You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Evp Session

Real Ghost Stories

Evp Session

 

Since 9/11 I have been one of those that seek the truth on what really happened that day. I am always looking for any new information on the subject and watched pretty much all the videos out there on 9/11. So, last night, I have a ghost app downloaded on my phone that speaks words as energy from the other side come through. Well being the curious person I am, I started the app and wondered what would happen if I played a audio of some of the calls from the towers that day while I had the app running and this is what came through.

I asked if anyone was around that was in the towers on 9/11 and the names Danny, Drew, Thomas, Jeff came through one after another. Usually there are other words that come in between names but, all the names came through one after another and pretty fast also considering this app doesn't say words that fast. Then the name Thomas came through again with the words hurry and fire after his name. After a few seconds of the last words coming through, the name Jeff came through again and the words thick, smoke, lift, chest and pile came after his name. I at this point was very freaked out.

Even though I am the type of person that gets into the more morbid side of certain things that might happen. I put on another audio of 9/11 and the words thick, smoke, and rise came out next. It was a minute or two after those words that the words tower, falling came out. After this, I started feeling very very dizzy and sick to my stomach stopping the video and app. My kitchen felt like there where hundreds of people in it with me. 9/11 was a devastating day in our country and my thoughts and prayers still to this day go out to everyone that lost someone that day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TamaraMcKinstry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
In seances, mediums often seek to contact spirits of the deceased who may have died and been buried far from the location of the seance. So, perhaps precise location isn't necessarily so important where certain forms of spirit communication are concerned.

One caveat that does pop up in my evaluation of this experience (mind you, I do not doubt that this actually happened to the OP and precisely as it was described) is the tendency of the software on our phones to not only keep track of our search terms and internet trends at large but also to "listen" to us. Ever noticed that if you talk about a topic that doesn't regularly come up, next thing you know, your browser will start showing banner ads etc that are related? Given the proximity of this event to the 9/11 anniversary, certainly details of the event would have been trending online. If the app is not in fact genuine, it could have easily cued in on what it was listening to and geared its responses accordingly.

I am fairly backwards in my overall technological leanings - not to say I am the "tinfoil hat" type - I have an iPad and smart phone and can use them well but only out of necessity and pragmatism. Otherwise, I prefer more vintage methods of getting along and have my doubts about societies growing dependence on tech. Unfortunately, testing the veracity of any ghost talk app is tricky at best. Maybe try a more old fashioned approach to an EVP session and see if you get the same results.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
Tamara:
Thank you! I appreciate your clarification of the tech involved.

Belatedly, I admit, no one has done our usual greeting; "Welcome to YGS!"

This forum accepts honest inquiry into the paranormal as fodder for conversation and analysis. Your narrative certainly provided that. I don't think that anyone was offended by the description of your experience. Most contributors --so far-- have mentioned their personal experiences with that terrorist attack.

My response was equally "neutral" in that I wanted clarification about the technology. My questions were rooted in my natural skepticism, which is why I included my line of thinking. I didn't doubt your attempt to investigate the supernatural, I just wanted to be sure I understood your methodology. An honest contextualization: I still wear a escapement-powered (wind-up) pocket watch in my right waistcoat pocket.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Best,
Biblio.
TamaraMcKinstry (1 stories) (1 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
Ok, I want to clarify somethings about my quick story. I bought a app on Google play called Ghost Radar Legacy. All I did was wait for the app to warm up which takes a couple minutes. Then, I took my laptop that was next to my phone and played the videos of the calls to 9-11 from people in the towers. Was the app right on? I have not a clue. Download it and try for yourselves and see what response you might get. I was just curious and yes maybe being a little disrespectful to those that perished that day and for that please forgive me. I was curious is all it comes down to and thought it was something interesting to share. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
Greetings, Tamara.

I do not keep up with the latest fads in technology; in my case, it's apathy more than technophobia. I want to be sure I understand what you did:

1. You loaded a program onto your telephone. Does this program behave in a manner similar to the "Ghost Box," scanning through thousands of wavelengths per second to generate white noise for spirits to distort, thereby communicating with the living? Does the program employ some other methodology, such as filtering out the primary sounds (within the range human hearing) to play only secondary sounds that had been masked by the ordinary recording?

2. You played recordings of 9/11 phone calls. Did you do this on a separate device (such as a laptop)? Did you play them on the same phone while it ran the filter program or bandwidth-spanning program?

3. If the program you downloaded is designed to filter out the obvious sounds to scan for background noise, is it possible that the names you heard were, in fact, always there because other people nearby were calling their loved ones, also? If not, please explain.

Please note that I am serious in my request for an explanation; while I'd like Tamara to clarify her experience, I'm willing to read anyone's explanation about how this technology operates.

Best,
Biblio.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+5
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
9/11 was the darkest moment in modern human history.
In that tragic incident, my mother had lost her older brother's eldest son.
Undoubtedly in such a terrible and cowardly terrorist attack, where many percious lives that wanted to do something for their country and for their family left them behind mourning.
I truely believe that afflicted families still come at ground zero to remember their loved ones and they call them dearly and I truly believe that such a compassionate call, such pure love of someone's mom, dad, brother,sister,wife,son, daughter and friend had the power to summon even GOD.

But as far as searching ghosts through morden ghost apps are concerned, I generally go through my gut feelings and my scences.

Regards
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
I live in western NY, or 'upstate' as residents of NYC call it. I remember being at work, hearing about the first plane hitting the north tower on the radio, and then our televisions tuning into the rest... Terrified doesn't explain it. No one knew what was coming next. Especially being in the same state.

The issue with using an evp app is that anything you search for (words, topics, etc), sites you visit, etc is tracked by the apps on your phone. So the probability of key words related to 911 popping up on the evp is high. Especially as you mentioned you 'seek the truth on what happened that day' and the anniversary just passed.

It was a terrible day and it's important to remember the lives lost, but it's also important to remember the heroism, strength and unity.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
I'm not sure about your experience.

Are you trying to say that playing the audio attracted several spirits to your place in Ohio making them to live again the last tragic moments of their lives?😕

I'm sure that the 'ground zero' area, now turned into a memorial, must be thick with paranormal activity but I can't imagine all those spirits traveling all over the world every time someone is watching a documentary about that tragic day.
Just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
9/11 is now one of those dates where you just say it and pretty much everyone knows what you're talking about. We're also about to enter an era of people born after 9/11. Folks born in 2000 turn 18 this year which in the US is the traditional age for starting college or university, or at least graduating high school and starting a trade.

For me, this is the date my cousin was late for his job in Tower 2, thank God he was late, and my uncle in the Pentagon worked on the opposite side of the building. Though the date may not have affected me as it affected some, I still note this date.

That said, the words that came through the ghost app: Did they come from your own thoughts on the day, or from some spirit? Having used Ghost Radar myself, and it kept picking up chicken wings, I'm not convinced of the app.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24238

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: