You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: That Voice

Real Ghost Stories

That Voice

 

Brown_eyed_girl submitted a story that made a deep connection with me so I decided to submit my own experience about the voice. This experience takes place in the same house as "I Need My Mommy" (http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=8861) and "I Need My Mommy 2" (http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=8919).

The first time I heard him was about 2 years after hearing and seeing the little girl ghost in that house. My (now) ex-husband and I were sitting on the love-seat watching The Drew Carey Show and my dog Apache was lying on the floor behind us.

My ex was angry with me (as he always was) and had laid his reclining seat back. I heard a man say "Marjie... Marjie...Marjie." At first, I thought it was my ex, but when I looked at him, he was sound asleep. Then I thought maybe Apache was "talking" in his sleep and it just sounded like my name. I even looked over the back of my recliner to see if Apache was stirring, but he also was sound asleep. I know, how can you mistake a dog's mumbling for a man's voice? But at that time, I was relatively new to all this and wasn't prepared to think there was someone unseen talking to me, let alone someone unseen that knew my name.

After taking into consideration both Apache and my ex were asleep, I had no option but to admit it was a man and he was inside my head. He had a mean voice and he really scared me.

A month or so later I had come home from work late one night, probably close to 1:30 in the morning. My ex had waited up for me and after we watched a little bit of TV, he said he was going to bed and asked if I wanted to go. I told him I'd be there in a few minutes but ended up falling asleep on the couch.

I'm not sure how long I slept, but I heard this same man in my head again and this time he said "GET 'ER UP! GET 'ER UP! GET 'ER UP!" He was so mean and I could feel the evil in his voice. He scared me so badly I got up and ran to the bedroom.

I don't remember the circumstances when I heard him the third time but, like the first time I heard him, he just repeated my name three times. I felt he was truly evil. I think what scared me the most about his voice was the fact that I could hear him in my head; never with my ears, just my head. It was like he was inside my head.

I was awake both times I heard him say my name. It was only the time he said "GET 'ER UP!" that I was asleep.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-14)
So just a thought. You said "My ex was angry with me (as he always was) " I am wondering if some how in his sleep he was projecting his anger somehow? Was the third time while he was sleeping as well? Just a thought not really an answer.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-08)
Elrond, RedWolf and roylynx - sorry, I don't know how I missed these.

Elrond - greetings from Southern Ohio! I fully believe in the possibility of projecting thoughts. I'm just not convinced it was my ex projecting. There was something else bad in that house.

RedWolf - those were the only times I heard the man. I always wondered about the repetition and was very intrigued when brown_eyed_girl said her name was whispered 3 times. I don't know what the point was/is. It just was very strange that it was 3 times all 3 times.

To my knowledge, no one else ever heard him. At that time, my two stepdaughters were spending a lot of time with us and neither they, my ex or daughter ever said they heard him. Why I was the only one targeted, I have never figured out. It's not like I was the only one who experienced things in that house: my ex and my daughter both did as well.

Note: I don't believe the 3 times had anything to do with mocking the Trinity.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-08)
Sorry everyone, just now got to the point where I can respond to your comments.

Brown_eyed_girl - yes, it was very creepy, and scary. This is the only time I can remember being that afraid of something I could hear but not see. 😨

RedWolf - Nowadays I don't mind hearing things in my head but not my ears. That's how I get a lot of messages. But at that time, I don't recall ever hearing a voice in my head, not an audible voice, not like his.

DandK - there was always tension, stress, worry, fear; you name it, that house was filled with it. Unfortunately, happiness wasn't one of the top ten emotions. This was before I started keeping my Journal, so it would be difficult to be certain that stress or worry brought it on. If I had to go on my instinct and memories, anger would be the likely emotion.

Augusta - I agree. My daughter once asked me if I thought the man in the house was the reason her dad was the way he was. I told her I think the man may have added to her dad's personality, but I didn't believe the man was responsible for it all. Lots of bad stuff there 😢 I never saw anything I thought could have been the man; I only heard his voice. I was so used to walking on eggshells in that house, that I could have been picking up on the man's negativity and not realizing it. There was a time when I honestly believed the man had something to do with the little girl in that house, but I was never able to find anything to support my feelings other than a medium saying the same thing I felt.

Cat - I've never felt it was my ex. I was very familiar with every tone of his voice, and That Voice was nothing like anything I'd heard from my ex, even at his angriest/meanest. No, this voice was older and gruffer. Just freaking scary.

I truly wish I had been more educated when I lived there. I don't know that there would be anything different, but maybe I wouldn't have jumped off the couch and ran. Looking back on it now, I reacted like Brian Harnois, former TAPS member, yelling Dude! Run! 😆 Embarrassing LOL
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-08)
Tweed - thanks for the link to BJJ's experience. I remember that one well 😨 I hope others take the time to read this one if they haven't. There are too many people (kids) in situations like BJJ's with no one to believe them or turn to. Hopefully this will help someone ❤
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-08)
Hi Miracles, erugh creepy stuff.

My thoughts echo Augusta and Elrond. This reminded me of something I read from Badjuju when I first joined:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=9249
(difficult read that one, feel I should warn)

Glad you haven't had the voice since.
Cat7777 (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-08)
I would've got up and bolted too! Crikey. Do you think as your ex-husband was asleep both times this happened he could've been projecting? Do you remember if it could've sounded like him at all?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-07)
I agree with Augusta that your ex husbands negative attitude and energy might have invited something in the house. Were those three incidents the only time you heard this creep or have you heard him at other times? Saying everything 3 times is a bit redundant, was that the way your husband lived his life, nothing but redundancy?

Regards Red
Elrond (3 stories) (38 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-08-07)
Hi Miracles,
Greetings from a fellow Ohioan! My first thought was that you were picking up on your angry ex's thoughts from his sleep. He might have fallen asleep with enough general irritation to project something to you.

Elrond
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-06)
Interesting one!
Creepy that you felt evilness to the voice...
Thanks for sharing!

E.Lynx
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
Hah! Miracles - I completely get it! My father's side of the family religiously spelled my name wrong until the end lol

And it sounds to me as though the negativity in that relationship was attracting more bad energy. I wonder what or who that particular nasty spirit was... Though I wouldn't be surprised if 'he' wasn't necessarily associated with the house or land. In my way of thinking, bad situations can act as beacons or create portals for nasty things to come through and this entity would be one on my book! Did you ever see anything that might have been him?
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
Miracles, did you notice if the voice occurred around any time of a particular stress or worry?

Red,that's a funny story. I'm sure your dad felt bad about that!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
Miracles

It would bother me a lot if I heard something only in my head and not with my ears unless I wanted it that way.

I have a funny non paranormal story about names. I walked into my fathers (now deceased) house and you could cut the tension between my father and 2 of my sisters with a knife. I asked what was up and my father asked me how my name was spelled. I was in my early 40's by this time so I was dumbfounded that he didn't know how to spell Lisa. I know it is common to spell it with a z now but not in the early 60's. I tell him how to spell it and my sisters tell me that they had been arguing with him for nearly an hour over how to spell my name. 😆 He told me he always thought it was spelled with a z. Who argues for nearly an hour over how to spell a name? Evidently these 2 sisters and my father did. 😆 😆

Regards
Red
brown_eyed_girl (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Oh wow, that is so creepy, especially when you can hear the bad intentions in the voice. 😖

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: