You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Saved By The Saviour

Real Ghost Stories

Saved By The Saviour

 

I am Bandana. The incident which I will be narrating happened to my Father in 1978 when my Father was 28 years old and was working in State Bank of India. Now we stay in Cuttack that's our hometown in Odisha. Relating to some work my Father had to go to a town named Balangir which is almost 500kms from Cuttack. My Father went there by bus and reached there by 4 in the evening. He straightaway went to the State Bank Of India branch and arranged a room for himself in the nearby Dak bungalow with the help of his colleagues. It was a half an hour ride by rickshaw from the branch to the Dak bungalow.

It was nearly 5pm in the evening. Darkness falls there early as it's a mountainous region. Soon after reaching my Father found the location very erie as there were not much people there. But from the tiresome journey he was feeling worn out and had a early dinner and tea. He went up to his room.

Now my Father is a book lover and used to read a little before he slept. So he took out his favourite book and started reading. Tired from the journey he dozed off with book half open on his chest. After a few minutes suddenly he felt an excruciating pressure on his chest and a tremendous squeezing of his neck as someone was trying to choke him to death. He opened his eyes and to his horror what he saw still gives us goosebumps. He saw a girl barely 18 to 19 years old wearing a skirt and blouse with round rimmed glasses sitting on his chest squeezing his neck and laughing. Absolutely horrified My Father started reciting Hanuman Chalisa (Hymns Of Indian God Hanuman). He was almost shouting at the top of his lungs. After a few seconds he saw two mighty furry hands came in from the window, caught hold the neck of the girl and flung her out of the window and disappeared.

My Father grabbed all his belongings and rushed downstairs. He spent rest of the night on the lone sofa praising and thanking The Lord Almighty. It all happened to him in such a manner that shook him altogether.

In the morning when the caretaker came my Father enquired about the room upstairs and that's when he revealed that a girl of same age had lost her mental stability and had commited suicide with her Father's pistol. Every year her Father sends some money for maintenance of room and cleansing rituals on her death anniversary. The room remains closed but for money he had lend the room to my Father. He got an earful for that.

After that My Father returned on completing his work. But today whenever I get to hear this incident from him my beliefe in Lord Hanuman increases...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rasmibandana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-06)
Thank u so much for reading. Many more experiences to share with u people
Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-06)
It's really a scary experience 😨 😨 😨

I do believe in God hanuman... He is really powerful... Thank god your father is safe... I pray her soul rest in peace
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-06)
The things people do for money!😒

The caretaker could benefit from a marketing course and, either learn to keep the information of the past tragedy private, or to start promoting the room with the promise of a paranormal encounter... It could attract the right kind of people without making the unsuspecting ones to endure a frightening experience.

I'm glad to know your father was fine.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: