You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Shadows Near The Tree

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadows Near The Tree

 

This is actually my first story which I am going to tell and is actually based on the encounter of my best friend who lives in the neighborhood. This experience is neither terrifying nor horrific but I am scared though, and a little worried about this incident.

So here we go, This first started on Monday, it was a bright sunny day with gentle breeze blowing over the tress, sound of birds' tweets and maybe a perfect soothing atmosphere to relax, I took a break from the classes in order to complete my notes. But decided to enjoy a little on my day off as I rarely get a chance to relax on weekdays, same fixed schedule of going to morning classes and then the afternoon classes with mock tests which continues until evening and after getting home take only a one hour break and start preparing for the weekly tests by revising the notes. So I hardly get any time to watch my favorite anime shows or to relax for a while. Maybe this is the reason why I hate weekdays the most. Though I am quite introverted person I love chatting on day to day matters. In short, I love gossiping whether the topic is important or not. Maybe this is my way of relaxing, and researchers say talking helps people to clear their frustration and tensions which is good for a peaceful mind, and maybe I am following it. For this purpose I believe Rachel (not her real name though) to be a good companion. She lives in the neighborhood so it is not difficult to talk to her anytime. So as soon as I finished my revisions and stuffs I texted her to come to my house. And she did so.

I was glad that she was available, cause that was nearly the time she had her afternoon classes. We didn't talk too long as she was in a hurry, maybe for 20 minutes or so. We talked mostly about the girly stuffs when she suddenly stopped and stared at the banana tree which grows in our garden, we never got any fruits from that tree though. She had a strange look on her face so I questioned "what's the matter? She replied isn't there something unusual with this tree?. I said "Really?" not quite understanding. She was about to say something when mom interrupted us, and then we realized that we are already late for our classes. Nothing happened that day or the day later, but for some reason I believe that Rachel can sense ghosts or something like that.

Then, on Friday Rachel came to our house with quite a puzzled look and said she saw some strange shadowy apparitions near that tree while returning home from her classes. I wasn't that shocked and thought of this as a joke and said that she is imagining stuffs and went to my classes, she still continued about those shadows until I said her to quit.

I returned home and was very tired and jumped on my bed and soon fall asleep, but then suddenly I woke from the tweet of my phone but ignored it and tried to sleep again but couldn't and finally decided to check the phone and while surfing through the chats saw a message it was from Rachel the message said "I saw them again, the shadows". This time I got mad and replied "cut it out already there is always a time for everything".

Nothing happened that night and when I woke up grandma was nagging about the flowers in the garden, when I reached there the garden was a absolute mess with the petals of the flowers scattered everywhere mostly near the banana tree. Everyone was thought that maybe it is the work of Tiger (our dog). But he was tied all night.

Now I'm a little scared about this thing and contacted Rachel she said that she sees shadows of two different persons standing near that tree. I was so scared that day that I hardly slept. It started getting worse when Rachel had nightmares about a woman standing under a banana tree in a similar garden looking at the direction of the store room weeping very badly, I can too feel negative energies flooding around the store room like I feel strange as if I am being watched. I am really scared but there is still a question that Rachel saw two different shadows but is having nightmares about only one and why she appears in Rachel 's dreams?

Other hauntings by Socracy5

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Socracy5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Socracy5, did I miss the part where you and Rachel tried to enter the house? 🤔
Darkfox (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-30)
Well thank u guys, I took your suggestions and talked to my parents about it... We performed a havan after this cuz I was not the only one feeling this, but my mom too. And it was found that it was a evil spirit trapped for a long time there, before we settled there, the priest suspected that someone wanted to harm the previous owners of this house and released that spirit there, maybe while me and Rachel tried to enter the house through the backyard Rachel accidentally broke the holy thread near it and hence, that spirit was trying to enter into Rachel's body to get out of there and that's why only Rachel could see the shadows near that tree. After chanting some mantras and threads, that spirit finally got freed and really sorry it took me a while to post this. My previous account got lost so it's a new one. And again sorry for the inconvenience.
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-19)
Hey there it was a scary one. But I just wanted to know why it all started suddenly? I mean y'all be living there since a time but why are you experiencing these kind of incidents now? And also have you talked with your parents bout this?
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-14)
Ajay - good to hear from you. Let's catch up off-site via email etc. 😊

BTW Hilary, maybe you can ask if Rachel would like to submit her own account too from her POV? Then she'll be better placed to satisfy our curiosity and answer our questions...
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-11)
Jubeele: what u said is definitely true. How r u? Rachel sounds really interesting here. Seems she has an eye for this. She needs to open up though. A friend knows. One way or the other
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-10)
South-east Asian folklore describes the pontianak as the spirits of women who died while pregnant. They are also associated with banana trees. There are similar vampiric spirits called Churel, Churayl or Cuḍel (Hindi: चुडैल, Urdu: چڑیل‎), in Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan. The Churel is often called a tree-spirit as she is said to live in trees. This is a vengeful spirit who seeks revenge for ill-treatment at the hands of her in-laws, targeting the males of the family.
Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churel

But as your "experience is neither terrifying nor horrific", that probably isn't the case here. If the dream Rachel had about the weeping woman is significant, then could it be an appeal for help? Perhaps the woman wants a prayer for her soul, some kind words to be said, or some acknowledgement of her suffering or passing?

Have you looked into the history of your house? Did anything happen in the past in the storeroom? Or could it be a foreboding of an event yet to happen?

If the wall was too high for a dog to jump - and they can scale pretty high walls - have you also looked to see if there was a gap in some hidden corner or a hole dug under the wall? I've got friends who think their dogs are related to Houdini because of their escape-artist tricks and how they can get into the neighbour's garden!

I'm curious about Rachel - she sounds really interesting. I hope you'll tell us more about how she could sense the ghost of the daughter in one of the houses in the colony. What was chasing her when she was only 10 and how did she deal with it?

Looking forward to learning more in your part 2. 😊
Hilarygosick (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-09)
Well,the thing that made me believe Rachel can sense ghosts is from our childhood when we were playing tag along with the kids of our colony when she suddenly remarked of feeling unusual near one of the houses in the colony which later found to be inhabited by the ghost of their daughter, she even had experienced one when we were of only 10 as something strange chasing her, but unlike me she was brave enough to deal with it. And she is quite funny but is serious about these stuffs and I believed it. I know that there are some stray dogs around but they can never jump such a high wall and can enter in the house... So, I am actually worried about it cause this has gotten really strange lately so I am going to post a part 2 of it.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-09)
This reminds me so much of an account from Singapore by Jubeele
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25242
She too had experiences with seeing entities beneath a banana tree. Evidently there is a "Thai legend that tells of wild banana groves haunted by the gentle "Nang Tani" or "Lady of Tani" [นางตานี]. On full-moon nights, these female spirits can be seen floating above the ground near their banana plants. They are believed to be protective of women who have been ill-treated by men." (quotation from Jubeele's post)

Perhaps what your friend has seen is something along those lines? If so, they are benevolent at least:-)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-07)
Hello Hillary.
I have few questions about your story.

"... But for some reason I believe that Rachel can sense ghosts or something like that."
What makes you think Rachel can sense ghosts? Has she told you something like that before this experience?
Was this the first time she saw the shadows by the banana tree?

Have you always felt "negative energies flooding around the store room like I feel strange as if I am being watched." or did you start feeling this way after Rachel told you about her dream?
Does any other member of your family feel this way? Have you talked to your family about the shadows?

Is it possible that some animal, other than your dog, damaged the flowers during the night or early hours of the morning?
Does Tiger act in a strange way around the banana tree? Is he afraid to go near it?

Is Rachel a serious girl or does she like to joke and prank people?

In my opinion and based on the information provided in your narrative, it is hard to say if a spirit is trying to communicate with Rachel through her dreams, or if she, and you, are thinking too much about these shadows.

It would be a good idea to start a journal and register any unexplained activity, talk to your family and, if necessary, perform a cleansing and blessing of the place according to your personal beliefs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: