house is across the street from ours. I'm a night owl and a smoker. I don't smoke in my house because of the kids and I don't want everything to smell like cigarette smoke). NL lady tells me she knows and that things have been going on in her house such as doors opening and closing when she's the only one home, noises, negativity that affects everyone in the home ect.

I give her some cleansing tips such as smudging and telling it it's not welcome and that it need to leave.

She follows my tips and things are OK for a couple days then it gets worse. Things start getting thrown around her house. The final straw was when a bathroom mirror flew off the wall and shattered.

Again she asked me what to do. I know she is religious so I tell her to have her house blessed. She has the house blessed and now everything is great for her house...

Now whatever it is is outside. I can feel it watching me. I've been told I'm a sensitive because I can feel and catch glimpses of things that aren't visibly there. At first it was just a feeling but then we started seeing someone walk up onto the porch. When we look out the window nobody is there. The dogs even notice it. The screen door will open and slowly close (it's not the wind because our screen slams shut with or without wind and it happens even on calm days with barely a breeze).

My brother in law who chooses not believe in ghosts had come out his room and asked if anyone had walked into the bathroom while he was showering. My husband and I being the only ones home at the time had most certainly not gone in there. He said the door opened and closed twice. He swears he locked the door when he got in and it was locked when he got out.

I went in his room and told it to leave and it not allowed back in.

Nothing else has happened in the house that I know of but the activity outside continues and even when it's 80+ degrees outside I will feel or see someone walk near or past me and I'll get extremely cold.

I don't know what to do as this is the first outdoor haunting I have experienced.

Any suggestions? Anything helps!

Other hauntings by Caylo28

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Caylo28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Caylo28 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-08)
Thank you took I will let her know 😊 about the cleansing and shielding method. I may not be there but my sister and nephew are and I would not want them to go through anything bad
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-08-08)
I have to say Biblio pretty much hit it o the head with this statement...

"A Side Note: Yesterday I learned that the Catholic church has a very loose definition for the general term 'exorcism' in that it means blessing or consecrating a space, object, or person, for protection against evil spirits, temptations, and influences."

If you go to my profile I have posted a Cleansing and Shielding Method... It can be modified to extend to your property line... Your car... Whatever you would like to cleans/shield.

Seems a moot point with you moving but perhaps you could show it to your sister.

Respectfully,

Rook
Caylo28 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-07)
Lady-glow
Pretend friend is what he wanted to be called but I think my son knew he was real but he wasn't solid. I'm not saying my son is so aware and in tune that at the age of 3 he could tell. But this spirit was extremely intelligent and kind and I think he let my son know he was real but others couldn't see him.
Cousin wasn't in the room with my son.

Imaginary friend went from playful to moving things around, then throwing things at people, I started having night terrors and sleep walking. What brought on the exorcism was me getting unexplainable bites and scratches and I would also have black outs. I was told I did weird and violent things but I don't remember those. I don't think I was possessed but I don't know.

My Dad is a veteran. I was talking to a man that said he was going to war and how he was going to miss his family. She walked up shred who I was talking to and said the paranormal thing. Surprise when I turned around he was gone.
I do see spirits not all the time but when they want. Some do try to talk to me but it sounds more of a mumbled whisper. I have never lived in a house that did not have some kind of activity.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-06)
Martin - Thanks so much. These thingies will certainly brighten a dull day (not to mention a dull post) 😁

Regards, Melda
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-06)
😨 Holy! Clicking them works great now!
Ugh need 50 characters. 😠 But I already said what I wanted to.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-06)
Martin - thank you! I love them 😁 Now I need more characters 🤔
Martin (602 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-08-06)
All right I went ahead and updated all the previous emoticons in the old comments with the new corresponding emojiis, before I proceed to do the same on the other sites, if anyone has objections or problems, please tell me 👨‍💻
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
Hello Caylo28!
I've read all of the other comments and I gotta say they all make a very good point especially on the comment of biblio. Just to add (if this is even necessary), it takes a long process to be able to request assistance for an exorcist from the church (catholic).
In your case, a good solid "get out of my property" and "you are not welcome" should do the trick. I mean how are ghost even welcome in our houses in the first place?
Thanks for sharing your story and I hope I read more from you

Regards
Zaruje
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
I am indeed in the process of replacing the old in-house emoticons, to the right of the comment box, with emojis which are more universal and compatible with devices of different sizes, as we now live in the age of mobile phones. Normally you just need to click on a emoji to add it to your comment (usual max 3 still applies, I don't want low effort posts), or you can do a copy paste too. The tool we have here is a shortcut to a few common expressions, there are hundreds of other symbols available on a site like https://emojipedia.org/ 👻
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
lady_glow,
You need to copy and paste the emojies. 😉😆
And this should make 50
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
Caylo: do you mean your son, at the tender age of three years old, was aware that his friend was 'pretend'? That's strange, since usually kids that age do not regard spirits as being different to living people.

If he, like you, "...also has the "gift"...", why didn't he tell you anything about the spirit carrying his little cousin into the bath tub? Didn't he sense it's presence?

I do not want to pry in something that brings you bad memories, but I'm confused about your following statements:

"As a child I was blessed on 3 separate occasions by 3 different churches and religions. When those only made things worse an exorcism was carried out. I don't like to get into this story because I'm still scared to even think about it to much."

And:

"I have been told by my dads friend that paranormal are attracted to me and that no matter where I go unexplainable things will happen around me. (I had just meet her and I was verry young not even a pre-teen yet) "

What do you mean by 'paranormal are attracted to me'? Do you mean you see spirits? If so, do they bother/scare you? Do they talk to you or ask for help?
Why did you have to get exorcised, were you possessed?
What kind of unexplained things happen to you?
Could you be more specific about how things went worse after the blessings (did you go from seeing spirits to furniture chasing you or something on that line?)?

Why aren't the emojis showing in my screen?
I need few 'confused' ones and, at least, one 'skeptic'! 0_0
Caylo28 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
Melda I would love to have the house blessed but the house is my sisters and even tho we have both asked my brother in law he won't let us because even tho he doesn't "believe" he says that's acknowledging it and invites other things (he's stubborn and arguments about this making absolutely no sense goes nowhere)

Redwolf thank you for your comment I actually couldn't remember if our matt said anything so I just ran and checked luckily its blank lol
I'm actually moving out of state tomorrow but I'm going to let it know that it is not allowed to follow me or my family when we leave. My sister said she was going to smudge the house whilst her "unbelieving" hubby goes to work.

Biblio (1) you are terrifyingly accurate! The curtain movement was more of someone peeking not irratic or a slight rustling from ac.
I have been told by my dads friend that paranormal are attracted to me and that no matter where I go unexplainable things will happen around me. (I had just meet her and I was verry young not even a pre-teen yet)
As a child I was blessed on 3 separate occasions by 3 different churches and religions. When those only made things worse an exorcism was carried out. I don't like to get into this story because I'm still scared to even think about it to much.

(2) No offense taken, I had no idea that anything else was going on in the home (except a feeling that something was there and the curtains) until after I talked to NL.
I didn't say anything to my son because I didn't want to scare him from his only neighborhood friend but very rarely did I let him over there without me or his auntie and because he also has the "gift" such as he had talked to my grandma Marcy who died when I was middle school and his "Pretend friend" (my son called him that by name) when my son was 3. Pretend friend killed himslf, his wife and kid in a plane accident. My sun told me this story by first screaming "MOM WATCH OUT HIS PLANE IS GOING TO CRASH!" as I'm going 75mph on the interstate passing the Airport and then he proceeded to have a litteral panic attack as he told me the rest of the story. He kept saying in between sobs and snot " He's sorry mommy. He feels guilty, He didn't mean too, it was accident"
As I mentioned to Melda and Redwolf my "NON BELIEVER" B-I-L believe any firm of cleaning atracts them.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Caylo - my comment may have no relevance on the situation but I wanted to put it out here anyway.

You mentioned seeing your NL's curtains moving at night. My mom, who is my neighbor, said the same thing to me one day recently. She told me she thought my cats were in the window making the curtains move, even though she couldn't see the cats. It wasn't the cats; it's my air conditioning unit. It blows straight across the living room to my window and makes my curtains move. They don't move like a fan is blowing on them, but they move like someone is moving them to the side and back again.

I realize your NL has other things going on but I thought I'd provide a possible normal explanation for the curtains.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Greetings, Caylo.

I have a thought, which I'll share first, and a question about your narrative.

My Thought:

You noticed the curtains in the neighbor's windows moving. As you did not rush across the street to investigate, I'm presuming that the motion was NOT opening wide and pulling shut, but more like twitching, as though a nosey neighbor didn't want to get caught spying on people. Please correct me if I'm wrong, here, because the next paragraph is predicated upon this guess being pretty close to the truth.

I do not think you noticed the spirit first; it noticed you. It was spying upon you as you had a cigarette on the porch. If you've "been told I'm a sensitive because I can feel and catch glimpses of things that aren't visibly there" by family and friends who are familiar with you, ok. If you've been told by a stranger or unfamiliar/distant relation that you are a sensitive --without your having volunteered any information-- then there's another factor to consider: you **may** be more than just sensitive, you may be a 'beacon.' A beacon is a bright light to help guide travellers or to warn sailors, but in this context it would mean your sensitivity is like a bright light attracting the attention of spirits, entities, or whatever.

Does this description fit accurately with your experience with the curtains? If not, then I'm being over-cautious for no reason. On the other hand, if my speculations are close, then you've *really* got to follow up on Red's and Melda's suggestions. Telling a spirit to "get out" using clear language is good, a blessing (burning sage in a 'smudging' ritual; a minister or priest with holy water) to cleanse a home is also good. HOWEVER, "get out" is not a very specific instruction; telling it to get off of **your property** or banishing it is much more precise.

A Side Note: Yesterday I learned that the Catholic church has a very loose definition for the general term 'exorcism' in that it means blessing or consecrating a space, object, or person, for protection against evil spirits, temptations, and influences. Technically, according to Fr. Cesar Truqui (one of the exorcists in the documentary), part of the language used in the prayer when baptizing a baby is to exorcise any bad influences/entities that have tried to attach themselves to the child. Note that there is a much more precise set of definitions for what are termed "Major Exorcisms" --which inevitably call to mind the dangerously-inaccurate Hollywood-style special effects. An Exorcist is a specially-trained, devout priest who, after an initial investigation, is asked to examine evidence; if he sees that the evidence suggests an oppression or a possession, he must get permission from the Bishop before he and a team of devout assistants (priests or laymen) begin doing anything about the situation. The Bishop's responsibility is that he must pray about the evidence and about the Exorcist's recommendation before giving his permission to proceed. I've mentioned some of this before in other responses on YGS, but these safeguards and steps are an example of how seriously one denomination of the Christian faith treats dealing with dangerous/inhuman/demonic spirits: Fr. Truqui claimed that 90% of the people who *think* they need an exorcist really need psychiatric care or medical treatment (The Catholic church has recommended visiting a doctor --I believe the word used was "physician," but I read that a while ago-- before a priest since the early 1600s).

2.
My Question

In the sequence of events as you've written them, the baby was placed in the bathtub at the NL's house while you were playing cards. This was *before* the conversation about the activity, then phenomena transferring from the NL's house to your & your sister's shared home? If you'd saw the curtains moving as evidence of supernatural activity -or suspected it was- at NL's house, did you know the *extent* of the activity --or the potential for danger-- before visiting to play cards?

I completely understand visiting the NL's house because she extended a friendly invitation and you had no intention to be rude to her; but if you suspected that there was a spirit in the home did you give your children any sort of warning/protection before going? Did you think that cautioning them would make them scared? Were you concerned about having them in a different room? Yes, I know that the Sega would have occupied their attention and prevented them from getting up to any sort of mischief, but having the kids down the other end of a hallway in a house with some fairly blatant activity seems a little odd to me. Obviously the escalation of activity (the smashed mirror and such) occurred afterward, but did you have any misgivings before visiting? Had you visited her before, but had no direct evidence of the strength it had gained from causing the NL to fear it?

[A disclaimer: re-reading this comment before submitting it, I saw that it is possible to mis-read my intentions! I am NOT questioning the nature of your narrative, nor your parenting skills, so PLEASE don't be offended! I'm simply seeking clarification of some of the details, here.]

Thanks for elaborating on this.

Best,
Biblio.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Caylo

You did the right thing by telling it to get out and it can not come back in. Now you must tell it that has to leave your property and not come back. Be stern and don't show fear. Also if you have a welcome mat get rid of it and get a blank or decorative mat to wipe your feet on.

Regards
Red
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Caylo28 - Perhaps the entity which left your neighobur's house has now decided to settle down in yours. I'm not saying that is so, but it's a possibility.

Since it has already made its presence known in the bathroom, messing with doors and you feel its presence outside, indicates that it has claimed space outside and inside your home. It could become stronger and therefore more problematic.

In fact I believe you should follow the advice you gave your neighbour and have your house blessed. If you are not religious, have a look at Rookdygin's profile page. He has an excellent cleansing method which has proved to work wonders for a number of YGS members.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: