You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Man Of Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Of Shadows

 

My name is Hani and I've been experiencing things all of my 20 years. I'm considered, I guess, a sensitive of some kind so I can very easily feel, hear, and see spirits, as well as they can feed off my energy no matter where I am.

Now that that's over with, I can finally start with the man penned with the name "Shadow"!

Like in my introduction, I've always been able to see spirits, and Shadow started when I was a small child, after I left my home in the Carolinas and moved to Alabama with my mother. I developed a deathly fear of the dark after seeing one too many things in it. This is insignificant now, but, skip forward a few years until I'm 8 years old.

Back when I was 8, I slept against a plastic window that looked into our living room, and I just so happen can see the bathroom hallway. This night, my mom was asleep in her room and my step father was at work so no adult, let alone a man, was even up. I was playing a GBA game and something TOLD me in my head to look out of the window, and, like the child I was, I obeyed. What I saw was a very tall, black shadow of a man going into the very much lit up bathroom. Nothing else happened that night but I was too scared to leave my bed.

After this incident, I started to have night terrors multiple times. When these things attacked, it seemed I was still semi conscious, able to wake myself up but I couldn't STAY awake. I'd fall back asleep within a few seconds and the dream would just continue. This all would happen within the span of ten to thirty minutes and afterwards, I'd fully wake up and then I'd be too paranoid to fall asleep. Beyond the night terrors, nothing signifanct happened (other than hearing my name being called and my things getting moved around). These stopped when I was around 13 or 14.

Activity lulled in my life regarding the spirits, only getting the ocassional feeling they were there, or hearing my name being called on multiple ocassions. It wasn't until this past year I started to question it.

Activity has picked up dramatically and... It seems I've developed a sort of relationship with the spirits inhabitting my home, but, my attention is still drawn in by Shadow. Multiple times I've witnessed him standing above me when I awake in the middle of the night, or when he's standing in my parents doorway at night. He seems to always be there. Even my own mother has felt him sit on her bed, or watch her from their bathroom doorway.

My most recent thing, though, that almost made me freak out was the fact that a few nights ago, I was laying in bed, trying to sleep. All of a sudden I heard this rough, almost SCRATCHY male voice whisper "hello" into my ear. I tried rationalising but... Alas that did not help. I felt a presence in my room until I eventually passed out.

What I want to know is what everyones take on here is. Do you think this man has an attachment to me? Do you think maybe that this may not just be a spirit but maybe something like a poltergeist or something along those lines? Am I just going insane thinking about this stuff?

I certainly don't want him gone since he hasn't hurt me yet I don't think, so I'm just here to get opinions and perhaps peoples take on what's going on!

Thank you for hearing my story and taking the time!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, haniibee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-07)
I have found that, to a point, the more I happen to be reading about and seeking out documentaries etc about the paranormal, the more the activity (though, not, in my case by any terribly dramatic amount) but that could be simply because I am at that time more likely to be aware of everything because I am thinking about it more...it's a mental feedback loop.

I still don't see any evidence that you are dealing with anything demonic or evil. Have you tried talking to them? Either just straight out talking like you would to anyone or attempting an EVP session? Often times just talking to them and setting ground rules helps a great deal - you also may be able to learn something about them. Have you done any research on the house and surrounding property?
haniibee (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-07)
Update time!

Well, it's been a long while since I've been here and things have certainly picked up. Now, I'm not sure if it's because Halloween is soon, but, the spirits have become more and more restless I think. For the last few weeks, my mother and I have kept hearing voices speak to us, almost every single day and recently, I've seen a new spirit. A white figure -- I feel like it was a woman -- that was standing near my door when I woke up a few nights ago. On top of that, I keep hearing things hit my roof (though, it could just be pine cones dropping off the trees), and stuff hitting the side of the house my room is on. My mother has even heard, while I was out at class, loud banging and things moving around in my room.

Now, I'm not sure... But I almost feel like my recent research into the occult and theistic satanic rituals in the like (only curious research, nothing like practicing it or anything) could be attracting things, but, I'm not sure if that happens though.

If anyone has information or maybe a suggestion to what it is, and if it's tied to my research, I'd gladly listen!
haniibee (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-15)
Woah I actually totally forgot this was published! Thank you all for the responses. In all honesty he hasn't hurt me yet (if I can say that he wasn't the cause of my night terrors, which have never been solved) but, I don't think I could get rid of him at all. He kind of feels like apart of me, spirit, creature of unknown origins, or not, and it's strange just thinking about living day to day without him around. Of course I don't always feel him there, but, I can always tell when something is in my presence.
Though, I do sometimes question. I've heard familiar voices calling my name several times (namely the voice of my mother) yet my mother wouldn't be home at all. I have gotten the "three" clawed scratches and random bruises but I can't definitively say I haven't caused them to myself some how (I'm very clumsy!). My mother and I are very supersitious, and even if I am curious on the occult I'd never try anything out.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-09-15)
(Sorry have too...)

Funeralmass,

Nice observations and suggestions I do however have a question...

How can an experienced 'occultist' such as yourself so 'lightly suggest' that the O/P (whom may have ZERO experience with the Paranormal, much less occult methods) attempt this...

"I would recommend the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram, some other kind of abjurment, or a spirit binding. There are many to choose from, use the method that makes the most sense to you and that you feel you can effectively perform."

These are not...'first level spells' (for lack of a better term). Recommending they find an individual who understands these 'rituals' is fine but as with SO MANY things we have to be careful with what we do because if done wrong things can...'go to heck' rather quickly.

Apologies in advance if I misunderstood what you were trying to suggest. It tis a wee bit early here in Texas and I have not yet had any caffeine.

Respectfully,

Rook
funeralmass (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-15)
Hi,
My first, go-to answer to most stories like this is usually to attribute it to fatigue, over-active imagination (especially when a child), or some mundane thing, like an underlying psychiatric cause. That's without getting into powerful hallucinogens and stimulant induced psychosis. Since you experienced these phenomena when you were very young, I doubt you were staying up for days on crystal meth and experiencing stimulant induced psychosis or taking acid, mushrooms, DMT, etc... Also, your mother has both felt and seen it. Have either of you ever done anything with the occult?

I agree with AugustaM in that, just because something is unknown or takes a shadowy form, isn't automatically some indication that it's evil. Even in the case of "demons", not all of them are malicious. It could have been just as curious about you and was checking you out with a sense of wonder just as great as your bewilderment. It may have entered this dimension/world/plane/whatever you want to call it accidentally, thus being as confused as to where it was and what you are. The fear may have been something you projected because you saw an entity your brain wasn't capable of wrapping itself around, it may have not even thought you may be frightened of it.

If the activity escalates to a threatening and menacing level, then you probably have a dark, and/or chaotic entity. If that is the case, I would recommend that you don't attempt a cleansing, either yourself or by an experienced occultist like a shaman. Sage bundles and cleansing rituals are more likely piss the spirit off and the activity may escalate dramatically, even to violence. If this entity is dark and has attached itself to you, I would recommend the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram, some other kind of abjurment, or a spirit binding. There are many to choose from, use the method that makes the most sense to you and that you feel you can effectively perform. Keep us posted about the entity's activities and the results and successes of the method you choose, should you do this. Remember, don't project fear, that will strengthen such an entity.
Eden14 (14 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
If it was a positive entity it would not terrorize. Despite knowing your paranoia it continued to haunt you. Think about it whether you still want him to hang around.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-11)
There is absolutely no evidence thus far that this entity has any ill will towards anyone whatsoever. Just because something exists outside of what is presently deemed 'normal' does not mean that it is evil - history has proven just that over and over again. Maybe a cleansing could help - if the entity is positive, it will likely be unaffected - if it isn't, the cleansing (with the possible necessity of repetitions) should eventually take care of it. There are many variations online from many different belief systems, your local 'new age' store likely has some suggestions and Rook, a member of this site, has a tried and true method of his own on his profile page. Just stay positive and confident in yourself - as it seems you have done - and all will be well.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-10)
Hi haniibee (very clever nick btw). I believe these entities are not things that you would want to have in your life, as the more you accept them, the greater their influence on you would be. (For my thoughts on them please see my profile). I would suggest seeking help from a pastor or a priest, as these entities are not part of a normal life.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: