You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Apartment Is A Paranormal Playground

Real Ghost Stories

Our Apartment Is A Paranormal Playground

 

In the last month or so we have had so much activity in our house it's nuts, and I have no clue why!

There has been no real changes in our house other than a couch was given to us by my mom and I know nothing is attached to it.

But they are running rampant.

First of there is a ghost, spirit however you want to say it that keeps messing with our bathroom door.

Specifically every time that I am in there, it doesn't matter if I am in there long enough to put away towels, or to get a shower it shows up always sitting on the toilet seat or leaning on the counter just watching. I haven't seen it in full form only as a shadow but well enough to be able to tell if it's standing or sitting.

I can walk by in the hallway and if the door is closed it will open almost every time.

Toys started going off by themself even if nobody is in the room and we turn them off, more common than not it's one of her books that tells stories or the walk behind lion that sings only when its moved.

On top of that, things keep getting moved around the house like a lighter going from the kitchen bar to being found under our kitchen sink a week later. Certain clothes going missing to be found in the hall closet.

Though the creepiest is candles will light by themselves and I asked my husband, Cuyler if he lit them and he said no.

Shadows are constantly darting around our hallway and the living room.

No matter what shields we use, how often we cleanse the house nothing seems to help!

I don't know what I should really do, any advice?

Other hauntings by Lilwolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lilwolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Hey guys quick and final update on this craziness.

Things took a strange turn in the apartment and then a good one. The strange more freaky one was about a week ago. I had dosed off in the recliner and woke up to what felt like a arm across my throat.

I couldn't see anything but felt its body weight on my chest and throat. Freaked me out so bad!

Thankfully I was able to stand up but it took me almost an hour to catch my breath. So after that I found my husband and told him what happened and that we needed to figure something out quick.

Told him about the cleansing that Val suggested and the first two days were heck. Crazy amount of slamming doors, randomly being grabbed on the arm or leg while passing through the house and one time even touched inappropriately in the shower... But I won't say anymore about that though I had no clue crap like that could happen with a spirit... (shudder)

But I kept up the cleansing for the week and it finally seems to have calmed down quite a bit. Still have the bathroom door opening and closing on its own. And I get touches here and there still in the hallway but I'm going to keep up the cleansing in our apartment and hope for the best. Huge shout out to Val for suggesting Rook's cleansing and To Rook for being willing to share it on his profile. If You guys are reading this massive gratitude to the both of You.

Here's to hoping everything stays chill.

Keep doing what You do. ❤
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-03)
Val, Thank you I really appreciate that and may take you up on that offer. It will be a year the 27th and we are still getting our feet back under us so to speak and I am sorry about You losing your child too... Its super hard. Sending extra big hugs ❤

No I haven't really asked anyone about the smell I'm more of one to stick to myself but I will ask my next door neighbor about it. I would rather it be a dying or dead mouse than more creepiness.

That is just freaky about the tarot card reading. I'm not sure how skilled she is honestly but I do know that she doesn't seem to go by all the rules. So I definitely wasn't going to let her do a reading on me. Just...no.

I'm not really settled in a church right now but I will check out his cleansing ritual and give it a try. And I will keep you guys updated. Hopefully I can get this worked out soon.

Thanks for answering my questions the best You can.

Lilwolf
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-03)
Lilwolf,
Just a few thoughts here: first my heartfelt condolences on Emma. Loosing a child is the worst pain. Been there, and if you need to talk feel free to contact me. My email is on my profile. Like others, if it doesn't 'feel' like her to you, then it probably isn't.

With the smell - have you tried asking around and seeing if others smell it too? It could be as simple as a mouse having died in the wall.

To answer your question about Tarot readings, yes it can be done without you there, but it usually takes a person with some advance, shall we say skill.

Since the bulk of your activity seems to focus on the bathroom (where you see the shadow guy the most) you might consider doing a little extra cleansing there. You didn't mention your faith, but you could ask just about any church to do a house blessing. If you aren't comfortable with that, one of our members, rookdygin, has a home cleansing/shielding method on his profile http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Quite a few have used it and swear by it.
Please keep us posted.
Val
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-02)
Curious Dee,

True, mentally that makes sense about the dreams. I at least hope that's what is going on. It would be really creepy if somehow spirits could make me dream. 😨

I'm stumped on the smell too, it just started a few days ago so that's why I thought maybe its spiritual. But who knows.

Thanks in a small town like this all it really takes is an address, the internet and a few local old timers. Sure you gotta know the right sites to go to and scroll through a bunch of irrelevant info but its worth it in the end.

Hopefully I can figure out a little more cause I'm not fully satisfied I still feel like something is missing. 🤔 So we shall see... Hopefully.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-02)
Lilwolf,

I was thinking your nightmares may be caused by stress from your current situation. Sort of a way for your subconscious to work things out or blow off some steam. Just a thought.

As for the smell... I'm not sure. I've read some unpleasant scenarios regarding foul smells but I don't think your activity fits. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge can chime in here. I'm sorry you're still dealing with this. Kudos on the research, that always helps 😊

Dee
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-02)
Ok I did a little digging and haven't found much more info other than at one point there use to be a small general store here and at another point a few houses
(the apartment complex is huge and on a lot of property.) Though I couldn't get the names of any of the families.

I do know that the houses sat on the property to the point that they had to be condemned and tore down because they were falling apart with time. So they were here for a long time.

Well one of them the other I don't know if it was because it was damaged or if it was cleared because of the complex.

Thankfully putting away the candles has stopped them from being lit but we still have the creepy bathroom guy hanging around and the doors opening while I'm in the bathroom and now or bedroom door.

My husband changed the cleansings that we use and it seems to be helping some. Only really weird thing now is I keep having crazy nightmares. I hardly EVER dream!

And there has been a strange smell in the house no matter how much I clean I can't get rid of it. I checked the vents, scrubbed the trash cans, the food disposal anything that could reek but nothing works. I'm starting to think its something to do with the activity or one of our neighbors has a really nasty apartment I don't know I only talk to one.

It's still weird and digging gave me some interesting history but nothing solid so I don't know. Just thought I would let you guys know how things are going. And I wanted to see if a ghost can put off smells and make someone dream?

Thanks guys 😊
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-25)
DarkAngel, I don't have a deed because we are renting an apartment. I wish that I did. It very well could be the land. I will see what I can find out about it.
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-25)
Soscarcy5, I'm honestly not sure exactly what could have caused it. We have always had some activity in our apartment but only one other time has it been major.

It was kind of sudden really everything was pretty calm in the house and all of a sudden there was a creepy shadow guy hanging out in our bathroom every time I'm in there. Then doors opening and closing on their own specifically the bathroom door and recently our bedroom door.

Then the clothes started being moved and then the candles started lighting on their own all in a months time at most.

The only thing that was brought home recently is a couch my mom gave me and I had to rearrange the living room for that but else wise everything is the same.

The main times that I noticed stuff happening is are 12 as clique as that sounds. 2 and 5am sometimes around 6pm but only twice and that was the door opening.

I don't really know much about the land our apartment complex is built on and there really is no telling how many people have lived here but I'm willing to do some digging. I hope that I answered all your questions.

Lilwolf
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-25)
Have you checked the deeds? Who own the land stuff like that? Sounds like something connected to the land.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Lilwolf,

It really brokes my heart to hear anyone is troubled by such paranoia. But what do you believe might have caused this? Any suspicion? Was the occurrence of all this mishap was sudden? Or was it followed by any recent incidents? Like anything familiar you brought home or any kind of renovative changes in the house or the surroundings so far. Is there any particular time these activities at are peak?


A little research about the back story of the recent events might help. As you've mentioned that repeated cleansing is not proving to effective enough reflects that their attachment is very strong. But if it's interfering much with you daily lifestyle like the lighting of the candles which could possibly be life threatening then I suggest you to keep a record of these events and visit a psychic experienced in such cases.

Regards
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Jubeele, Thank you, sending hugs back your way. It's been a hard year and an even harder month but I will get through it. I always do, thanks for the links they help answer a lot of questions. I hope she hasn't done a reading anyway.

It is true that negative emotions can bring in spirits. Thanks for all your help. ❤❤

Slim_shady No I haven't bought anything online in a long time. I didn't feel anything attached to the couch but who knows. As far as I know my mom is the only one who owned it.
Thank you I appreciate it. By the way I like your name choice, I am a huge Eminem fan based on your name I'm guessing you are too. He is a great rap artist.
slim_shady (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Hello Lilwolf. Your experience is truly terrifying. Did you purchase something antique or from a pawn shop or eBay recently? It might have been that someone was attached to the couch while alive, and still is. Anyways, I'll pray for the well being and safety of your family. May God be with you!
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Oh Lilwolf, I'm saddened to hear about Emma - sending you a big hug for comfort. If you don't feel it was her, than it's most likely something else.

It's possible to do an absent reading with Tarot cards. People go for readings on relationships and that often involves people who aren't present at the time. I'd be more concerned if your neighbour was playing around with OB though. But this could be merely speculation. She may have respected your wishes and not done anything after you said no.
Http://www.tarotforum.net/library/8/2005-05/absent-reading-20050530.shtml
Http://www.psychicpower.com.au/tarot-readings/18-misguided-myths-about-tarot-cards-and-tarot-readings/

The summer solstice, also known as midsummer, is the longest day in the year and an important date in certain festivals and pagan rituals. This is the June solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. It's the December solstice for us in the Southern Hemisphere.
Https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/6/19/17479094/summer-solstice-2018-june-21

Sometimes, bad things do happen one after the other and may not be due to any spiritual attack. Life can often hit us in the gut when we're down. 😢 These things can also cause negative energy to build up around you, with all that stress and worry. Do take the time to care for yourself and refresh your energies. Your well-being is important too.

Best wishes to you, your family and loved ones for their speedy recovery and good health. ❤
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
RcRuskin, I'm sure I always clean any furniture that is given to me. I took off the cushions folded out the bed even checked under the sleeper mattress etc. Nothing came in but dust and some change lol and then I cleansed it of any negative energy.

AugustaM, It could be that the spirits don't like the change. I did have to rearrange the living room when I got it so that could be it. I'm not really sure, I hope that its not a warning of a fire. Thankfully we always keep a close eye on the batteries in the smoke dectors. We recently updated them just because of the random lighting candles. I did however notice that is always the one in my bathroom that keeps getting lit and we have taken all the candles and put them away. But I never thought of putting them in my freezer that could be a good idea. If you don't mind me asking what is the summer solstice?

Curious Dee, I don't think that it is the same spirit, the energy is different less menacing more mischevious still dark enough to leave a heaviness wherever it is which is usually our front bathroom.

The only death that has been somewhat recent was the death of my oldest daughter Emma it will be one year in July. I have thought it was her a few times playing with the baby toys but it doesn't feel like her. She was young when she passed away, so maybe but like I said the energy isn't right.

It certainly makes sense everything that You mentioned no worries there. I am also keeping an eye out for a different cleansing method.

LuciaJacinta, It was very scary when the candles started lighting by themselves and I have taken the precaution of putting them away and letting the spirits know it is NOT ok to mess with them.

Jubeele, Thank you for that suggestion I have been writing things down lately and trying to figure out what could be causing it.

I have removed all the candles from the counter tops and put them all away. So hopefully that will help. And I plan on trying to find a new way to rearrange my living room that may help. I will check out that story later.

Also quick question here for every one. I have a neighbor/friend that has been using tarot cards and asked to read me but I said no. I don't mess with tarot cards or Ouija boards they unnerve me. Do you guys think that her using them and possibly not closing the door all the way could be adding to the spiritual mayhem? Could she actually read me with the tarot cards without me being in front of her?

I also failed to mention that for some reason people in my family and a close friend have been getting severely sick back to back. For instance my great uncle had a partial stroke, my aunt was put in ICU for extreme stomach bleeding and my friend has had massive heart problems and this all happened in the last month.

Is this all just a set of bad luck or could it be a spiritual attack. I'm not sure if its tied to this or not but it is a concern.

Thanks for commenting I hope I can get an answer to all of this soon ❤

LilWolf
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
Hi Lilwolf, sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having. 😟 The first thing I thought of was keeping a journal. If you're not sure of what to do, then you need to get more details. Maybe along the way, you might detect a cause-and-effect pattern, something that might clue you in with a better picture as to what's going on.

Since the couch is the only obvious change in your house, you might start with that. Try rearranging its position and then note if the activities arc up, or quieten down. Or simply let it be and wait to see if everything settles after a while.

There are truly heaps of cleansing rituals available. If your current cleansing doesn't seem to be effective, you can try looking for another method that suits you. Or get someone else to help, depending on your beliefs. Don't forget regular cleansing of your own energies to keep negativity from building up - there are several ways to do this too.

Do take care. The candles being lit are worrying: agree about them being a potential fire hazard. Can you remove them from your house for now? How about flashlights instead for emergency lighting?

When I read this, I was reminded of Cups' account about her antique sofa:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25078

Keep us posted on what's happening with you. We're here to help if we can. 😘
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Ok,the candles lighting by themselves is very scary. You wouldn't want anything dangerous to happen with unattended flames. I think you need to draw a line there. Do some sort of cleansing ritual in line with your beliefs and reaffirm boundaries.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Hi there lilwolf,

I think one of your previous stories was one of the first I commented on when I joined. I'm sorry you're going through a stressful time. I was wondering if you think this spirit/activity is different from your past experiences? Do you think this is a totally different spirit? If you think the activity is unrelated and that you're dealing with a 'new' spirit or ghost... Have you had any recent death's in the family (perhaps a loved one trying to make contact)?

Or are you aware of any recent death's near your home? I believe a death can happen nearby and the spirit for whatever reason, can be attracted to certain homes. For example: a child would be attracted to your house because you have a child, toys, etc. A recently deceased person may be confused or held up because of family's grief, attracted to your spiritual light (believers in afterlife, practice cleansing), etc. I don't think these scenarios are common, but nonetheless, I thought I'd mention them in case it makes sense to you.

I know you mentioned that you shield and cleanse, but from my understanding that doesn't keep good spirits away, just the 'troublemaker's'. Your activity appears to be playful and a bit mischievous in nature. A pain in the rear, but playful nonetheless.

If you feel the activity is negative in any way, perhaps a different form or method of cleansing is needed. I know there are a ton out there. 😊

I'm interested in your thoughts on the above and hoping that it makes sense. 😜

Dee ❤
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
I have a few thoughts - simplest being that its often said ghosts don't like change. So maybe your resident spirits take issue on some level -aesthetic, just plain difference, style, etc- with the new couch. In which case they may get used to it in time.

Or, did the new couch cause rearrangement of the room? If so, maybe that put something out if balance along feng shui lines?

Or maybe it as nothing to do with the couch. What with the moving your clothes out, hiding the lighter and lighting candles - could they be trying to warn of an impending house fire or some sort of accident involving fire?

The summer solstice was just last night- could it have been that? Maybe monitor the next week to see if things have calmed down? Perhaps an EVP session to straight out ask them what's wrong?

In any case, for now least, I think I would gather up all candles and stick them in the freezer to discourage your fire bug and test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

Let us know how things are coming along! ❤
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Going out on a limb here, but are you sure the sofa is the only thing brought in? Have you checked behind the cushions? 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: